PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland game

k1ngJeffrey
12-14-2011, 05:06 PM
I am thinking about picking up the Kinect Disneyland game for my kids, for X-mas. They are 6 and 4. Will they enjoy the game?

Thanks, I am new here and I am excited to be apart of this site.

realslimshamus
12-14-2011, 05:08 PM
I wonder the same thing... but for my 23 year old self. I'm a Disney freak. lol

Primate
12-15-2011, 02:05 AM
My wife plays it with my 2 year old daughter and she loves it, I think it would be great for kids that age.
Not so sure about for a 23 y/o though....:confused:

tugboatman
12-15-2011, 10:12 PM
You should really be looking here.....
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=345787

But anyhooo I rented it for my kids and the loved it, its huge, theres loads to do its a very time consuming game, controls are really simple and quite responsive (providing you have the sensor set right so it can actually see the kids lol and the correct amount of room for Kinect)

I would give it an 8/10 for kids

Moshalisa
12-15-2011, 11:19 PM
I'm 20, and this was on my christmas wish list so... I would say if they love Disney, they'll love the game :D

Evo Kazz
12-16-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm 31, and this is under the tree for me, I have 2 kids, 6 and 13, but they can get stuffed, Ima having first go lol

Annihil88torr
12-22-2011, 06:29 AM
I am thinking about picking up the Kinect Disneyland game for my kids, for X-mas. They are 6 and 4. Will they enjoy the game?

Thanks, I am new here and I am excited to be apart of this site.

I'm 25 and I actually enjoy playing this game, so your kids will love it. The mini games are fun as well as walking around Disneyland. It's actually like being there but your enjoying the whole park from your living room.

snowpup5
12-22-2011, 03:08 PM
I just started playing it as a way to relax while my son napped and it served that purpose well. I love the disney characters and the game does give you the feeling of being in the park. I'm running around and see something interesting. Wow, what's that ... let's go explore. I haven't tried to play it with my 2 year old yet but did buy the game for my 9 year old niece. I wish it was a little more of an open world.

Foxxy kyle
12-22-2011, 03:52 PM
The park isnt the same layout as the real park like I was told before it came out, which was kind of a disappointment but obviously not a game breaker. I personally am starting to find the game a chore to finish the 1000g in and im not having near as much fun as I was the first couple of days, and the minigames are getting kinda boring now as well. I would still recommend buying it for the 6 and 4 yr old though since it probably wont get old for them, ever.

Topcontender
12-27-2011, 03:40 AM
The only issue I have is that it I keep dropping a player in coop mode.

Staesia
12-30-2011, 05:43 AM
I was wondering as well if I would like the game. I'm 23, but I love the Lego videogames, as well as the new Disney Universe. I'm pretty sure I"ll love the Disneyland game, though it is disappointing to hear that it doesn't have the same layout as the actual themepark. You would think the developers would be able to do that...

ogge125
12-30-2011, 05:24 PM
I have never been very much for disney games.

mchowaniec
12-31-2011, 04:00 AM
The park isnt the same layout as the real park like I was told before it came out, which was kind of a disappointment but obviously not a game breaker.

I disagree. I think the layout matches the real Disneyland in CA almost exactly. Even the corn dog truck is there!

I bought it for my 38 year old wife who loves Disneyland. We and our 9 year old son are loving it.

crazykrug
12-31-2011, 08:06 PM
I just got a Kinect and this game but haven't had a chance to play. It does sound like fun.

Gizm0 The Great
01-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Amazing game I love it

GamerDude604
01-03-2012, 12:36 AM
this is a well made game. i played it with my 3yr old niece and she was totally into it. I'm not sure if it was my setup, but it sometimes had problems tracking her.

definitely worth picking up for disney fans or children.

infinitelives
01-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Me and my 4 year old son play it all the time. Fun just walking around looking for hidden items. The mini games can get a bit boring and repetative but there is plenty of other stuff to do to break up.

scrapcatb
01-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Glad to hear so many good reviews of this one. We just got it but have been having trouble with our sensor recognizing our 3 year old. I'm thinking that we have the sensor set up wrong but need to figure out how to best set it up for different height/size people. Then hopefully we'll enjoy the game more!

Amylynn84
01-14-2012, 06:05 AM
I've wanted this game for awhile now but I just can't get a hang of the Kinectamals system. How hard are the games together??✨

StrikeAnywhereX
01-17-2012, 08:57 PM
This game looks pretty cool... Only thing i'm worried about is, will it be a play for ten minutes then be over it kinda thing? I don't own Kinect yet, but am trying to decide if it's a worthwhile purchase...

Foxxy kyle
01-18-2012, 12:28 AM
This game looks pretty cool... Only thing i'm worried about is, will it be a play for ten minutes then be over it kinda thing? I don't own Kinect yet, but am trying to decide if it's a worthwhile purchase...

Im probably around 50 hours on it...with a lot more to do.

Schfooge
01-18-2012, 03:12 AM
Unfortunately, I've not been to either park, but I understand that it's supposed to recreate the California park (Disneyland) almost exactly, rather than the Florida park (Disney World). However, both parks are supposed to be similar in layout.

Schfooge
01-18-2012, 03:14 AM
[QUOTE=StrikeAnywhereX;4832130]Only thing i'm worried about is, will it be a play for ten minutes then be over it kinda thing?QUOTE]

Believe me, there is a LOT of stuff to do. I've been playing it for a couple of weeks, and have only got it completed to 30%, and only a handful of the achievements so far.

hoferchr
11-05-2012, 04:23 AM
Kinect Disneyland Adventures is a good game. There is a lot of different mini-games within the main game. Most of the mini-games aren't really that "mini"...because they do take advantage of Kinect in several different ways. It's fun to see some of my favorite Disney attractions in a Kinect experience...such as the jungle cruise and just roaming around the park. I'm a huge Disney fan, so this was an instant buy for me.

CuteTXKitty
11-07-2012, 05:52 PM
The map is actually right along with the Disneyland in California. It's actually done very well..

As for young kids, they will love it! They might have a tough time with some of the mini-games, but a parent can step in and help them out.

I have to shamefully admit I kick my son off to play it sometimes. It is really fun and there is so much to do I don't know if I will ever feel like I'm completely done playing it.

keinanna
01-18-2013, 12:59 AM
I bought this for my daughter last year when she was 7 but really she has never really liked it I play it more than she does but I am a huge Disney fan

That being said I know a lot of kids who do like the game. I guess it depends on if they really like Disney stuff if they like my daughter think Disney is for babies they probably won't enjoy it

dougal1981
01-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Been swithering about buying this for the family, now it's sold. Will have fun playing with the kids and will have fun watching the wife feeling awkward.

REALBROTHERHOOD1988
03-01-2013, 04:12 PM
it is fun for the hole famely disneyland the game