PDA

View Full Version : DPV kill strategy?

Hent High
12-23-2011, 02:38 PM
How do you guys get 10 kills with this thing? So far I only have 2, and I despise this vehicle...

It offers such little bullet protection while the turret swivel is useless, so what do you guys do?

mark197205
12-23-2011, 02:41 PM
How do you guys get 10 kills with this thing? So far I only have 2, and I despise this vehicle...

It offers such little bullet protection while the turret swivel is useless, so what do you guys do?

Two words:- Road kill.

Barad
12-23-2011, 03:12 PM
I parked myself in front of one of the flags on gulf of oman conquest and BAM 5 kills in 5 minutes with the turret.

Grey Delta
12-23-2011, 05:06 PM

Yep, road kills on Wake Island CQ. Keep spawning at either A or C, grab the DPV and drive laps of the island looking for guys to road kill.

PrinceofDeath86
12-23-2011, 10:06 PM
I parked myself in front of one of the flags on gulf of oman conquest and BAM 5 kills in 5 minutes with the turret.
While this sounds like a great idea its really a dumb idea, your just a sitting target for the random Engineer to snipe you with his RPG outside your field of view.

Barad
12-24-2011, 03:37 AM
While this sounds like a great idea its really a dumb idea, your just a sitting target for the random Engineer to snipe you with his RPG outside your field of view.

True but I only posted this as I personally didn't get killed atall, may have been luck or so but its worth a try.

alpha17
12-26-2011, 05:20 AM
I was so happy when I got this last night after running over my fourth person and killing the fifth with the crappy mounted gun the gun unlocked. Honestly the DPV gives you no cover and the gun is garbage.

amacteur
12-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Or you can plant some mines, then go back to the DPV, have a coffee, wait a few minutes and there you go ;)

BSH 1975
12-26-2011, 06:45 PM
True but I only posted this as I personally didn't get killed atall, may have been luck or so but its worth a try.

true.....

sometimes you just have to do the unexpected and you'll be fine :)

Or you can plant some mines, then go back to the DPV, have a coffee, wait a few minutes and there you go ;)

Well, those mines don't kill that much no more. :mad:

ChosenOne
12-27-2011, 04:32 AM
Still haven't managed to get a single kill in it. When I see enemies in it, it seems like they are invincible, but when I get into it, I take minor bullet damage and the things is on fire.

12-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Park it by some cover near an objective.. You'll likely get shot out eventually, but I haven't had any problems getting kills with it. I also only play hardcore, where it only takes a quick burst to take someone down.

Jimcp88
12-27-2011, 05:51 PM

You only need 5 not 10 so that will safe you some effort. And I did what some people already mentioned, sneak up behind some1 and drive over his ass over ;)

Barad
12-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Found a REALLY good spot to park it for some easy kills if your not too against the idea and have some patience.

You want to do this in conquest not conquest assault as this flag isn't so popular there, well directly in front of flag C is an open building, well back up in there!

Theres no rear entrance and you cannot be seen atall from outside therefore no one will mark you making you basically invisible, enemy tanks/BTR's will ride right pass you so your safe.

So when enemies come along to try and cap the flag, most of the time they will go in the building and camp on the floor somehwere and maybe go on the roof, thing is it's all glass so you can shoot right through and kill them.

I got 4 kills in about 2 minutes doing this one time so I thought it's worth sharing, let me know if it works for anyone.

El Bucz
12-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Wake Island, Conquest, B spawn, right next to the flag, opposite the skid loader. Jumped into it, got it a little bit back and to the left so I can see the flag and all the exits - got 3 kills there. One minus - you have nothing behind you and a lot of people runs there, so you have to be careful OR take the Recon and lay down the T-UGS to see the enemies.

Another good place is the Gulf of Oman, Conquest Assault. The side that has to take over all the points - get into the DPV and quickly go to A flag - it is highly possible that there will be randomly scattered enemies there in the middle of the road, between buildings - today I just got there and got tripple road kill in like two seconds, switched to the Machine Gun and got 2 more kills.

Hope this helps some of you.

Opiate42
01-03-2012, 07:47 PM

This.

I think I only got one kill with the turret. Between Gulf of Oman and Wake Island it shouldn't take long just running guys down. The beach in Oman especially, if they're out trying there to repair a vehicle or just running between objectives.

You'd be surprised how many guys are running around not paying attention and at least the DPV is faster than the skidloader.

BSH 1975
01-08-2012, 09:07 AM
This.

I think I only got one kill with the turret. Between Gulf of Oman and Wake Island it shouldn't take long just running guys down. The beach in Oman especially, if they're out trying there to repair a vehicle or just running between objectives.

You'd be surprised how many guys are running around not paying attention and at least the DPV is faster than the skidloader.

Last night I finally got my 5 DPV kills... I already had 1, so I got 2 roadkills and 2 kills with the main MG.

Now I only need 4 BTR-90 IFV kills an 2 minutes each on Golf and Sharqi

ChickenMcBastrd
01-10-2012, 07:00 PM
How do you guys get 10 kills with this thing?

Step 1.) Climb into DPV.
Step 2.) Press the accelerator until velocity is achieved.
Step 3.) Locate an enemy.
Step 4.) Orient the nose of the vehicle in the direct of the enemy.
Step 5.) Repeat step 2.

blee717
01-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Whenever I come up behind someone, I just switch to the gunner seat and shoot them. If I come up the front, I run them over.

Tatanko
01-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Whenever I come up behind someone, I just switch to the gunner seat and shoot them. If I come up the front, I run them over.
This is how I did it. My 5 kills were a relatively even mix of roadkills/MG kills.

fastNcurious
01-10-2012, 09:57 PM

Until you tap the button to switch seats, but find yourself in the passenger seat because a squad mate just spawned into your gun. And then a tank turns the corner and you're a sitting duck.

That has happened to me a handful of times. But seriously, your method works. Even if they see me, most of the time they don't think I'm going to switch over to the gun so they start shooting the driver position or switch to their RPGs.

derspiess
01-10-2012, 10:00 PM

You'd think that, but I've had lots of experiences similar to this in the BF series. I think a lot of players disregard a jeep-type vehicle if it's not moving. Now I think it helps to be behind or off to the side of an objective, but a mounted machinegun can rack up some kills in this game if used properly.

CienPR
01-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Step 1.) Climb into DPV.
Step 2.) Press the accelerator until velocity is achieved.
Step 3.) Locate an enemy.
Step 4.) Orient the nose of the vehicle in the direct of the enemy.
Step 5.) Repeat step 2.

Pretty much this. I just ran around flags C and D in Gulf of Oman running over people. It's pretty fast so you should be able to do it without much trouble.

NeuroticAlias
01-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Road kill works everytime!

13ip0lar
01-12-2012, 08:39 PM

I noticed a few other people said roadkills, but my question is are you sure? Like you have the gun unlocked and these kills counted? On battlelog it says I have one kill with it and I recall roadkilling the guy. However under assignments it says 0 of 10. So just looking for some clarification.

xMidget_Furyx
01-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Roadkills do count I had at least 3 or 4 of them and the gun unlocked.

Direkin
01-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Some really great tips here. Will have to try them out whenever I can connect to hardcore servers again.

d00gler
01-17-2012, 01:04 AM
Very helpful tips about using the DPV jeep as a human battering machine. I have been focusing on this particular Assignment a few times recently, completely unsuccessfully because the total area of coverage covered by the damn turret is like a 30 degree arc - pathetic! I could hardly imagine an army producing a vehicle that can't even shoot the width of one headlight of the jeep to the other. Some dumb stuff!

zambeezi
01-18-2012, 09:35 AM
I got 6 roadkills in one game of QA on Oman map last night. We were trapped in our spawn area (US side) but I had the DPV before we lost our final flag. So it was easy and a lot of fun running over them as they were focussing on spawn killing and not watching their backs...

derspiess
01-18-2012, 07:46 PM

I can also confirm that they count towards the Third Tour achievement. My one and only DPV kill so far was a roadkill. When I finally got my F-35 kill last night the achievement popped.

13ip0lar
01-19-2012, 06:47 PM

I just realize I probably didn't have the PP-19 unlocked when I got it, so hence it didn't count towards the progress. :/

derspiess
02-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Thanks to the stupid assignment I'm starting to get hooked on roadkilling with the DPV. On a wide open map where the enemy is too complacent to lay down AT mines, it's a hoot to drive it around full-speed and catch enemy infantry in the open.

A few misc. tips for anyone struggling with it:
*Keep moving as fast as possible. The enemy isn't going to engage you very easily if you're in constant motion.
*Be patient. It may take a little while for an opportunity to present itself, but eventually you'll find a guy standing still out in the open. Or a cluster of 2 or 3!
*Find a route you're comfortable with and keep driving it in a loop. Or better yet, find 2 or 3 loop routes & switch between them.

Jonspach
02-04-2012, 01:40 AM
An added bonus is the way the opposing team will start to look for you and concentrate fire on you. Really let's your teammates get an opportunity to advance on them from my experience.

derspiess
02-08-2012, 08:36 PM
An added bonus is the way the opposing team will start to look for you and concentrate fire on you. Really let's your teammates get an opportunity to advance on them from my experience.

Seems like I get ignored about as often as not, but yeah it is cool when you can distract them-- there ought to be a bonus of some sort for getting a certain # of rounds fired at you while driving the thing.

Funny that all they really need to do to eliminate you as a threat is either: use AT mines, hit you with a Javelin when you're in a wide-open spot, or simply stay out of the open (or at least behind an obstacle).

What's also pretty fun is when you switch to the external view after getting a roadkill & see an enemy body being dragged from your rear axle :)