PDA

View Full Version : 99 cents for a new calibration card?

iiPaDFooT
12-19-2011, 09:27 PM
plus probably shipping and having to wait 5 days just to use my kinect... really. i never really used my kinect cause i had it in a room that was way too small, so i ended up trading in my Kinect Adventures to gamestop, not even realizing there was a such thing as a "calibration card". i got a kinect zoom that i waited 4 days for from amazon and wanted to finally try out my kinect, and now i find out i need a card, which was most likely in the game i traded in. anyone know of any other way to calibrate the kinect?

LovelySpudley
12-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Couldn't you just print out a version of the card? It's just a weird face, and all the kinect cares about are the eyes.

Here's what it looks like: http://www.coversdaddy.com/gamecovers/kinect-calibration-card-game-cover-13007.jpg

iiPaDFooT
12-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Couldn't you just print out a version of the card? It's just a weird face, and all the kinect cares about are the eyes.

Here's what it looks like: http://www.coversdaddy.com/gamecovers/kinect-calibration-card-game-cover-13007.jpg

problem is i don't have a printer. i'll send that over to staples and get it printed out for me. hopefully it works.

jedijaxpavan
12-20-2011, 02:32 AM
Or go to Gamestop and get one.

I've never even used one. What does it do?

adamrulz
12-20-2011, 06:57 PM
I never used it myself....hell I probably have 6 of them if you want one.

Annihil88torr
12-20-2011, 09:47 PM
You know what angers me most kinect games, don't come with one, only Kinect Joy Ride, and the games that come with the kinect bundle. Every game should come with one because if you happen to lose one, you'll have 3 or 4 backup cards.

iiPaDFooT
12-20-2011, 10:32 PM
I went to GameStop to try to get one. they don't sell them separately but I'm pretty cool with the guy who works there. he let me look through the kinect adventures display cases and take one that I found. looks like I got lucky.

Worhammer
12-26-2011, 05:11 PM
You know what angers me most kinect games, don't come with one, only Kinect Joy Ride, and the games that come with the kinect bundle. Every game should come with one because if you happen to lose one, you'll have 3 or 4 backup cards.
You can usually find Kinect Adventures at gamestop for $1. I found one in there and asked if I could have it (my bastard dog ate mine....fell off my desk when I was away and it was in shreds when I got home ;_; ) and he said "Sure, take it!"

haha

Worst case scenario, you have to pay $1 to get it.

Bleeding Star
12-26-2011, 09:36 PM
What is this used for? I set up my Kinect a week or so ago on my new Xbox and I didn't need any card