PDA

View Full Version : A tad late, but 300k is here

Creech
12-23-2011, 04:21 AM
I hit 300,000 on the nose on Dec 1st, almost 2 years to the day after I hit 200k on the nose. I had thought about aiming for 30,000 strategy gamerscore as well, but I was playing Operation Darkness and it just sucked the motivation out of me. Horrible game.

I played a LOT of good games in the last 100,000 points, and a few crappy ones.

By far the best was R.U.S.E., a truly well done strategy game. Long, hard, seriously intense game. SEQUEL, PLEASE!!!!! The campaign was stellar with challenging missions and multiple ways to beat each of them. The co-op campaigns took 2 or 3 quality players to beat, and working well together was a requirement. I wouldn't mind if the MP didn't have achievements, of course, but at least it wasn't impossible to boost.

Ninja Gaiden II was a clear number two, especially since it was a game I never planned on playing. I got a complimentary copy when it was released, and also got a five foot tall cutout of Ryu that I have in my gameroom. Andrew wrote the guide for the game, and has been working on it for a couple of years now, and I figured I could get 800 points out of it, experience the game, have some fun, and then move on. I did indeed get 800 points, after some serious hand holding from Andrew on a couple of the bosses. I moved on to other games, and then on a whim about 4 months later while Andrew was working on the game again I thought I would try the next level up in NGII...and I didn't completely suck. I almost threw my controller through the tv when fighting Dagra Dai (the penultimate boss) but I beat it...and then beat the game again on Way of the Master Ninja. After some discussion with Andrew I purchased the DLC aiming to get at least 150 points out of it. I had another couple of moments where I was tempted to break something, but then one day I got in the zone and got the perfect orbs generating and I didn't mess up the combos...I think I cleared the last 5 survival missions on gold in about 3 hours. I also would like to point out that Andrew still has two missions to go, and I seem to always bring that up when we are boosting. Because he clearly sucks at the game, right? Of course I am right. Silly question.

On the other hand, he is a good sport and agreed to play the MP in Far Cry 2 with me - which we are still working on - and we counted when he hit 100k last week to discover that we have played 32 multi-player games together. Crazy good guy to have on your friend's list, PLUS he drinks bourbon and scotch, so he is a winner on all fronts.

Bomberman Act Zero gets lots of flak for being a horrible game, but I really enjoy playing it. I am only at 900 points in it, but I do plan to to get 1000 in it. Frankly, 600 or so points are very easy and it is a fun game. Unreasonably long loading screens, but that is my only complaint.

I played Gears of War 2 and 3 (still working on 3, of course), Halo Reach, Modern Warfare 3, Splinter Cell Conviction, Fable III, Dawn of War II, various Madden and NCAA football games, Assassin's Creech Brotherhood and Revelations, etc...lots of solid AAA titles. I was at 90 arcade completions and 206 retail completions when I hit 300k (and I am up a couple since then).

For arcade games, I finished up Castle Crashers, Worms and Worms 2, N+, some Kinect Labs games, quite a few WP7 games, etc. I also finished up Marble Blast Ultra, but the achievement glitched on me and didn't pop...that was pretty frustrating. I tried two more times, once online and once offline, and it still didn't, and I think I am done with that one.

Lots of people helped along the way, including Avelena, dtolley, DJ Colour Mafia, CoolKidJoe, StophJ, UndeadfireZero, chadilacchavez, DeekBoy, feared aussie, jackanape, MechaHertz, Phrozan, Scurvy Curr, and ROCA1202. I am sure I missed some folks, and for that I apologize.

Aer Keldar!

Andrew x360a
12-23-2011, 05:17 AM
You better hide your bourbon come PAX. That's all I'm saying. This threat is rescinded of course, if I havn't finished NG2 by then.

patches4711
12-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Congratulations Creech!! I remember playing Ninja Gaiden around the same time I got beat up and frustrated with it so I moved on. I am glad you finished it up. You have some very impressive completions on your card. Best of luck with future gaming goals :drunk

WH Gercain
01-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Congradulations!:woop:

Capn Doug
01-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Can't believe I missed you hitting this milestone. Congratulations. I don't know how you find time to get that much gamerscore while you are burning through those Strategy games of yours.

ChickinOnaChain
01-10-2012, 11:40 PM
WOW! Just wow!!! That's awesome. I'd be happy with 75k but 300k...so cool.