PDA

View Full Version : Deck Pack 2 DLC (added Deck Pack 3)

Shinobi273
12-15-2011, 02:06 AM
Well #2 is out now, anyone playing it? I bought it but have yet to tear myself from Skyrim to check it out.

shinobigarth
12-15-2011, 03:32 AM
didnt know there was a new one.

after looking at the list, cant say Dark Heavens excites me all that much, neither does the mono green really. think ill stick with the zombie deck :P

its delicious
12-19-2011, 01:19 AM
Now that I've unlocked all the Dark Heavens cards, I can say I'm not really impressed. The mana curve on the combos really kills it. But if you can get it to work, it can hold its own. Managed to beat Karn (once I got the right starting hand :) ) and three Jaces, but it's too slow vs a real person.

I have played a couple games with the mono-green Treefolk deck, and it's just silly green goodness. It's good enough now, and the unlocked cards should push it into the top tier.

Shinobi273
01-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Seeing how wildly popular this thread on deck pack 2 was, I think we should just talk deck pack 3 in here.

So knights and trinity of elements.

The knights deck is great. Lots of first strike, protection from black and red, and knight buffing creatures.

Trinity of elements on the other hand is coming up as the new Ral Zarek deck of creatures that have haste and die at the end of turn. Both decks in a 2-headed giant game would be interesting but I doubt it would replace or beat the mono-black decks.

CoachCO62
01-20-2012, 10:09 PM
I would buy the new deck packs I just cant justify the cost in my mind without achievements or at least new missions/campaign/archenemy stuff to do. I mean 240? It should be 80 MS points, Ill just wait until they go on sale.

its delicious
01-21-2012, 09:21 AM
This third set is easily the worst set. The Knights deck appears to be all Knights with a few support spells. It's effective enough, but nothing special. The blue-green-red deck is the slowest, clunkiest attempt at a haste-deck. Flat out, with the initial 60 cards, that deck doesn't work. There are no one-drops! It's a worse version of the blue-red deck, with too many cards in there to go fetch the cards you actually need. On top of that, the haste enchantment has twice sent the computer into a loop from which I had to restart the match as it just kept making a card-drawing noise at the beginning of its second main phase. I was also not impressed when I cast one of the creatures and it immediately sacrificed itself, instead at the end of the turn.

HojgaardJonas
02-04-2012, 10:58 AM
I highly disagree about the "Beknighted" deck. It is awesome! I went 20 for 20 while unlocking the cards on planeswalker difficulty. I would love to test it out against a human opponent though (either versus Jace or Liliana), since the AI seems to come up short every time. The indestructible ability to all knights combined with the doublestrike and the boots that grant hex-proof is a lethal combo. Add in the low mana cost of almost everything in this deck, and you have a fast and very destructive combo. I have yet to try out the Trinity of Elements, but if what is being said in this tread is true, I highly doubt I will be impressed. (I absolutely HATED Ral Zarek!).

Paradox Cruxs
02-21-2012, 07:22 AM
I feel the Trinity of Elements deck would do great if they would just put dual lands in this game!

Vigor
02-21-2012, 07:56 AM
I feel the Trinity of Elements deck would do great if they would just put dual lands in this game!

Yeah sure, same for AD, let's have fun online.

koosbane1985
03-10-2012, 05:21 PM
The Knights deck appears to be all Knights with a few support spells. It's effective enough, but nothing special.
At a glance you can't make assumptions.

I highly disagree about the "Beknighted" deck. It is awesome! I went 20 for 20 while unlocking the cards on planeswalker difficulty. I would love to test it out against a human opponent though (either versus Jace or Liliana), since the AI seems to come up short every time. The indestructible ability to all knights combined with the doublestrike and the boots that grant hex-proof is a lethal combo. Add in the low mana cost of almost everything in this deck, and you have a fast and very destructive combo.
Agreed, but I unlocked my cards against real people and was winning easily without any unlocks. I have only lost one game with this deck ever, maybe two. I don't remember specifics, but no more than two losses ever.

HojgaardJonas
03-14-2012, 10:11 AM
I lost once or twice to Karn (who is also extremely overpowered IMO) but other than that, I find this deck to be one of the best. You have to draw a very very bad hand, in order to lose with it.