PDA

View Full Version : Lets try to get this re-listed

ooolllyyy
12-22-2011, 07:21 PM
As I'm sure you all know, this game was delisted from the Xbox Live Marketplace in 2010 for licensing reasons.
Since Id Software was acquired by ZeniMax Media in June 2009, who are the parent company of Bethesda Softworks and since Bethesda have published Doom II on XBLA, I think Bethesda are probably the people to talk to about this.

When Doom was delisted from the marketplace Tracey Thompson, Director of PR at Bethesda Softworks, said that the game "should be back up soon from Bethesda."

Well its the end of 2011 now and the game is still not on the marketplace, so I've decided to try to contact Bethesda and ask them why and if there is any chance of it ever being re-listed.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone who happens to see this would take the time out to write Bethesda a letter, give them a call, or send them an email about this game and asking them to re-list it on the marketplace.
Even better if you can convince anyone else to do the same.

Contact info for Bethesda can be found on this page: http://www.bethsoft.com/eng/contact.html

PacmanPlush
01-03-2012, 09:58 PM
People have asked the community managers on Bethesda's forums about it... said they'd look into it, but nothing ever came of it. I assume you didn't get a reply? I didn't when I e-mailed. If they do intend to bring it back, I imagine it'll be done when Doom 4 is released.

Don't know if this means anything, but I noticed Doom's cover art on xbox.com has been updated with the new orange Arcade banner, though the game still doesn't have a page of its own. Seems pretty odd, might imply that Bethesda's getting ready to bring it back. Who knows, though--Band of Bugs, another old XBLA game, has also been updated with the orange banner. Might be a few others, too.

The Stray
01-18-2012, 03:49 AM
Well, hold on to your controllers yet again, because Doom will come back on 1/18, same price/game (400MSP), so enjoy it again for those who missed it.

dylan0228
01-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Now what has to be done to re-release the other delisted games? Lets get that done as well!

Death Metal Jim
01-19-2012, 08:15 PM
As soon as I saw it back on the marketplace I bought it. Not waiting on it this time just in case they decide to pull it again.

The Dukenator
01-21-2012, 07:35 AM
As soon as I saw it back on the marketplace I bought it. Not waiting on it this time just in case they decide to pull it again.
They won't. Read the headline about its return. Different license.

DigitALxBullets
02-11-2012, 03:27 AM
I am so fraking glad to see this game re-listed that I just Baught it...
I wanted to get this game last year as I had the demo but not the msp to get it at the time and when I got my msp it was gone. I was :mad:&:confused: as to why when doom2 was out... so on til the cows come home, bla bla bla.

ANYWAY GREAT WORK ON GETTING THIS GAME RE-LISTED I'VE JUST DOWNLOADED IT AND I'M GONNA GO PLAY IT AND WHEN I'M DONE THEN I'LL GET DOOM2.

IEO500
09-14-2013, 05:29 PM
It is back up and running.

DigitALxBullets
09-17-2013, 09:53 AM
It is back up and running.

It has been for almost a year now... What cave have you been in. LOL