Look out for the little guys Question???

I would challenge the assertion that it does. I just did this minutes ago with 2 controllers. I was just using one and letting the my main profile hang back, I literally did nothing with my profile I wanted the achievement on. Anyway when I was on my way to go after the 3rd station, I get to the end with the 2 wraith tanks, 2 hunters, bunch of bad guys etc.....and somehow I ended up destroying the two banshees and I had no way to finish the level, after searching everywhere I finally decided I had no choice but to use the revert to last save from the pause menu. It worked, the banshees were back and I finished the level and got both achievements.

Edited by Kaz928
Added a bit.

Does it matter if the grunt dies from no fault of your own? Say from fall damage?

I'm not sure, but the achievement DOES specify that YOU should not kill any grunts, which I take to mean that if one of them decides to do a derp and fall off one of the bridges, for example, it won't be counted as your kill and thereby shouldn't affect you later on if you don't kill any grunts.

I know this has already been said, but I just want to confirm to anyone who still has doubts;

If you accidentally kill a grunt (I did it in co-op with a friend who was helping me out, I was using a banshee and stupidly shot my fuel rod which I though was boost (too used to Reach)) then no matter if you revert or not, the game still believes that you killed a grunt and thereby the achievement should be void (I didn't get it that time, from experience)

• 3 weeks later...

Reloading last checkpoint might void the achievement, but using the Save & Quit feature (while playing solo) certainly doesn't. I did half of the mission, saved, then came back to do the other half later that day. I didn't think I would get the achievement, but I decided not to kill grunts just in case. To my surprise, I got the achievement at the end of the level.

Same for the Library without dying - did half the mission, then came back to do the rest.

Edited by acoustic can

Save and quit will work.... Just play till you get to a part with grunts. Save and quit. Come back and try to get around them ( mostly if you knock out the elites or others, the Flood will knock off the grunts.

If you have bandana just get the sniper fromthe start and pick off others from a distance, then outrunthe grunts.

But as above.. If ANY grunt dies by anthing you do (grenade, shoot, blow up a wraith, shoot down a banshee...etc) you're done...

Best to load 2 controllers and let the off profile run the level. Do it on the right difficulty (legendary) to get the "grunt" and the "no changing weapons" chieve at the same time.

First time doing this, speed run on solo, killed one grunt early on and reverted to last save and continued. Once completed i got nothing. I then tried to do it over xbl and killed no grunts. I also got nothing. Slight annoyed. Then i do it once more solo speed-run, absolutely no grunt kills and NOTHING! This achievement needs to be sorted the F**K OUT!

First time doing this, speed run on solo, killed one grunt early on and reverted to last save and continued. Once completed i got nothing. I then tried to do it over xbl and killed no grunts. I also got nothing. Slight annoyed. Then i do it once more solo speed-run, absolutely no grunt kills and NOTHING! This achievement needs to be sorted the F**K OUT!

Don't even fire at any turrets/vehicles as one could die from an explosion etc.

It's tricky... I would suggest using two controllers and having P1 stay back. Storm through the level on a 2nd controller. I had a wonky time getting it (played through level three times in fact), worked on third time but this is also an alternate solution.

Tried this on solo being extremely careful and taking a lot of time, probably ended up killing one grunt by accident because I didn't get it. Save yourself the time, either do it on co-op twice (or once with someone who doesn't care for the achievement, for that matter), or simply use a second controller. In that case, use ONLY the other profile to shoot at things, blowing yourself up when necessary in order to catch up (no fun dying with Player 2 and respawning way backin the level), avoiding any risk whatsoever. If you know the level it can be done quickly and easily enough.

ok so going to go through it again with second controller still not killing grunts, but since i am not playin at all with player one, i HAVE to get it or else its broken.

I did it with 2 controllers. I never fired a gun with the profile iwanted the achievement on, didn't get it. It may be a bit buggy.