PDA

View Full Version : You Monster Command Decision story challenge help!

Mr Stoat
12-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Hey guys! I'm really having a hard time trying to complete the command decision story challenge level without losing a core. Has anyone got a decent strategy for it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Go figure, 5 mins after posting this I managed to do it anyways. For anyone else struggling, the key is to keep bouncing aliens around by opening/closing pathways.

Mister Buds
12-27-2011, 08:58 PM
how about the story challenge for lack of support? i always lose a couple cores about halfway in on wave 12 or 13.

EDIT: finally managed the story challenge for lack of support. tesla towers are the key.

daviduk2000
12-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Got them all today, didnt find any particularily hard. found portal II a little frustrating.

just working on my 35 golds now. im on 23

Arenazombie
01-18-2012, 11:01 PM
Defense Grid, Story Challenge - Command Decision - You Monster expansion (map 5) Gold medal - YouTube

edit: funny how I forgot about this vid and used a completely different strategy to beat it myself.

Armstrong x360a
05-11-2013, 06:24 PM
I see what's different. The Temporal tower is bugged and begins speeding up aliens rather than slowing them down before GlaDos actually says that part. No wonder my game is completely different/impossible... Any suggestions? Think I may have to try it pre-patch and risk the bugs... I'll let you know how it goes.

Edit: I cleared the cache then deleted and reinstalled. I played without the update and it worked fine, got gold on my first try after that. Not sure if it was the patch or just a corrupt game (got a corrupt game error after clearing the cache and trying to reenter the game, so dunno). Hope that saves someone else the 4 hours I wasted on it...