PDA

View Full Version : Have YOU been killed by the Skid Loader?

Barad
12-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Just wondering if anyone here has been unlucky enough to be a victim of death by a loader -_- I got killed by one first time today I was on the otherside of the warehouse by the container prone and got roadkilled, gutted.

Poppygalaxy
12-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Nope, killed three guys trying though :) durdurdur NOPE

Benny34
12-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Nope I havent been killed by one.

Tatanko
12-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Not yet, but then again I don't think I've actually played a map that has it yet (I haven't played Wake, I know that for sure).

Barad
12-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Not yet, but then again I don't think I've actually played a map that has it yet (I haven't played Wake, I know that for sure).

Yeah Wake's the only one that has it, how the hell have you not played it yet!?

Tatanko
12-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Yeah Wake's the only one that has it, how the hell have you not played it yet!?
I only had a chance to play for about 2.5 hours last night between the update downloading and my work schedule (I work until late and also have to be up early during the week, doesn't allow much free time). Somehow in that 2.5 hours I only managed to play the other three maps, go figure. I did quit out and switch from conquest to rush at one point so that didn't help matters. Tonight I'll be searching for a server playing Wake Island first thing, that way I'm guaranteed to play it. Might even quit out when it's over and find another server playing it just so I get to play it a few times.

CGPsaint
12-14-2011, 11:55 PM
I will honestly quit playing for the night if I get killed by that damn thing! :p

JORDAN K 95
12-15-2011, 12:58 AM
ive been killed by it once. stood there watching as it killed me whilst memorising his gamertag so i can send him a message asking if he would let me kill him, because i let him kill me. sadly no reply :(

Mother Beef
12-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Twice :(
Both times it has ninjaed me from behind. They are stealthy little fuckers. I expect that amount to increase i just havent played Wake Island at all. Stuck on a loop of Conquest Assaults on all the other maps seemingly.

tripleb2k
12-15-2011, 01:30 AM
Someone tried to kill me but I got off a nice headshot. Guess they didn't realize there's no bulletproof glass to protect them.
To be fair, I haven't gotten a kill with it either. Tried 3 times but nothing.

Zombiedrd
12-15-2011, 01:36 AM
I've only been on wake once, and I never saw it.

CGPsaint
12-15-2011, 02:24 AM
So I finally got a chance to play Conquest on Wake (not a fan of the Assault version...) so I wandered over to the hangar in search of the Skid Loader. As I entered the hangar there was an enemy awkwardly trying to turn it around so I was kind enough to put a SMAW in his ass and then finish him off after he bailed. A couple of seconds with my handy torch later and I had a perfectly good Skid Loader to begin my hunt with. I headed towards the Airfield Capture point and fortunately there was a heated firefight going on so it didn't take much effort to drive over the first enemy I saw. *blink* Achievement Unlocked. 1st try was a charm.

Mabro
12-15-2011, 03:47 AM
Yeah.

We were both right out in the open about 25' apart. He gunned it, I put an RPG into the loader and got a disable. I relaxed a little since with every other land vehicle getting disabled means you're pretty much dead in the water. This is apparently not the case with the skid loader as it just kept coming at seemingly full speed. I tried to get out of the way, but at that point it was too late.

In the killcam, the guy gets out of the burning loader, stands there for a couple seconds apparently seeing the achievement pop, then starts jumping up and down. Kinda funny. I got the achievement myself later that same game, so it's all good.

TheMarkOfPower
12-15-2011, 06:25 AM
a tip for those wanting to get this achievement easily is to wait until the enemy has captured point b, then slowly swim over to it as they are making their way forward to point a, sneakily walk up the right side of the warehouse, get in the skid loader and as luck should have it i managed to drive straight though 3 unsuspecting fools, one with a stinger, one laying at mines and a sniper.they arent expecting anywone to have creeped in from the back of them as their teammates advance! quality!

demon00uk
12-15-2011, 06:55 AM
I haven't and the guy I killed sent me a message saying he was gutted lol

NeuroticAlias
12-15-2011, 07:27 AM
Not had a chance myself yet,but will bash it tomorrow night.Also need 4 melee kills to get that ribbon.had 3 so many times getting frustrated!

zibii
12-15-2011, 08:09 AM
Haven't been killed by one yet, but it's funny seeing the reactions when people realize there is one behind them. I thought about driving behind buildings since people run around to flank someone or just stand there healing. Drove up to C, saw a jeep and followed it. The two snipers were either kind enough to jump off and help me out or just didn't know what to do with themselves in the shock of seeing this orange vehicle of doom right behind them.

BBDrew84
12-15-2011, 04:29 PM
I have not got killed by one yet, but I have mananged to kill a few people using it. I got one kill by laying mines by the runway near B, and I sent a couple of rounds from a t-90 into another skid loader.

NeuroticAlias
12-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Got my first kill with the loader today-took some time but finally did it.Hung around until someone ran in front then just followed them and splat!! Laughed for ages!!!

BSH 1975
12-27-2011, 04:26 PM
I don't want to double post, so here is the link of my post earlier today:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4789181&postcount=49

LawlCake1214
12-28-2011, 12:52 AM
Nope. Don't plan to either since I'm really starting to enjoy rush on these maps. The normal maps for me suck on Rush but good on Conquest and vice versa for the BtK maps.

HighsounD
12-28-2011, 09:04 AM
No kills with it, 1 death from it. Was the first day of B2K, just like other people in this thread I thought a disable on it would prevent it from being able to keep coming but apparently not. Put 2 RPG's on it, first one disabled it and the other one killed the driver just as he drove me over. I actually think I got a bad luck death so at least he didn't get the achievement :woop:

Jimcp88
12-28-2011, 09:22 AM
I got caught by it off guard last night, I got so depressed by it I felt the urge to make a kill with it myself to make up for it haaha ;)

DeanBriggz
12-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Nah not yet, and hopefully it never happens :D

MediumMelanin
12-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Nope, I don't even play on Karkand maps. I only jumped in Wake Island on release date...then never again...

Thai J
12-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Kind of. I was high-tailing it from B to A in a Buggy and ran over some AT mines. The kill cam said the guy in the Skid Loader who wasn't even in the area killed me. I heard that this strategy worked and I guess I confirmed it because he sent me a message saying thanks for the achievement. We are on an achievement site and I've boosted my fair share of achievements but I think that is kind of a cheap way to get it. It took me 3 tries when I went for it, came up on an enemy shooting down range and ran him over from behind.

Opiate42
01-03-2012, 06:30 PM
I actually backed over a guy when I wasn't looking backing it out of B. Guy must have just run out from the hanger...very convenient timing for me.

I've been hit a couple times, once when not paying attention trying to take down a helicopter, and the second made me scratch my head though. Seems as though the "kill area" of the front is about 2x wider than the actual loader itself as I was positive I was far enough to the side as it drove past....but whammo, still got me.

mejimmeh45
01-04-2012, 02:07 AM
I've only been killed once by one only because the guy trying was 0-14 trying the entire match so i gave him a break and let him do what he had to do =)

NeuroticAlias
01-04-2012, 08:26 AM
No kills with it, 1 death from it. Was the first day of B2K, just like other people in this thread I thought a disable on it would prevent it from being able to keep coming but apparently not. Put 2 RPG's on it, first one disabled it and the other one killed the driver just as he drove me over. I actually think I got a bad luck death so at least he didn't get the achievement :woop:

How on earth do you get a kill with the MAV ? Let alone over 1200?
As per your sig.

systematic1
01-04-2012, 12:20 PM
I was killed by it within 1 second of my very first time playing on Wake Island. I spawned at B, and INSTANTLY was splattered by it. Instantly quit.

Started trying for it the other day, and actually got it the second time I got in it. First time I missed the guy and flew into water, second time I was running the airfield near B and actually got a double roadkill out of a squad of 3 that was waiting for jets. I was pretty shocked I got it so fast.

H0p3sfalL
01-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Yea some guy got me with it. But I got my revenge when I spawned back. He took a RPG to the face. I later took his tags 3 times in the same match. He might have got his achievement on me but I feel I made out better in the long run with his tags :).

BS411
01-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Some guy got a double kill with it on me and my friend. We were both trying to run away from it but it's actually a lot harder to dodge that thing then I thought it would be.

xdisturbedx666
01-04-2012, 09:02 PM
No I haven't yet but I think I would find it pretty funny if it did. The kill cam must be interesting especially if it has like 3 people on it too.

PrinceofDeath86
01-04-2012, 09:45 PM
I chased down a couple of guys earlier an got me a nice double kill. I was on foot an he drove right past me, so i decided to give chase with C4 in hand, he made a wrong turn i planted 3 bricks an ran for the hills lol.

Kaiyo
01-07-2012, 05:50 AM
Nope but I'm trying to kill someone with it though.

secretkaos187
01-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Yup, Was away from my controller getting a drink....

DarkMellie
01-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Everyone should fight their natural urges and allow themselves to be run over by it, it's the right thing to do!!

Lonz93
01-14-2012, 04:45 AM
Yes I have. I stopped playing after that though. I ran up to it but i did not see that someone was camping in the back. As soon as I got nearby it started moving towards me and I reacted late and It ran me over.

d00gler
01-17-2012, 01:09 AM
I haven't even seen anyone driving it around yet. I still need the achievement, so I've actually been looking forward to seeing someone driving it to know exactly what I'm looking for.

acmaster24
01-17-2012, 02:35 AM
Not yet...
It's on Wake Island 2014 right?

Poppygalaxy
01-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Not yet...
It's on Wake Island 2014 right?

It's only on Wake Island, yes. On a side note, is the map actually called 2014?

jordan40
01-26-2012, 09:06 PM
The first time i played on wake i saw some guy coming towards me with it (he was far i could have shoot him) but i thought what the f**k is he doing! I jus thought it was a joke dice put in the game! Then he roadkilled me! I thought damn he must think im an idiot! At the time didn't realise there was a cheevo for it! got my revenge on the skid when i played a second time on that map and drove straight at a guy on the runway and a meter away from him, someone spawned on him giving me a nice double kill and cheevo! =)

Direkin
01-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Nope. Killed lots of people trying though. Also been killed trying to kill with that thing.

gabwe
02-01-2012, 08:47 PM
It finally happened to me. I was in the center of an extremely heated battle between B and C, as a gunner in a tank, we were fighting an enemy tank which was right at flag B. There were a couple helis flying around too, infantry running, a Tunguska... well, a bloody mess. So, at a moment, our tank was badly damaged, I jumped out to repair it, and... instantly got run over by the skid loader from behind, where our forces were supposed to be. It was really the last thing I expected, lol. I stayed for a minute staring at the screen: where the f... did he come from??? :)

Aecas
02-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Blown up a few people trying to use it on me, but in a true moment of Epic Fail I did manage to run myself over with it.

Driving it around, crashed into some debris and got stuck. Hopped out, then it slid back off the debris and ran me over. Highlight of the game since we were getting thrashed ;)

XxINYOUREYE11xX
02-02-2012, 09:44 AM
The first time i played on wake i saw some guy coming towards me with it (he was far i could have shoot him) but i thought what the f**k is he doing! I jus thought it was a joke dice put in the game! Then he roadkilled me! I thought damn he must think im an idiot! At the time didn't realise there was a cheevo for it! got my revenge on the skid when i played a second time on that map and drove straight at a guy on the runway and a meter away from him, someone spawned on him giving me a nice double kill and cheevo! =)

LMFAO!!! You may very well be the person I ran over to get my cheevo. Thanks by the way.

Toaster Forster
02-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Not much of a conquest player so never bothered with Wake island, but last weekend thought i'd give it a go. About a minute in to playing i saw a skid loader coming at me so i blasted him with my RPG and it did fuck all so the gentleman that he was finished me off with a road kill.

So i thought i'll have a go with this beast of a machine and within 43 seconds (bf3 stats) i'd got 2 kills with it!!

Wish i could say the same thing about the jets, nearly 2 hours and no kills,i guess my thumbs are not made for flying.

purpleinsect
02-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Nope :D No one has killed me with it yet. Few have tried. I got my kill with it on the first time I stepped in it. Haven't wanted to drive with it after that :D

Turkeyshoot37
02-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Got run over by the skid loader this afternoon. Wasn't paying attention as I ran around B, thought (I have no idea why) it was a friendly jeep behind me. Nope. Most infuriating kill ever.

My only consolation was the guy on the other end was probably fist-pumping that he got the achievement.

Skillet
02-27-2012, 06:17 AM
Got run over by the skid loader this afternoon. Wasn't paying attention as I ran around B, thought (I have no idea why) it was a friendly jeep behind me. Nope. Most infuriating kill ever.

My only consolation was the guy on the other end was probably fist-pumping that he got the achievement.

You weren't playing as an Engineer by any chance, were you? :p

I got that achievement today, I got in the loader, drove forward a bit and started getting shot from behind, so I turned around and ran the guy over right where the loader spawns. He could have easily dodged it, running to the right, but he tried to shoot me out of it instead. Thought he looked a little confused.

Never been run over by the loader, myself. Though I don't play on Wake Island very often. Considering how slowly it moves, I like to think I'd have to be sending a message to somebody for me to get splattered by it. I try to have better situational awareness than that.

bapae
03-01-2012, 05:17 AM
ive never been killed with it but got a kill with it first time ever driving it.

BSH 1975
03-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Still nobody has ever killed me with a skidloader.....

But then again.......I play TDM :woop::p

gravelandx88
03-08-2012, 02:17 AM
No but I've been killed while driving it. Man its slooooooow! lol

rman0099
03-08-2012, 02:15 PM
No I haven't, but I did manage to get out of the way and throw C-4 on one as the guy attempting to run me over drove by. That was a fun kill :woop:

Though I have succeeded in getting the cheevo for running someone over.

skaghead
04-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Anyone comes near me in a skid loader and i freeze and let them get the kill and cheevo , not got it yet myself as team mates have stolen every single potential roadkill....yeah thanks for shooting that guy i was just about to run over....

DarkReign2021
04-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Get killed by it all the time. If I see somebody driving it I let them hit me in case they're going for the achievement. But I always have insurance in the form of C4. That way when I respawn and detonate it if i get a kill than I can assume he was milking it and hogging the forklift. This gives it a chance to respawn for somebody else to use it.

BBDrew84
04-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Anyone comes near me in a skid loader and i freeze and let them get the kill and cheevo , not got it yet myselfSeriously? You let people run you over? I am honestly impressed, I always shoot at them like I get shot at when driving it. If you are ever in a game of Wake Island with me I will let you run me over.

Get killed by it all the time. If I see somebody driving it I let them hit me in case they're going for the achievement. But I always have insurance in the form of C4. That way when I respawn and detonate it if i get a kill than I can assume he was milking it and hogging the forklift. This gives it a chance to respawn for somebody else to use it.

Again. I can not believe that people let themselves be run over by a skidloader. Too bad your C4 does not stay after you die now. Also why do you gotta hate on people who like the skidloader? My best kill streak in that thing is 4.

skaghead
04-21-2012, 07:52 PM
knowing the odds of getting into a Wake Island match , then grabbing a skid loader and then sizing up someone to run over , of course i'll give them the kill. 1 death will not change the match and i feel good knowing someone owes some of their cheevo score to me :)

ChaoticOrb
04-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Got flattened by one the other day, didn't even see the damn thing coming towards me as I was sniping from the beach and the driver just whizzed it down the slope and ran me down.

Been trying to get someone with it myself but failed so far. I always seem to be sat on the front shooting people whilst my squad mates pick up the cheevos once I've damaged them.

One day it will be mine.

LickableLemons7
04-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Nope (thank goodness)! But I have killed with a skid loader before. ;)

Kaiyo
05-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Not been killed by one but I've killed several people with it though.

Kunduz
05-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Nope but I did manage to kill 3 people riding on it :P