PDA

View Full Version : $60 worth of crap?

mgorsi
12-12-2011, 02:29 AM
Seriously? $60 game with 2 hours of main story??
This should be a XBL Arcade title for 1200 microsoft points.

Challenge mode is crap, its taken from NFS Most Wanted. no real incentive to play it. Graphics are so so.. And changing your car in career mode is retarded. Really gas station in the middle of the race?? I only changed my car like 3 times, and before i know it, game is over. Whats the point of putting over 100 cars in the game?? No car customizations, u don't buy cars, a very horrible story, its like nothing happened, u start and finish 2 hrs later. character personality makes u hate him, rather than give a crap about them. there is over 200 drivers in the "run" that we are supposed to take over. And we only face like 4 of them head to head. Game does a horrible job at getting u into the story, or the game itself.

This game sucks so bad. Thank god i bought it for $30 on black friday. And THANK GOD amazon is still taking this pile of crap for $29. Go ahead trade it in, before the value goes down. got it for $30, getting $29 back, its well worth it at $1.

thanks for reading, and sorry for bad grammer. (always hated english classes)

Wiliuzuk
12-12-2011, 11:25 AM
What did you expect? Black box made this one. I think the worst ever nfs was Undercover, and guess who made it ? BLACK BOX. i just hope Criterion developing another NFS.Fingers crossed

xTGMx INF3RNO
12-12-2011, 11:28 AM
I thought undercover was one of the best NFS made. Carbon and most wanted sucked. Then need to bring back the underground series.

Rusty Knight 07
12-12-2011, 11:43 AM
The Run isn't worth paying a lot for, in fact I got my copy for free, but its also not the worst NFS game. Undercover looks awful, more like a last gen game with graphics I'd have expect on a PS2 not an Xbox 360.
People complain that the main story is too short, but remember you have to play it through at least twice to get the achievements!

For me NFS: Hot Pursuit was the biggest let down recently, with Criterion making the game I expected it to be much better than it was.

Wiliuzuk
12-12-2011, 03:04 PM
they should bring underground series or most wanted 2 back.i missed free roaming in recent nfs series.

SatNiteEduardo
12-16-2011, 12:11 AM
I found the challenge mode awesome fun. Online too.

With challenge mode I beat how ever many autolog times I had to to unlock all the cars available. I got golds / platinums in all challenges.

My 1 and only gripe with the game is how badly the rewind feature its implemented.

I also enjoyed Hot Pursuit but it had pretty ordinary dlc.

KFZ Scrubs
12-17-2011, 07:44 AM
Thank god I borrowed it...

Evo Kazz
12-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Dont know why everyone bitches about this game, sure its not HP or MW, but its still a damn good game, been playing on daughters profile and really enjoyed it, gonna make a start for the 1k soon. People just seem to bitch for the sake of it, I played on a diff console cos of the bad comments in here, but after playing it, I think its really good.

EpicOverdozze
12-22-2011, 05:37 PM
It was funny when I called my friend after 2 hours he left my place telling him that I was done with the game. At the end I felt like they had an awesome storyline but somehow managed to make a piece of shit out of it.

I mean seriously, why do we need info on some Garret, the sportsman if we just have 2 7-10 minutes races and thats it.

There are few things I liked the most: The idea of "The Run", the helicopter chasing race and the very last race. Other stuff-boring. I'd put a 5/10 for it as a racing game, but its an NFS, from which one expects more, so I have to lower the grade to 4/10.

redlight racer
12-23-2011, 07:21 AM
I have mixed emotions on this game. I like the idea behind it, I love some of the car designs, and I do like some small things (like the different areas). But some stuff just fails for me.

The story had SO much more potential, and what little story there is, is interrupted by quick time events. The RUN mode gets pretty repetitive, with the same couple events over and over (different locales, but it's always the same thing with little story or unlockables in between).

The changing cars at a gas station is a neat idea, BUT... Why Can't I change my car before/after the race too? it would have made more sense that way.

The worst part for me though, is that fact that it seems like most the cars are unlockable through online play. I am renting the game and do not have a code for it... so I miss all the cool cars. I feel like the RUN mode would be more fun if they made it unlock more cars to use.

Granted, this feeling may change once I am all the way through the game (I am about 75% through right now). I do plan on buying the game to hopefully unlock all the cars through LIVE, and complete it... But I certainly won't buy it until it drops in price as I don't feel it is worth it (Which I should have expected, I haven't played a NFS I really enjoyed since last gen... HP was ok, but only when compared to the other games in the series.).

fallout frank
12-28-2011, 07:48 PM
I honestly stopped liking the NFS series once they dropped the ability to fully customize your car, fully designing your own car including the body kit, spoiler, rims, lights, tint, wing mirrors and graphics was great fun.

I loved just designing cars, instead of the stock crap you can do now, so for me after the underground series the series died in my eyes.

WRW1978
12-28-2011, 10:55 PM
That sucks to hear. I was looking forward to this game. Guess i will wait to get it cheap.

neverendr
12-29-2011, 06:05 AM
I found it really disappointing...all the online unlocks stop me from getting a lot of the cars (got it through gamerang) and the story is ridiculously short and disjointed. I miss the old games, even going back to the pc-only releases, since the game would compare to Forza if it were made the same. I missed the car upgrading as far as appearance goes in the last several NFS games, and the controls have gone way too far to the cradle side of things, hell, PGR is a hardcore racing sim compared to the NFS games since undercover. Hopefully they'll get back to making good games soon, I used to see the title and consider them must-buy titles, now they're more must-gamefly, it's a shame.