PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Speed Wheel

Manguish
12-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Is it worth playing this with the wireless speed wheel?

Is it even supported?

Thanks in advance.

LeMansFahrer
12-27-2011, 12:12 PM
If you are good with the Wireless Wheel then you can use it. It works.

neverendr
12-29-2011, 05:53 AM
It works fine, but I find it inferior to a control pad or proper racing wheel. In all honesty I think the new standard 360 controller (transforming d-pad ie mw3 & matte silver models) work better than a wheel for the recent NFS titles, meaning hot pursuit & shift unleashed, and obviously the run. They've gone so far in the arcade racing direction that a minor flick on an analog stick provides more accurate turns and drifts...I have one of the (albeit silly) race seat setups I had made, it has three pedals since the point was the full Forza experience, with the wheel and a 46" front led panel and 40"s on the side and back. I skipped wasting a display and yet another Xbox for the rear view mirror. When I tried playing the run on that wheel setup I found that the smallest turning motions set my car into spins, unintentional drifts and just off the track half the time. I'd say try the speed wheel if you want, but try a control pad also as you may very likely prefer it and find controlling your car to be much less of an annoyance.