PDA

View Full Version : No mention of Reach?

DR Dopenhagen
12-21-2011, 03:05 AM
I noticed that Halo Reach isn't mentioned on the Anniversary box art at all. Did anybody else find this strange? I didn't even know that it was a map pack until I opened the case, I simply thought the game had a new version of the Halo 1 Multiplayer. It's good that I already have Reach or else I would've been pretty annoyed, that it doesn't say "Anniversary Map Pack for Halo Reach(sold seperately)" anywhere on the case :confused:

Kraderic
12-21-2011, 03:18 AM
I noticed that Halo Reach isn't mentioned on the Anniversary box art at all. Did anybody else find this strange? I didn't even know that it was a map pack until I opened the case, I simply thought the game had a new version of the Halo 1 Multiplayer. It's good that I already have Reach or else I would've been pretty annoyed, that it doesn't say "Anniversary Map Pack for Halo Reach(sold seperately)" anywhere on the case :confused:

Why would you have been annoyed? I mean, I can understand if you bought the game primarily for the Achievements and/or Mappack, but if you didn't, and happened to see that there was a Mappack for Halo: Reach, I don't see a reason to be annoyed; you got what you expected-- the DLC should be icing on the cake.

Also, it's hard to understand why someone wouldn't expect there to be an Anniversary Map Pack shipping with Halo CE: Anniversary.. it's only been talked about since the game entered development. :confused: And furthermore, you don't need Halo: Reach to play the Anniversary maps, so your annoyance shouldn't exist in the first place-- but that would mean this entire thread was created from a moot and useless point. Amusing paradox, I might say.

DR Dopenhagen
12-21-2011, 03:37 AM
Well what I was trying to say was I didn't realise it was a map pack. I just checked, I can't believe I didn't notice that it was playable on the disc I must be losing my mind. Apologies :(

DiamondVogel
12-21-2011, 03:37 AM
it may not be mentioned but it is shown in one of the terminals that is hidden

Spartanwarninja
12-21-2011, 03:40 AM
I agree with the OP. I found it strange as well. I figure it was a simple marketing ploy to sway uninformed users into getting the "complete remastered edition" without knowing that it really isn't.

SuperSkyline89
12-21-2011, 04:24 PM
I agree with the OP. I found it strange as well. I figure it was a simple marketing ploy to sway uninformed users into getting the "complete remastered edition" without knowing that it really isn't.

They made it very clear right from the start that there would be no remake of the multiplayer and that the maps were based on the Reach engine. If you didn't know that it isn't their fault.

superstarpro25
12-21-2011, 04:51 PM
I've got all the achievements for this game ages ago with a friend, if your stuck with something send me a msg to my gamertag :)

Unalive3
12-22-2011, 05:12 AM
They made it very clear right from the start that there would be no remake of the multiplayer and that the maps were based on the Reach engine. If you didn't know that it isn't their fault.

The start of development, sure. The majority of the gaming population don't read into developer blogs and some don't even read gaming articles. I'm sure everyone should also know 343 is handling the halo games now, so when they buy Reach and it says Bungie on the case we should just assume differently.
It's no one's fault except 343. They could of at least put on the back that it was utilizing Reach's engine and it was a DLC code. Instead they said "100% faithful gameplay" and "six classic maps reimagined." I for one, spend a decent amount of time reading about games on sites like this and I never learned it was a DLC code until I bought the game used. Oops for me I suppose. But that does not give anyone the right to bash the topic creator and call this topic useless. DLC Reach maps similar to Combat Evolved is what it should say. I for one will not spend $15 on a Reach mappack.

bLaKgRaVy
12-22-2011, 09:41 PM
It's only a DLC code if you want to actually download the maps and play with your Reach disc. The maps are on the Anniversary disc and are playable via that disc without downloading them. Duh.

This topic *is* useless. Is every developer supposed to put every single piece of information on the back cover so the "un-informed" can just pick it up in a store and know everything by reading it? In the age of the internet, all someone has to do if they are considering buying a game is do a quick search. Instead of posting and wasting time, the OP should have just utilized Google and found out the information for himself without wasting other forum members time. That's all it would have took and everything would have been explained.

And it's obvious the OP has been coming to this site for a year and a half based on his Join Date, and x360a has posted tons of articles on Anniversary. All someone has to do is read...