PDA

View Full Version : Is there a method to get the kinect achievements without kinect?

ShazamFTW
12-12-2011, 10:40 PM
I have absolutely no desire to drop $100+ to finish off a game, so I've been holding off getting this...

I am going to cock punch whoever thought this was a good idea to lace a game show with motion achievements...

But, if there's a way around this, I'd love to hear about it.

KabuKiArcade
12-13-2011, 06:04 PM
None that I'm aware of, the game actually warns you quite heavily that if you attempt to start a Kinect game without the Kinect plugged in, you will be dumped to the main menu.

Its also SUPER aggravating when it comes to Kinect ID, and even if you aren't playing a Kinect enabled game (just playing single player) the game helpfully reminds you to take a break, as you may be tired.

In all, very disappointed in what Kinect was used for in this game. Even games that could potentially have some use for Kinect (like Super Ball) are reduced to a one motion slap at the screen.

Maybe try to borrow a kinect, play on someone else system, rent one, not sure bud.

ShazamFTW
12-15-2011, 03:15 AM
Meh, I'm not that motivated as I haven't even picked up the game, but it irks me that as soon as I heard TPIR was coming out I was going to call it a day one buy, then I found out it had Kinect, so I'm now not buying it at all...

Seems kind of stupid to alienate a section of consumers over something that is completely unneccesary...

Unrelated, I lived in Carol Stream until a few years ago and moved to Iowa... awfully random.

Veedrock
12-15-2011, 03:27 AM
Seems kind of stupid to alienate a section of consumers over something that is completely unneccesary...

What? It's not stupid to "alienate" a very very small number of customers (achievement completionists) when it opens up the game to a much bigger market (those that have and enjoy Kinect).

Alienate being in quotes because they actually aren't alienating anybody; instead you are alienating yourself.

xCKJoeh153x
01-13-2012, 12:31 AM
I have absolutely no desire to drop $100+ to finish off a game, so I've been holding off getting this...

I am going to cock punch whoever thought this was a good idea to lace a game show with motion achievements...

This is honestly the dumbest question I think I've ever read on this site.

Infernal
01-13-2012, 12:42 AM
Bahahhahahah I agree with you Coolkid, this is a beyond hilarious question, I mean seriously? it's boofer btw ;)

Vendetta
01-13-2012, 01:02 AM

Which honestly is a hard thing to accomplish with all the idiocy we see. :p

But I agree 100%

Vermigs
01-13-2012, 01:07 AM

Too true Joe too true

NiteJokester
01-13-2012, 01:44 AM

Someone should cock punch you to aid the chance that will not reproduce. Did you read what you typed before hitting the submit button... I am glad there is achievements in games that normally wouldn't use the kinect just for the fact that we have it and its just not gonna sit there and collect dust.