PDA

View Full Version : Dance Hall Legend + Dcypher?

Mithris
12-16-2011, 02:49 AM
Just picked this game up a few days ago on sale for half price.

Do you need to 5 star the Dcypher marathon mix to unlock this? I five-starred everything on easy if not.

I guess that one song I got 4 stars on in medium needs to be 5 starred?

EDIT:
I played the song I 4*'ed on medium and got 4*'s again in perform it mode, but achievement popped.

UltimatesWaffle
12-16-2011, 03:24 AM
Glad you got it anyways, but here's for whoever might wonder afterwards:

D-Cypher is a "final boss" mix of some sorts in which you have to perform all challenge songs from each of the 5 crews back to back.

In order to move on to the next song, you need to get at least 4 stars on the song. No, 5 is not necessary, which makes it the easiest of the crews to master (The other 5 requiring 5 stars on each of the songs in order to get the achievement for mastering their routines)

Don't worry, if you fail to get 4 stars on a song in the mix, it will make you restart that song and not the whole mix, so just keep trying.

Also, as a side note, difficulties are stackable, so if you want to jump from easy to hard (for example), it will give you medium as well once you master all songs on hard per crew.

Necrophage33
12-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Glad you got it anyways, but here's for whoever might wonder afterwards:

D-Cypher is a "final boss" mix of some sorts in which you have to perform all challenge songs from each of the 5 crews back to back.

In order to move on to the next song, you need to get at least 4 stars on the song. No, 5 is not necessary, which makes it the easiest of the crews to master (The other 5 requiring 5 stars on each of the songs in order to get the achievement for mastering their routines)

Don't worry, if you fail to get 4 stars on a song in the mix, it will make you restart that song and not the whole mix, so just keep trying.

Also, as a side note, difficulties are stackable, so if you want to jump from easy to hard (for example), it will give you medium as well once you master all songs on hard per crew.

I think you're confusing the question a bit. He's trying to unlock the achievement for 5-starring every song in the game on hard, and asked how that translated to the D-Cypher songs at the end of the crew challenge mode.

True, you only need to get 4 stars to "master" their routine and unlock those related achievements, but to unlock Dance Hall Legend you have to earn 5 stars on every song on ANY difficulty. So if you are relying on mastering each routine in Crew Challenge to count toward your 5 stars on every song, then yes, you will need to earn 5 stars on all of the D-Cypher songs.

However, you can get away with only getting 4 stars on them, and then go back to Perform It to 5-star them on any difficulty.

UltimatesWaffle
12-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Oh I see, sorry. Thanx for correcting that =S

CreepyUncleMike
12-18-2011, 02:09 AM
Sounds like he's asking if you need to get 5 stars throughout the entire D-Cypher gauntlet. First off, the achievement is just getting 5 stars on each song. Difficulty is not mentioned. Of course, by the time you get to D-Cypher, you've already played all the songs. If you've 5-starred everything to this point, the achievement should unlock. I have no idea if 5-starring a song for the first time during the marathon counts.

I'm sort of glad this topic came up though. Somewhat recently, I got the last achievement for mastering a dance crew's songs on easy and after reading this, it dawned on me I never saw this one unlock. I had to check back through all the songs to see if I had missed something. Apparently, I hadn't 5 starred Born This Way, the Glitterati's final challenge. After getting 4 stars on it, the D-Cypher gauntlet launched and I had forgotten to go back. Five starred it today and the achievement unlocked. And I assure you, I didn't five star every song during the gauntlet.