PDA

View Full Version : Game freezing solution

ba11a818
04-17-2006, 05:58 AM
http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79739
2K Sports is still finalizing a solution to alleviate the "freeze" issue on Major League Baseball 2k6 for Xbox 360 that some of our consumers are experiencing. We should have a downloadable patch available once it has fully tested to first party compliance standards.

In the meantime, our dedicated 2K Sports QA team has tested and confirmed two work-around methods for those consumers who are experiencing the "freeze" issue:

1) Remove or disable the HDD

or,

2) Load three different Xbox 360 games to the main title screen of each game then load Major League Baseball 2K6 on Xbox 360. All three Xbox 360 games must be completely different before loading Major League Baseball 2K6.

While we realize that these measures may seem unconventional, our 2K Sports QA Team has tested both methods and both will remedy issues that are causing the Major League Baseball 2K6 "freeze" issue on the Xbox 360. Again, we truly apologize for any inconvenience to your playing experience.

Please stay tuned for more updates. Thank you for your attention.

ever since I did the 3 game thingy, no more freezing
thanks darksider for the link.

Scottacus
04-17-2006, 03:29 PM
The "load three games" workaround must be one of the most bizarre workarounds I've seen.

On another note, do you think there's a "Lead Tester" position now open at 2K Sports?

Tonloc79
04-17-2006, 03:55 PM
The "load three games" workaround must be one of the most bizarre workarounds I've seen.

On another note, do you think there's a "Lead Tester" position now open at 2K Sports?
Yes but aparently youd be working with a bunch of morons!

KernelVizion
04-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Ya know when I go out and buy or rent a game I kinda expect it to work without me having to do some weird ass workaround. This reminds me of the old Nintendo games that would freeze and you had to pull out the game and blow into it to get it to work right. That was like 1988. What year is it again? And they say this is next generation.

MADABOUT2K6
04-25-2006, 03:49 PM
1)I am so disgusted that I registered for this blog just to say this. 2)Why am I paying 60 dollars for a game that freezes. 3)Why is the xbox and ps3 version 40 dollars and it actually works? 4)Why hasnt the creator emailed me back after they tell me to email them and they will respond. 5) Why do they continue to advertise the game on xbox.com and elsewhere when the moment you get suckered into buying it you find out its freezes. Even the simulation game (when the start up screen goes idle) freezes. 6) Why have 2k and Madden been able to buy exclusive rights to baseball and football when all it does it create less competition and less effort into making the games. I know why, to make more money and now 2k can sell for 40 on xbox rather than their 20 before. ------All in all, this is riduculous, I not only want my 60 DOLLARS back, I want an apology from 2k and xbox for conning me into buying this game. Nowhere on the box did it say "Enjoy a couple innings because thats all your going to get." I cant believe this is the next generation of gaming, I also cant believe they arent getting sued over false advertising and finally I cant believe how they still advertise it and expect you to actually use those ridiculous work arounds. Patch-Smatch, this game sucks!!!! 1 out of 10 is a rating given not to the game but to the developers who obviously are making a killing off poor quality. And who obviously didnt play the game that they created on all aspects of the xbox 360. In closing, let me just say BRAVO to those caniving rats that developed this cheezy game. :mad:

Yankeez
04-25-2006, 05:56 PM
On a side note the patch will be available on Wednesday

agentexx
04-25-2006, 07:21 PM
If your game keeps freezing, try this. Go to your hard drive and delete the vip file for mlb 2k6. Then go back into the game and do not save the vip file when it asks you to. Then after completing a whole game save your vip file. I had a bunch of freezing problems and this worked for me. I can't guarantee it will work for you, but it did work for me.

bevan3423
04-26-2006, 04:40 AM
Just wanted everyone to know that my xbox knows that i read this. The first day i had it i played 6 games no problem. I read this the next day it keeps freezing and to make it better the 3 games does not work for me.

santi
04-29-2006, 03:40 PM
ohhh thanks men...ima have to try this..cuz my game is gettin freezin and its na even funny.
(http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3475#)