PDA

View Full Version : Self Righteous People Online

Sergeant Kozi
08-08-2007, 01:42 AM
Why the hell is everyone so god damn self righteous in this game online. It's clear to everyone that the General achievement is damn near impossible to attain. out of the couple hundred thousand people that play this game, less than a thousand have the general achievement. I understand that people actually want to earn their achievements. and I'm sure i sound kind of like a dick right now, i just kind of hope the people in these forums understand since boosting and helping each other out is what this site is about. No one ever wants to do points matches (where you dont kill anyone and just do the flag glitch, which involves letting the enemy pick up the flag and returning in over and over, the points rack up FAST) and it sucks. The only problem i really have is when the majority of the people in the room want to do a points match, instead of just finding a serious game to play, the people against it will ruin it for everyone else. is anyone else with me on this?

Brighton X
08-08-2007, 02:32 AM
Why the hell is everyone so god damn self righteous in this game online. It's clear to everyone that the General achievement is damn near impossible to attain. out of the couple hundred thousand people that play this game, less than a thousand have the general achievement. I understand that people actually want to earn their achievements. and I'm sure i sound kind of like a dick right now, i just kind of hope the people in these forums understand since boosting and helping each other out is what this site is about. No one ever wants to do points matches (where you dont kill anyone and just do the flag glitch, which involves letting the enemy pick up the flag and returning in over and over, the points rack up FAST) and it sucks. The only problem i really have is when the majority of the people in the room want to do a points match, instead of just finding a serious game to play, the people against it will ruin it for everyone else. is anyone else with me on this?

Well, this has been talked about, use the Search. Really, what do you get from posting this? Anyway, this game is almost impossible to get a boost group, just ask Darth Odan, J Lo x360a, Zef, Rocket, & about 10 other people that were in the x360a group.

EDIT: My locked thread senses are tingling.

Sergeant Kozi
08-08-2007, 02:48 AM
I know about the failed attempts at boosting groups, I'm one of the extras in the next boosting attempt on the 19th and post in that thread. And i know there are threads about online boosting, but i never read anything about other people who complained, not about the difficulty in finding each other online, but in other players reactions to boosting when all they have to do is find a serious match and not ruin it for everyone else. I'm sorry if this is all pointless, but i got into a massive argument in a room with 14 people basically split down the middle (like 6 for boosting and 8 against) and they really pissed me off, and i was just wondering if anyone felt the same way that i did about the subject matter. sorry again.

/edit

I did do a search, and similar threads have been made, so you're right, i probably could have voiced my opinion in those, but it still wasn't the same thing. But on the other hand it isn't really fair to give me a hard time about this, because anyone who cares to look will see that there are a SHIT LOAD (pardon the language) of threads all about this game on veteran. I think 3 or 4 on the first page alone. And barely any of those threads have been locked, so to do so to my thread of (omg, two posts!) i feel, would be rather unfair.

...but maybe thats just me.

Fenrir767
08-11-2007, 05:05 PM
this is why I don't pay it online

Zef
08-11-2007, 08:02 PM
I don't think that the 'self righteous' people are entirely to blame, putting achievements in ranked matches is asking for trouble. Most of the time it is to get people to play ranked matches so there are enough players to have more matches going at one time. But if people wanted to play ranked games they would, so forcing people who don't want to isn't helping the online experience.

Take Gears of War, lots of people complain when there are folks organising achievement matches but if the achievements could be done in player matches then both sides win. Rainbow Six had a decent (ish) online system, the experience you gain can be boosted for in player matches so those who want to get to Elite can do so in their own private game. This isn't going to piss off anyone who just wants to play to get onto the leaderboards, so both sides win. Although the game does have those other achievements for ranked games, but they aren't that hard and you can just get them by playing.

It's an old issue, but it won't go away =(

cravenmoorhead5
08-11-2007, 11:40 PM
I have to agree I love playing this game online it if probably my favorite online game on the market for 360 right now, but I like to try to boost every once in a while to get the points to move up smoother. Everytime u try and do it u run into people who ruin it or many people who dont have mics that dont understand. Its really a downer about the people without mics im very competitive and love winning the match even more than racking up the points and its very hard without team communication.

Skolviking
08-24-2007, 01:02 AM
I have to agree I love playing this game online it if probably my favorite online game on the market for 360 right now, but I like to try to boost every once in a while to get the points to move up smoother. Everytime u try and do it u run into people who ruin it or many people who dont have mics that dont understand. Its really a downer about the people without mics im very competitive and love winning the match even more than racking up the points and its very hard without team communication.
Same here Minnesoootan.:)

Stagga
09-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I do agree with you sort of i've had 1 ctf points match in my time of playing CoD3 and gathered over 100 points, afterwards i felt really down cos im one for getting things Legitimatelyso from then on i didnt have an other points match but i was involved in some which i didnt know cos i was on private chat so i just went on with tyhe game normally and then i kept seeing people take out their pistols and letting the enemy run past them so then i thought ah points match so i just quit but some people just mow down everyone in their path if people know its a points match quit

Tom19
09-12-2007, 02:15 PM
To get the general achievement you need to do ranked matches right? Well you are put into a room with people you dont know so boosting cant be done. I have played so many online matches, all ranked and no one has ever wanted to boost.

Sergeant Kozi
09-19-2007, 06:18 AM
To get the general achievement you need to do ranked matches right? Well you are put into a room with people you dont know so boosting cant be done. I have played so many online matches, all ranked and no one has ever wanted to boost.

Boosting can still be done, its just much more difficult. Thats what i was saying about people wanting to boost. Even when 9 out of 10 people want to boost in a party, almost every time that tenth person goes and ruins it for everyone. It truly sucks.

Mr Hey
09-21-2007, 02:20 AM
Play player matches, I occasionally play online, 100% for fun and nothing else. I wouldnt be surprised that my dad would have the general achievement, but he only plays player matches.