PDA

View Full Version : Chaff Achievement will NOT unlock.

Teh Paralyzer
12-11-2011, 02:12 AM
In Main Ops and Extra Ops I've thrown dozens of Chaff at ZEKE and I've yet to earn the achievement. I even made the grenade bounce off ZEKE and still nothing.

I checked the PS3 trophies site and they have the same issue. Some people get it some don't.

I'm starting to think this is glitched to a select few :(

blee717
12-12-2011, 02:59 AM
I know when I went for it, it didn't unlock for me either but then I fought it again with a radome installed and purposely tried to hit ZEKE with the Chaff grenade and it unlocked. Since you said it didn't work when it hit him, try installing a radome.

Teh Paralyzer
12-13-2011, 12:25 AM
Found a lot if help on PS3 trophies but I have no idea where to get that item for ZEKE.

blee717
12-13-2011, 04:51 AM
You can get the Radome from Chrysallis. Destroying everything but the Radome increases your chances of obtaining an intact Radome. So destroy it's railgun, wings, and sensory pieces.

Indigocloud
12-15-2011, 01:39 PM
I dont know who decided too post to do this achievement in the extra ops but i can confirm several times this achievement is only possible in the main ops ZEKE fight where paz is inside it. it is not possible on the extra ops ZEKE fight.

Kaiyo
01-04-2012, 07:36 PM
The Extra Ops version, the Radome prevents the Chaff Grenade from messing with the AI.
Paz uses Metal Gear ZEKE's Radome to see like how Liquid used Metal Gear REX's Radome to see.

ksjacobydc
02-28-2012, 09:59 PM
I had trouble with this one as well and finally found somewhere online that this must be done in main ops. Also the radome must be installed. Once these criteria were met, the achievement popped for me.