So What Do You Think Of The Dashboard Update?

Afro Ninja

Do you like the new update?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new update?

• Yes
    • It's alright
    • No
    • I hate it

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. Nothing too hard to figure out about it, and the Kinect additions are great. Would be nice if they allowed a gamer to use their headset for the voice control, but aside from that. It is much easier to find things now. Just push over and select your "area" be it Game, Social or what have you, then push down to instantly access whatever area you want. Instead of going through tile after tile. I really wish they would have had the game box as the large one, instead of the smaller one to the left. I mean, I really couldn't care less about whatever MS is pushing. I pay for my 360 and my LIVE, I shouldn't have adverts shoved down my throat.

Meh. Its okay. I like how clean and polished it is, and I like the new Achievement format (especially the page w/ overall stats - tenure, points completion, cheevo completion). The green and white is pretty nice too (I guess). I wish they would update the in-game center button menu to include total percentage as well as a page with all the completed games.

I said No, I mean there are some interesting features but it's just too much crap that isn't needed. Plus they are missing things, such as being able to tell what the MSP balance is (you have to either go to the marketplace and select something to buy or go all the way to settings, account and add points for it to show). I find navigation difficult, more button presses than necessary and I just miss the "sliding" of the last one.

Prefer the old one, But i dont really see any point in complaining, so much money went into the creation of it & the contracts for the apps have been made so it will never change back, so why complain ?

Just wish that Inside Xbox still had the archives & the sections were larger. also i don't like the new achievements on dashboard, looks nice but it brings it up in the guide when you look via dash, so whats the point in it ? Also the cubes on the home thing, one of them should be My Games, just for convenience less scrolling

Just a few bits they can improve without compromising the new layout :) But they wont as all my issues can be solved by having Kinect, just another sneaky way of marketing it, as it makes Xbox more convenient. Sneaky little bastards

I still think the very first dashboard was the best but since I have the Kinect I really like how they integrated it into the dashboard so I can use it for almost anything. Netflix is nicer except for the problems with the Party feature. But other than that I think it'll be ever cooler once they allow YouTube and lots of other stuff.

I know for me and probably other Kinect users it was a pain to launch Fruit Ninja or other arcade games using the Kinect. You had to turn your controller on just to navigate to that menu, now it's really easy to do so I really liked that.

Considering I didn't have the chance to enjoy the old dash board layout, I will have to say I do kinda enjoy it. It was somewhat confusing at first, but upon checking things out and playing around for a bit, I think I finally have the hang of it. I will say that I like it a lot more than the PS3's menu.

Hate it, instead of putting the stuff we ALWAYS go to like play game in the center they put it over to a small square and have giant ads in the middle.

Do I honestly have to know every time a friend starts to play the same game as me?

Still no internet browser.

I guess the cloud is the only good thing, but still it is limited.