PDA

View Full Version : The End easy death questio

rurouni_crow
12-28-2011, 06:55 AM
I remember back in the day, when making it to The End boss fight, I would save, quit out, and set my system clock forward a year. I would then load up the save, and the fight would be over, because The End had died of old age.
Now, here's the thing. I can't remember for the life of me if this counted against my kill count. I was thinking I'd try this for my no-kill run when I get to it, but I'm concerned.
Can anyone confirm?

minimalism
12-28-2011, 01:41 PM
I remember back in the day, when making it to The End boss fight, I would save, quit out, and set my system clock forward a year. I would then load up the save, and the fight would be over, because The End had died of old age.
Now, here's the thing. I can't remember for the life of me if this counted against my kill count. I was thinking I'd try this for my no-kill run when I get to it, but I'm concerned.
Can anyone confirm?

i don't think it does, because you didn't technically kill him. i never did that though, i always just did it the old fashioned way. i know if you take him out non-lethally you get his rifle, which is basically a sniper that tranqs enemies. very, very useful for no-kill runs.

LouTenit Dan
12-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Can any1 confirm if this method still works?(Like can you still even use that method) Not quite there yet.

Legendary IXI
01-02-2012, 04:02 AM
It works, just did it now. You can't be connected to live however or else the ability to change the clock setting will be disabled.

But after reading what minimalism wrote, I'm gonna reload my save and kill him non-lethally. I want that tranq sniper.

krphilabaum
02-23-2013, 06:45 AM
Yep still works. You can also snipe him at the dock in front of the warehouse (lethal kill though!) and he explodes. A wheel from the wheelchair almost kills you, bricked myself first time I did that. Funny as hell though.