PDA

View Full Version : Got killed by a SILENCED MK3A1. WTF?

Dirty130
12-19-2011, 11:35 PM
As the title suggests.. Last night playing with a Buddy, I trade bullets with th enemy and we both die. It says on my screen killed by a MK3A1 but with a silencer! :eek:

I tell my Buddy to pick up that freakin' weapon and tell me if it really does have a silencer and he says it does! I spawn, look at it and watch him f%ck some enemy infantry up with it (off my T-ugs Beacon). :drunk

I looked at the profile of the player that dropped it and it didn't look like he was any form of DICE employee. SO WHERE DID THE SILENCER COME FROM? :confused:

I just wish I could suppress my shotguns.. :uzi:

Xerofox
12-20-2011, 12:23 AM
It unlocks if you complete the assignment called "scarred veteran". And yes, it's a beast.

HighsounD
12-20-2011, 06:12 AM
It unlocks if you complete the assignment called "scarred veteran". And yes, it's a beast.

You unlock the Shotgun itself from that assignment, yes. I hardly think you unlock it with a silencer though. I must play some games with it now and check this out.

Dirty130
12-20-2011, 10:17 AM
@Xerofox- Did you read anything I wrote?

Any word on the silencer?

oozero
12-20-2011, 04:16 PM
You unlock the Shotgun itself from that assignment, yes. I hardly think you unlock it with a silencer though. I must play some games with it now and check this out.

uumm i dont know actually just went on battlelog and looked up the mk3a1 and there is no silencer you can unlock for the gun.. beats the hell out of me

FarmerJay
12-20-2011, 06:34 PM
it comes with it as default. i just unlocked the gun and when i go into my loadout to customize it, the silencer is there.

Opiate42
12-20-2011, 07:14 PM
I think Xerofox did read what you wrote and answered clearly. The suppressor comes already included with the gun, odd but that's how it is. I have the gun and it had the suppressor attached before I even got my first kill.

Yes, Beast is a good word for it. As more people complete the assignment get ready for some massive shotgun spamming, it doesn't have range but anyone within range won't be standing for long.

Barad
12-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Damn just noticed this too, not sure how a silencer will help a shotgun but beasty indeed, still don't like it -_-

InsaneKane87
12-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Suppressor people, you can still hear someone shooting with a suppressed gun you just don't see them on the map.

The shotgun is awesome btw, took me a few minutes to get use to it and certainly kicks ass. I was surprised to see it come with a suppressor. When I unlocked my first BTK weapon it had the Ballistic 12 scope attached to it. A little weird if you ask me lol.

PrinceofDeath86
12-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Suppressor people, you can still hear someone shooting with a suppressed gun you just don't see them on the map.

The shotgun is awesome btw, took me a few minutes to get use to it and certainly kicks ass. I was surprised to see it come with a suppressor. When I unlocked my first BTK weapon it had the Ballistic 12 scope attached to it. A little weird if you ask me lol.
I's can be LEET SNIPER/BUSH WOOKIE with my LMG now lol

CGPsaint
12-21-2011, 04:09 PM

That was quite a surprise for me too. I only use Holo/Red Dot sights, so it took me a minute to get used to a 12X scope, especially in close combat with an LMG.

Opiate42
12-21-2011, 07:57 PM
That was quite a surprise for me too. I only use Holo/Red Dot sights, so it took me a minute to get used to a 12X scope, especially in close combat with an LMG.

That made me laugh too, first time jumping in with a new gun and you ADS...oh wait....

PrinceofDeath86
12-21-2011, 10:00 PM
The suppressor will help reduce the bullet spread and keep a more tight group, kind of like having an automatic 870 minus the range.