PDA

View Full Version : Honest review :)

PANIC ATTACK 10
12-14-2011, 12:55 AM
well where to start. i cant help but feel i've been here & done this before.

with only new songs & a drop in co op. its just not enough for me to want to spend 50.00. last years is still good & strong. sadly this years lacks a song list that appeals to all.

ya sure i can inport last years songs but much hasnt changed. the graphics are better & different moves & venues is a nice touch too.

yet with all the other dancing games out now. harmonix needed that extra punch which is lacking.

great games like;MJ:TE,JD3,grease,black eye peas & more. DC2 has a very stiff competetion to beat.

a simple remake of last years game just isnt enough for me to buy it.

rent it to see if its worth 50 clams. try the demo, but for me its an 6.5/10

lack of effort to bring us something unique hurts this title alot. things like music which is most important to a dancing game.

the competetion has really steped it up. while harmonix does the nintendo thing just to get by. a rental nothing more.

Shinobi273
12-14-2011, 12:59 AM
What about for $30? I picked this up on sale and will try it out later.

Necrophage33
12-14-2011, 03:23 PM
I couldn't disagree with this more. I actually think your Dance Central review makes even less sense. You mention in that review that it has a decent story. Last I checked there was no story whatsoever in Dance Central. DC2 has the crew challenge mode which is like a career mode.

There are also more songs in this game, with a lot more moves, and the choreography is done so much better in this game. A lot of these songs, especially the harder ones, feel like dance routines, whereas a lot of songs in DC have a lot more repetition.

This game also has a much better Break It Down mode, which helps greatly with learning hard moves.

I know it's minor, but you can turn off the Freestyle section in songs, which I like a lot since I always thought the freestyle section was stupid. Instead, there are more moves stringed together, making it feel more like a full dance routine.

The Dance Battle mode is much better. The back-and-forth makes competing better, along with the Free-4-All sections. The Dance Battle mode in the first was a little unfair, since player 2 got to watch player 1 go first, making it easier for them.

There is also co-op mode not only in the individual songs but throughout the entire game (crew challenge mode too).

To me, well worth the $50. I hardly play the DC songs anymore because the routines in the DC2 songs are so much better. They also feel a lot more energetic, and I love not having that annoying freestyle section breaking the song up.

Necrophage33
12-14-2011, 03:24 PM

If you enjoyed the first, you'll definitely enjoy this one. And if you need help with anything, I still visit this board, so I should be able to get back to you pretty quickly.

PANIC ATTACK 10
12-16-2011, 05:52 AM

i would say for 30.00 if you like the songs its good deal.

you can inport DC as well. i just feel harmonix could have done more with this.

i really enjoyed the 1st one. with all the dance games out. just just falls short IMO.

PANIC ATTACK 10
12-16-2011, 06:00 AM
I couldn't disagree with this more. I actually think your Dance Central review makes even less sense. You mention in that review that it has a decent story. Last I checked there was no story whatsoever in Dance Central. DC2 has the crew challenge mode which is like a career mode.

There are also more songs in this game, with a lot more moves, and the choreography is done so much better in this game. A lot of these songs, especially the harder ones, feel like dance routines, whereas a lot of songs in DC have a lot more repetition.

This game also has a much better Break It Down mode, which helps greatly with learning hard moves.

I know it's minor, but you can turn off the Freestyle section in songs, which I like a lot since I always thought the freestyle section was stupid. Instead, there are more moves stringed together, making it feel more like a full dance routine.

The Dance Battle mode is much better. The back-and-forth makes competing better, along with the Free-4-All sections. The Dance Battle mode in the first was a little unfair, since player 2 got to watch player 1 go first, making it easier for them.

There is also co-op mode not only in the individual songs but throughout the entire game (crew challenge mode too).

To me, well worth the $50. I hardly play the DC songs anymore because the routines in the DC2 songs are so much better. They also feel a lot more energetic, and I love not having that annoying freestyle section breaking the song up.

actually i did mention all this stuff in my short review.

yes there is a story in DC. when it plays hey mr dj, at start of game & when you beat game, you get a small intro & ending.

you actually posted you agreed with my DC review too.

with the other dance games out now. this pales in comparison.

theres alot of great dancing games out. i wouldnt advise people to waste money on this.

unique games like grease,MJ:TE,JD3,black eyed peas & more.

heck grease even added mini games for pete sake! wake up bud, this games old already.

Necrophage33
12-16-2011, 03:13 PM

yes there is a story in DC. when it plays hey mr dj, at start of game & when you beat game, you get a small intro & ending.

theres alot of great dancing games out. i wouldnt advise people to waste money on this.

heck grease even added mini games for pete sake! wake up bud, this games old already.

The fact that you think JD3 and black eyed peas are competition makes me laugh.

And an intro and outro aren't even the beginnings of a story.

UltimatesWaffle
12-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Dance Central 2 doesn't have competition, it IS the competition that other Kinect dancing games have to beat.

Black Eyed Peas Experience is pure crap. I'll just lay it out right there, the game is poor and offers little to no entertainment.

Just Dance 3 is a fun dancing game, yes, but offers very basic choreographies for family fun as opposed to Dance Central which offers challenging choreographies for those who really want to "dance". Just Dance being mainly a Wii game makes you do rather simple arm movements and rarely makes you jump or use your legs except for a few song like "Jump".

I also thought that DC 2 had a lot of improvements from DC 1. First off, it has dance battles, co-op dance and crew challenges that offers a much better "story" than DC1. Also, I thought the song list was much much better than the shit they chose for DC 1 which was about 75% rap/hip hop stuff that I can't stand. Dance Central 2 was more "clubbish". So definitely, the game is worth the money.

But Just Dance 3 and Black Eyed Peas are definitely not competing with this game at all. Dance Central 2 really means "dance". The others are little casual games not meant to challenge you.

PANIC ATTACK 10
12-16-2011, 09:23 PM
i noticed everyone focused on JD3 & blakeye peas. yet nothing said about comparing MJ:TE & grease.

grease has some really cool things in their mini games.

running track, pillow fights, fixing the car during grease lightining song. pretty cool stuff for a dance game.

has all the dances in move including handjive.

as for MJ:TE visuals are awesome! great stages & video backdrops. really puts you in his shoes!

you're on stage too with pyros,lasers & such.

iconlc moves are all there too. moonwalk, thiller creature dance & much more!

JD3 alkows you to upload your own dances & routines! so its not just swinging arms!

the dance routines are better than DC2.

as for DC2 songs, its worse! only appeals to this generation. where as the jthers apoeal to all.

everyone who loved the movie grease. will love that game. same with MJ & JD3. its all about what music you like.

DC2 didnt set nor raised the bar at all. in fact little was done to improve it over lastyears.

DC song list was way better too than DC2.

lack of creativity & imagination really hurts DC2!

harmonix id just doing what they did with RB. coasting by with very little to offer.

though RB3 was way different with pro mode & semi real instruments. which finally was a spark of creativity in those games.

they need to do the same here. there's just far better dancing games out now.

creative ideas with cool mini games. while still maintaning workout modes & such.

also being in MJs shoes dancing & singing. you just cant compare nor compete with that.

overall awesome stuff! DC2 needed more bang for the buck.

stat
12-18-2011, 05:50 AM
I haven't played all the dance games but I will agree with you that the track listing on DC2 is more forgettable than the original DC. 10 years from now no one will remember half the DC2 songs (Bruno Mars, Enrique, Willow Smith, Remy, come on!) whereas many of the DC songs are already silly classics (Bust a Move, Funkytown, Beastie boys, Brickhouse...).

SatNiteEduardo
12-19-2011, 12:17 AM
Suggesting Grease Dance has something better than this is laughable in my opinion.

Its like suggesting NFS The Run is competing with Forza and beating it. They are the same main genre but not really in direct competition.

Its funny whenever a sequel comes out one group of people will say its too similar to the previous one and another group will say its changed too much.

I judge a game in its own right.

SatNiteEduardo
12-19-2011, 12:21 AM
JD3 alkows you to upload your own dances & routines! so its not just swinging arms!

the dance routines are better than DC2.

This is all personal opinion but my opinion is so so different to yours.

On metacritic there was a quote from one of the reviews that said something like this:

DC2 is the better game but JD3 was more fun.

Its like a sim racer vs an arcade racer.

I think you need to accept that your opinions are valid but don't expect everyone to agree with them.

You call all of your reviews "Honest Review" I would call them "My Review".

As for who the soundtrack appeals to not sure I can be counted part of the current generation and I like the soundtrack in DC2.

UltimatesWaffle
12-19-2011, 04:07 AM
I haven't played all the dance games but I will agree with you that the track listing on DC2 is more forgettable than the original DC. 10 years from now no one will remember half the DC2 songs (Bruno Mars, Enrique, Willow Smith, Remy, come on!) whereas many of the DC songs are already silly classics (Bust a Move, Funkytown, Beastie boys, Brickhouse...).

DC did aim at picking more "classics" than DC 2, but I thought their choice of songs to dance was poor. I really wasn't stimulated to tackle all the songs on hard in DC because the songs just didn't inspire me to move. I didn't like the songs period. But in DC 2, I enjoyed myself from beginning to end. I guess it's a question of taste, but DC 2 was more "club-ish" while as DC was more hip-hop oriented.
Let's just say that I found DC 2 to have more "beat" than DC.

EnfantDuSiecle
12-19-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm sorry but you have to be kidding me. This game is by far the best dance game out there (maybe even the best kinect game). It was a good improvement ffom the first and definitely quite challenging.

PANIC ATTACK 10
12-19-2011, 11:15 PM

exactly these songs have been around a long time. they grow on you too lol

Suggesting Grease Dance has something better than this is laughable in my opinion.

Its like suggesting NFS The Run is competing with Forza and beating it. They are the same main genre but not really in direct competition.

Its funny whenever a sequel comes out one group of people will say its too similar to the previous one and another group will say its changed too much.

I judge a game in its own right.

you're wrong, grease has real dance moves DC & DC2 dont. MJ:TE even has real dance mives as well.

This is all personal opinion but my opinion is so so different to yours.

On metacritic there was a quote from one of the reviews that said something like this:

DC2 is the better game but JD3 was more fun.

Its like a sim racer vs an arcade racer.

I think you need to accept that your opinions are valid but don't expect everyone to agree with them.

You call all of your reviews "Honest Review" I would call them "My Review".

As for who the soundtrack appeals to not sure I can be counted part of the current generation and I like the soundtrack in DC2.

actually they are both arcade. as neither one, DC,DC2,JD3, have any real moves. so they are the same.

as for oppions, i have nothing agsinst anyones.

how arrogant of you to think i want others to bend to my will.

it also shows a lack of matturity on your part. putting thoughts to words that dont exist.

DC did aim at picking more "classics" than DC 2, but I thought their choice of songs to dance was poor. I really wasn't stimulated to tackle all the songs on hard in DC because the songs just didn't inspire me to move. I didn't like the songs period. But in DC 2, I enjoyed myself from beginning to end. I guess it's a question of taste, but DC 2 was more "club-ish" while as DC was more hip-hop oriented.
Let's just say that I found DC 2 to have more "beat" than DC.

i can respect that, good point. the difference in music is what makes it or not. if you dont like the music. you just wont dance or whatever.

I'm sorry but you have to be kidding me. This game is by far the best dance game out there (maybe even the best kinect game). It was a good improvement ffom the first and definitely quite challenging.

i had to laugh at it being the best kinect game. no offense, but with great games like rise of nightmares, you gotta be nuts to think any dance game stands up to an open,freeroam survival horror game. with s kickass story to it! just not gonna happen!

as for best dance game. thats a matter of taste. grease & MJ:TE are the only ones so far to have real dance moves.

the other dance games have made up moves.

so it comes down to do you want real moves or made up ones?

in terms of made up ones. i'd have to go with JD3. it has a feature missing in the DC games. that is it allows me to create my own routines.

as for real dance moves. thats up to what music you like. i think MJ & grease are tied for different reasons.

both have great songs & add something unique to the genre.

SatNiteEduardo
12-20-2011, 05:36 AM

Here is an example of you not accepting someone elses opinion as valid. You may not like this game but that does not mean others will not.

You state this pales in comparison to the other games and this game is old already.

Well metacritic's critics and users both disagree with you.

Dance Central 82 and 7.6
Dance Central 86 and 8.6
MJ 63 and 6.3
JD3 70 and 7.8
Black Eyed Peas 65 and tbd

And yes I know these games have varying numbers of reviews and their scores will become more valid when more reviews go up.

But the post I quote above from you is you criticising someone else for having a different opinion than yours.

Now if you want to criticise me as being immature and putting thoughts to words that don't exist I think you need to look in the mirror.

And its arrogant of me to think you want others to bend to your will - no dude just observant although you are being creative with your description of what I said.

PANIC ATTACK 10
12-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Here is an example of you not accepting someone elses opinion as valid. You may not like this game but that does not mean others will not.

You state this pales in comparison to the other games and this game is old already.

Well metacritic's critics and users both disagree with you.

Dance Central 82 and 7.6
Dance Central 86 and 8.6
MJ 63 and 6.3
JD3 70 and 7.8
Black Eyed Peas 65 and tbd

And yes I know these games have varying numbers of reviews and their scores will become more valid when more reviews go up.

But the post I quote above from you is you criticising someone else for having a different opinion than yours.

Now if you want to criticise me as being immature and putting thoughts to words that don't exist I think you need to look in the mirror.

And its arrogant of me to think you want others to bend to your will - no dude just observant although you are being creative with your description of what I said.

you mean to tell me that these reviews are not bias? please of course they are. all reviews are bias! which is why you wont see a kinect game get a good score on here.

if you dont like the review, then dont read it.

personally i could care less about your posts. its a waste of time that i could be doing other things with.

so this is my last post about this. my points stand, like it or not i dont care.

SatNiteEduardo
12-22-2011, 03:54 AM
Yep every review is biased because they are personal opinion. My review of a game will be biased because I like what I like. Same with your reviews.

The only review that really matters is what each person thinks of the game so if you want to suggest that reviews are not worth it then all reviews are the same.

And I am not sure you understand what metacritic is. The user scores are simply that...user scores. The critic scores are the average of all reviews found on the internet and sure reviewers don't always seem to get what gamers want. The MW3 review is a classic. Reviewers scoring it in the 80s and gamers scoring it in the 30s. And sure there may be COD haters voting but it is still one of the biggest gaps in scores of any game.

But it certainly appears that most people who have played multiple dance / kinect games recognise that DC2 is the best game at the moment in the genre. There are differing opinions regarding the soundtrack. And there are also differing opinions regarding what is the most fun game to play.

I do agree that Grease Dance is fun but it provides little incentive to replay it if you are not a real Grease Fan. All songs smashed in karaoke and dance in a few nights. I won't be able to do that in DC2.

Grease was too easy and could have done with a hard difficulty setting.

Alaskanassassin
12-23-2011, 04:07 AM
Just don't feed the obvious troll, he probably works for one of the companies making the other shit games or is just wasting his time trolling for the lulz.

Caligura
12-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Sweetie unless you're a top notch career dancer, I cant understand why you dont like it.
The colours are sane, the music is from my era, so maybe stay-at-home mums in their 30's reminiscing about the feel good 80's is not such a bad thing.
I wouldn't put down the developers efforts though, they have put in a lot of things I wished for into the second game. If you know what you want say so.
You don't want it slow, you want it turbo!