PDA

View Full Version : Boss tips for MGS2 Extreme

Mei Ninja
12-28-2011, 05:11 PM
So I just beat the game on extreme yesterday and I figured I'd write out these tips for anyone who's having a difficult time (like I did) with the bosses on extreme difficulty. None of these are particularly new tricks, but I know I would've done better knowing these things from the start rather than having to figure them out on my own...

Olga - Once she shoots the tarp, she tends to stand behind the flapping part on the left side. There's a small gap between the crates you hide behind where if you crouch back a bit, you can aim through and shoot at her foot without her being able to shoot back at you. This works good for when she's using the light to shine in your face as well. It's slow, but safe and effective.

Fatman - Not a lot of tricks here, just make sure to use the L1 auto-aim and if you have it, switch to your brown wig when not diffusing bombs so that you can pelt him with bullets without fear of running out. I was able to beat him first try by just relentlessly shooting at him.

Harrier - Right at the beginning, you can get in 3 easy shots if you're quick enough by immediately grabbing the stinger and aiming up a bit.
Also, when he's raining down incessant bullets on you, a good way to avoid them is to equip your box and go down to the second level and use those grey crates for cover.
Finally, when he's firing missiles from the side, use the stairs and go up and down about halfway and run up and down the stairs depending on his position. He dips down, you go up... and vice versa (this tip isn't perfect but it worked best for me).

Vamp - Glitch him out. If you have the orange wig, now's the time to use it. Equip it and unequip any weapons, then walk (don't run!) over the inner edge of the pool. Raiden should hang down. This causes Vamp to slowly walk over to you and slash at you. As he bends down to slash, pull yourself back up and punch him a couple times without executing a full combo... if you put yourself close enough to him, he should try and bend down to slash again at which point you can run behind him and punch him more. Repeat until dead. If he jumps back in the water, just hang over the side again. Also, if you don't have the orange wig, I suggest raising your grip level to 3 so that you don't fall in before he reaches you.

Tengu Battle - For the first part, I recommend using the strategy found here:
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance [E-EXTREME SPEED RUN] Part 12 - YouTube
For the second part in the round room, I seemed to have a lot of trouble here... I stood at the top of the room right next to the ladder and equipped the brown wig and then switched to my AK, using L1 to auto-aim and basically let loose. I used first-person aim the whole time so that I could know when to stop shooting so that I didn't accidentally shoot Snake, even though I think I still shot him a couple times.

25 Ray Battle - Again, the brown wig is what saved me here. If you have the wig, USE CHAFF. Always keep a chaff grenade running. Sure it gets annoying, but it slows down all the Metal Gear Rays to the point where you can easily avoid any of their attacks. My strategy ended up being fire two stinger missiles, then throw a chaff grenade. Rinse, repeat. That way I knew I wouldn't run out of chaff and always stayed ahead of the game.

Solidus - This fight is pretty easy, but there are some pretty basic tips that I wish I had known earlier into fighting him. His missiles are annoying but if you do a running flip towards him as soon as he starts to fire, he'll miss and you get the opportunity to get some free hits in. The other option is to time your sword swings so that you deflect the missiles but I found this to be risky because not always did the game seem to want to register my swings and I'd get blown up...
When he hits half health and starts dashing around, stand with your back against one of the walls. This stops him from coming up directly behind you and he'll generally just charge with a blockable swipe. Pretty simple.

ANYWAY that's about all I have to offer. If anyone needs any advice for getting through extreme you're welcome to ask. I know I had a lot of difficulty with these boss fights so I imagine there must be some other people like me who aren't having an easy go of it.

minimalism
12-28-2011, 07:09 PM
bookmarked for future reference. thanks a lot for this, i was looking for a good guide on the best ways to take on the bosses at hard/extreme.

iamtfc
12-29-2011, 07:06 PM
While not a fight you can win, I had a bit of a hard time with Fortune back in the day until I discovered you can equip the box and run around with it on. It lowerers the area you can be hit with. Same reason you mention it for the Harrier, but here it works decently for her gun attacks.

The main strategy I use with Solidus during the first part of the fight is to hit him a couple of times, then block. He'll counter with a kick that you can block which leaves him open. Then you can just run away and dodge his mechano-arm attacks when he gets up, then repeat.

Mei Ninja
12-30-2011, 01:11 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the Fortune box trick. Thanks for adding that.

TVthePunisher
01-09-2012, 08:43 AM
In regards to the Tengu method, I'm currently on Hard mode but I'm certain this will work on Extreme...I immediately Tranq'd Snake and set myself up in the same position on the video and he took practically no damage due to this. I practiced the Spray/Tranq method and I must say it's perfect...but I never equipped the Armor. Rather, I kept my brown Wig on so I could waste shots if need be.

When I get to that section in Extreme, I hope the same method works. BTW it works!! Just like a charm. Oh my god the Tengu Part II was damn near impossible NOT because I was in danger...Snake kept getting killed. It was just luck...I did the exact method listed above...but Snake kept getting in the way of my fire or just got stuck in this huge combo damage. Eventually...we made it through (I don't know how).

Edit: Phew, I just beat the Harrier without any damage on Extreme! Okay so I did pretty much what's explained above, here's how I tackled it. Here I'll throw some stuff in here as well.

I haven't fought Olga yet but in the third Snake tale against Meryl (which is pretty much the Olga fight) I had 10 stun grenades...I hid behind some cover and just threw them anywhere...she was beaten relatively easily. I imagine it may work in Extreme mode so equip your Infinite Headband, find some cover and toss stun grenades (provided you have one before the fight that is).

TV's Fortune Method

Exactly like you guys mentioned, the Box Trick. All you've got to do is set yourself up in the back, equip the box and move back and forth (not a wide area either, just the distance of the two barrels from each other). Figure out the timing of her shots and you can avoid absolutely every hit. Be careful when turning so you don't light the box on fire with one of the oil spills! Most times she pulls off I'm saying Two shots in between your turns, but you can dodge every single hit with no problem. At the very end she'll start firing randomly...but none of them went towards the back so I just kind of scattered around.

TV's Fatman Method

He's a fat bastard but I figured part of my method out right away in earlier difficulties.

REMEMBER TO HAVE THE BROWN WIG AND TO GET A HANG OF SWITCHING BETWEEN THE WIG AND SENSOR A.

IMMEDIATELY freeze the first bomb and move towards the helipad.
Fatman will show up, chilling and ready to fire his oozie. Chances are he'll be right next to the other bomb and his bullets WILL NOT hit you from this distance. Aim carefully with the SOCOM and fire directly at his skates. Once he falls down, immediately aim towards his skull and fire of rapid shots. You can actually get two successful damage cuts on him this way each time he falls down...IF he falls on his stomach (it's hard if he falls on his back).
Move towards the second bomb and freeze it enough until the light starts flashing red. STOP freezing it and move away from the bomb. Fatman will show up again and pull out his oozie...if you're fast enough, you can shoot at his skates before he hits you but the bullets overall don't do much damage (I ignored the damage). Get in those fast shots to his head. Keep an eye on the timer...if you've got like 15 seconds left before he skates off...stand ready because you might get a THIRD chance here if he shows up in time. Basically wait until about 3 seconds with the coolant at hand and if Fatman isn't there yet, go ahead and freeze the bomb. Chances are he'll pull up anyways, giving you ANOTHER chance to shoot out his skates and get more hits on his skull. Hell, you probably already got him down to half health at this point.
Equip a Claymore (and be double sure you have the Brown Wig on)...start setting them up in the pathways as you pursue Fatman. Try to keep an eye on where he is so you don't have to use the Sensor A as much to find what bombs he's going to set up but keep setting up those claymores. When he sets a bomb, freeze it...set a claymore...run towards the next bomb. Try to keep a memory of where you set these claymores.
Remember, IF before the timer starts he loses balanace, is shot to the ground or hits a claymore...you have two choices: shoot him in the head multiple times or go for the other bombs. Actually, it's an even smarter thing to lay claymore traps around him so that he'll constantly get hit by them allowing you for more free shots. Remember, if he dies BEFORE activating the timer you don't have to worry about those bombs.
If you can't trap him right away, make sure to freeze the bombs. If you get a HUGE timer and only like one or two bombs left (I'm talking 40 seconds)...freeze a bomb and wait near it for Fatman to arrive. Shoot out his skates or set a claymore in his path...start firing at his head. Go to the other bomb and freeze it to the point of the blinking red light. If you have enough time he should show up and you can shoot out the skate again. The reason we're freezing to the red flashing light is that sometimes he won't show up until there's like 10 seconds left...it won't even take half a second for you to finish off freezing a bomb when it's at that stage so keep an eye on fatman and the timer at this point.

TV's Harrier Extreme Method

Credit to the above methods for helping me form this.

A MUST HAVE IS THE BROWN WIG AND WHEN CHANGING INTO THE CARDBOARD BOX, REMEMBER THAT AFTER THE MACHINE GUN FIRE TO SWITCH BACK TO THE WIG! YOU DON'T WANT TO USE UP ALL YOUR STINGER MISSILES BECAUSE YOU FORGOT TO CHANGE YOUR HAIR COLOR!!

Immediately grabbed stinger and fired off shots at the hovering Harrier at the start of battle. ;>_> only hit it once lol.
Every time the Harrier flies off, I look for the "sparkle" (like a very bright twinkling light in the sky) and aim for that, firing a missile. I then dodge/cartwheel to avoid the missiles from that attack. Did this every time and got that free hit. I noticed that some of the time hiding behind that tank thing didn't always protect Raiden but cartwheeling was always fullproof. Just make sure to move towards Shell 2 when dodging, gives you enough room.
Whenever he got a "cutscene" for the hot air/jet move (the one where he hovers above trying to burn you), if you hit start you can skip it immediately and this will give you enough time to hang over the railing to avoid taking any damage. In addition, if you're brave...you can try taking shots off at the Harrier but it never worked for me.
I figured out his pattern pretty easily for his machine gun and missile barrage...typically every time after the jet maneuver (which he only uses once in the fight) he'll go straight for the machine guns so I'd run down the stairs, equip the box and chill on one side of the generator thing (him on the other). When he was ready to turn around it, I also maneuvered myself to the other side. Very easy to avoid damage this way, fullproof.
When he prepared himself for the missile barrage, I chilled in the middle of the stairs and simply went down to the bottom, back up...back down...just make sure not to go back up too soon or you'll get caught in the blast (one hit kill). After he stopped firing, I'd wait until I could get a lockon and hopefully get 4 shots on him...sometimes it was only two.
When he goes into the "cutscene" for the Cluster Bomb, hit start to skip it and move over to the railing on the right jumping over. He only ever used this move once but I saw a video where he used it constantly (I'm guessing on European Extreme?) but yeah...you'll be able to avoid that attack.
He'll prepare a Homing Missile, which is always preceded by a taunt like "I'll send you out in style" or something like that. Got my usual shot towards him then I actually DID use that water heater/whatever structure to avoid damage from it.
The rest is straight forward but here's a tip...with part of the bridge destroyed, whenever you can sense he's going to use the machine guns it's MUCH MUCH faster to go towards Shell 2 on the side with the stairs of the bridge, do a cartwheel and you'll land in the bottom part of the bridge faster than with the stairs. I equipped my box and was behind the generator like three or four seconds most times before he even started firing.

TV's Metal Gear Ray Army Method

I started using chaf...but not until about the fifth dead Ray. Here's how I did it:

Obviously equip the Brown Wig and aim at the center Ray's leg, then quickly hit it's head. You will be doing this THE ENTIRE TIME, you can kill a Ray in three of these moves a piece. Leg-head, REMEMBER THAT.
After dodging a bunch of shit and this ray finally gets on the thing, I finish it off. As soon as it's health depletes, I target the leg of an outer Ray and then hit it's head so that Ray is the next one I'll be facing. I then wait patiently as it leaps and then I fire the next rocket just before it lands. Quickly get the leg targeted and you can avoid those annoying leg missiles EVERY TIME. Then factor the head, rinse repeat.
I started using Chaf and I found that maybe 5 times out of 20 rays the outside Rays actually sent missiles out while I was fighting a Ray in the arena. It's pretty useful. Here's when I threw the chaff: after every Ray I defeated, then after damaging the NEXT RAY. In fact, as the second missile is heading towards the second Ray switch to chaff, throw the grenade...then switch back to the Stinger launcher.
If for some reason missiles did head my direction, I always ran right or left while cartwheeling...easy stuff to dodge. Leg missiles were more of a pain but they can be avoided too.
Patience..you need a lot of it. Once you've MASTERED how to take on these Rays, it's just a matter of not making any stupid mistakes and withstanding 25 of these bastards.

TVthePunisher
01-10-2012, 04:33 AM
TV's Solidus Method

It took me awhile to figure it out but there's pretty much a fairly easy way to beat him. If you approach him and attack to where he's blocking, do like two swipes. Suddenly pull up your own blade to block whatever attack he's got coming towards you (most times it will be a combo cut or a kick)...you can then attack him after that! This is ESPECIALLY useful in the second half of the battle...if you can't strike him right away, try to get him stuck in a block fight. For instance here's what you do...you go up to him, strike him a couple times...back off...then strike again so that he's blocking. Now you block his attack and counter a couple times...back off...attack his guard, block. Basically you can just about prevent him from doing his mad dash maneuver all over the place.

I used the method displayed above on the missiles, dodging towards him puts you in the "safe zone" just beyond the missiles allowing for free strikes. I actually at one time during my successful fight managed to slash all missiles from a distance, felt pretty cool but yeah...safer to just dodge towards him.

The most annoying parts of any of his dashes, first or second form...is the flames. I suggest backing off just a tad bit if you KNOW he's going to dash, then run towards him in the first form (because that's usually when he'll fire off the missiles). Second form he has two types of dashes, maddashing (which is just a bunch of dodging) then a straight forward dash attack which I usually just roll out of the way to avoid.

Anyways...phew, I managed to beat it! Extreme mode baby, yeah!

PaleVoyager
01-14-2012, 03:32 AM
I found a pretty decent, and surprising method of completing the second half of the Tengu section on Extreme.

Once you start, equip the HF blade and the body armor and kill the two tengu to the left of you using horizontal slices. Then go to the right side of the arena and horizontally (or vertically, just NEVER stab or rotate) slice the soldiers as they land. While running you may hold the block button if you feel it helps. Just be sure not to get too close when slashing or you risk getting kicked to the ground.

Snake managed to deal with everything on the left side without so much as a scratch, and you ought to be able to do the same. Hope that helps, it worked a lot better for me than the strategy listed above.

TVthePunisher
01-14-2012, 08:18 AM
I found a pretty decent, and surprising method of completing the second half of the Tengu section on Extreme.

Once you start, equip the HF blade and the body armor and kill the two tengu to the left of you using horizontal slices. Then go to the right side of the arena and horizontally (or vertically, just NEVER stab or rotate) slice the soldiers as they land. While running you may hold the block button if you feel it helps. Just be sure not to get too close when slashing or you risk getting kicked to the ground.

Snake managed to deal with everything on the left side without so much as a scratch, and you ought to be able to do the same. Hope that helps, it worked a lot better for me than the strategy listed above.

=) I wish I would have tried that, thank you. Well I already finished it but hey I do hope it helps someone else out there!

Xerofox
02-10-2012, 02:18 AM

I'm really bad with the HF Blade so I used this tactic with a slight change, I equipped the M4 with infinite ammo and ran up and down the right side killing Tengu. Got it first try this way, never even got hit this way.

SR x FUZiON
02-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Quick question guys, im on the ray fight with 2 rations and barely any health, should I try and do it flawlessly and save 2 rations for solidus or use 1 on each fight?

EDIT: Used 1 on the rays and didn't need it on solidus, the rays took me about 10 attempts but did solidus in one.

Xerofox
02-11-2012, 02:06 AM
Easy way for the first part of the Solidus Snake Battle.

Just run to the side of the map and hang on the edge, Solidus will walk up to you and do a sword attack. Press Y at that moment and hit Solidus 3 times. Immediately hang again because Solidus will shoot missiles at you, all of these will miss you. Rinse and repeat until the cut scene.

JuSt BLaZe
02-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Solidus - This fight is pretty easy, but there are some pretty basic tips that I wish I had known earlier into fighting him. His missiles are annoying but if you do a running flip towards him as soon as he starts to fire, he'll miss and you get the opportunity to get some free hits in. The other option is to time your sword swings so that you deflect the missiles but I found this to be risky because not always did the game seem to want to register my swings and I'd get blown up...

TV's Solidus Method

I used the method displayed above on the missiles, dodging towards him puts you in the "safe zone" just beyond the missiles allowing for free strikes. I actually at one time during my successful fight managed to slash all missiles from a distance, felt pretty cool but yeah...safer to just dodge towards him.

Maaan why I never thought about that haha, good one guys BUT you can also simply run towards on of the roof's edge and let yourself hang down, also a good 100% dodge, on the other hand you won't be able do strike him. So Mei Ninja's tactic should be good enough.

When he hits half health and starts dashing around, stand with your back against one of the walls. This stops him from coming up directly behind you and he'll generally just charge with a blockable swipe. Pretty simple.

This is a good one thanks, will try that.

Easy way for the first part of the Solidus Snake Battle.

Just run to the side of the map and hang on the edge, Solidus will walk up to you and do a sword attack. Press Y at that moment and hit Solidus 3 times. Immediately hang again because Solidus will shoot missiles at you, all of these will miss you. Rinse and repeat until the cut scene.

Damn, almost the same as the VAMP - BOSSFIGHT trick. Gotta try it thanks. Only SOLIDUS SNAKE left on my Extreme run and I'm done with it. Got 226 dog tags on the Plant missions so far.

MGS2 - Finish Vamp in 1min (No Kill) - YouTube

(I did it that way, worked just fine.)

Tekuno Tiger
02-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Extremely helpful, thank you!

MachineGryphon
02-21-2012, 05:58 AM
With regards to the Rays, there are many easy tricks to beating them. Try to stay close to the one in the centre as you're fighting. If you stray too far, it may use its knee missiles, and these are actually difficult to dodge. After you hit the ray in the mouth, quickly search for another ray and knee/mouth shot it , then start running so as to avoid the recovered ray's attacks in the centre. If you can damage the others while fighting the one in the middle, the fight will be much quicker. The ones on the sides rarely attack once you're busy with the one on the platform. And even if they do, the long range missiles are very easy to avoid. The only annoying attack is long range machine gun fire. You typically want to be close enough to the middle ray that it'll only try its mouth jet attack, or possibly the machine gun. If it does start the machine gun and you know you don't have time to hit it before it hits you, roll under the arm. If you get close enough, it'll halt the gunfire.

Just some extra tips for Ray. :p

Fully Avenged
02-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Not sure if you're aware of this, but when you're fighting Olga you can actually shoot the two pieces of rope holding the tarp down, as well as the light to destroy both of them. This means Olga continues using the same, basic tactics as she does at the beginning for the entire match. Makes this fight a LOT easier to be honest, the light can be a pain to contend with. Just a bit of constructive input. :)

I CR0W I
02-25-2012, 10:19 AM
With Fatman I planted a claymore at the first bomb and gunned him down at the second bomb, shooting him in the head while stunned and then quickly using the coolant on the uppermost bomb. I planted a claymore there and by the time I got back to the other bomb he hit the first claymore and was ready for another shot to the face but I left him and defused instead.

After that it was just a case of running around with brown wig and SOCOM auto aiming him to death. He didn't stand a chance. My friend was watching and called it fluke so I cockily quit without saving and did it the same again.

If it goes wrong somehow remember that a cartwheel or melee combo will also knock him down. If you're not too quick at hound dogging him with shots try planting claymores on the outskirts as well.

Decade 360
02-28-2012, 01:08 AM
An alternative method for beating Vamp is to lie down at the top right of the room (at the door that you will go through to get to Emma). He'll bounce around the room as usual but will repeatedly land and walk slowly towards you, then you can steer a Nikita into him. Rinse and repeat - easy kill and no damage taken.

KILLBOT
02-29-2012, 02:20 PM
I finished my extreme runthrough yesterday and the only problem I ran into was the Harrier. I've read what you guys have said and watched some video, but I kept getting picked off when I tried to use the stairs as cover from the missile attack and also using the box in the lower area to avoid the Harrier's minigun. I adapted other peoples strategies so that they'd work for me and may help others having trouble.

I pretty much stay on the long causeway section for the whole fight and I keep pressure on the Harrier constantly. This is the area right in front of where the Harrier does its straffe attacks. When stood in this area always stay close to the barrier in the center. When the Harrier does the fly past attack from distance I shoot it then flip over the barrier in the middle to avoid damage like a lot of you guys do. If Harrier decides to do that horrible carpet bomb attack I wait til Solidus shouts "DIEEEEEE!" That is an audio cue to flip the central barrier again to avoid damage. You want to time you're flip towards the end of the cue.

The missile straffe attack is pretty easy to avoid from the main causeway upstairs, this is the area right infront of where the Harrier straffes. Just cartwheel along the causeway from one end to the other until it stops firing, then get some free rockets in to it.

The main reason I stay upstairs is because the minigun straffe was giving me problems. I found that if the Harrier wants to minigun, run left off the causeway and up the little set of stairs. Imagine that area as a small rectangle and you want to lie down in the bottom left corner of it. If you go prone or crouch here you will avoid all minigun fire from the Harrier without having to move.

I hope this helps anyone struggling with the usual strategy.

FiReStOrM^
03-02-2012, 03:16 AM
just finished my extreme play.

I used the "1 minute" trick for beating Vamp, very easy.

Harrier was also pretty straightforward. at the start i was quick to get the 3 free shots. when he strafed i timed jumping over the fence and back up as to be invincible. when he hovered and shot u with the million missiles i just ran halfway down the stairs.

Fatman was piss too.. Infinite wig and just kept attacking him with usp till he fell then headshot. tengus aswell were surprisingly easy. i used the stinger for the first half of the first part, then used the sword for the fight at the door. for the second half just ran about with sword. when i got low health i kneeled down to heal the continued. wanted to keep both rations for the RAY and Solidus battles.

didn't even need them for the ray battle either, just kept using chaff and did the old leg-head routine. was surprised when it ended, thought i had some left to do. did solidus first time. surprisingly the WHOLE time i played this game (normal - very easy - easy - hard - extreme, in that order) i never once used block lol. probably would have helped. when he did his missile attack i just fell off the edge of the building and got back up. easy stuff.

FiReStOrM^
03-10-2012, 02:26 PM
just finished my extreme play.

I used the "1 minute" trick for beating Vamp, very easy.

Harrier was also pretty straightforward. at the start i was quick to get the 3 free shots. when he strafed i timed jumping over the fence and back up as to be invincible. when he hovered and shot u with the million missiles i just ran halfway down the stairs.

Fatman was piss too.. Infinite wig and just kept attacking him with usp till he fell then headshot. tengus aswell were surprisingly easy. i used the stinger for the first half of the first part, then used the sword for the fight at the door. for the second half just ran about with sword. when i got low health i kneeled down to heal the continued. wanted to keep both rations for the RAY and Solidus battles.

didn't even need them for the ray battle either, just kept using chaff and did the old leg-head routine. was surprised when it ended, thought i had some left to do. did solidus first time. surprisingly the WHOLE time i played this game (normal - very easy - easy - hard - extreme, in that order) i never once used block lol. probably would have helped. when he did his missile attack i just fell off the edge of the building and got back up. easy stuff.

These are the perfect videos to watch for tips on how to beat the bosses. It's a Speedrun on European Extreme and he deals with the bosses with such ease, especially the Tengu battle..

I already made a personal playlist of the videos ad watched them after I did my Extreme run, but after watching it I wish I had watched it before!

His fight against Solidus totally annoys me lol. I am an idiot and throughout ALL my playthroughs Normal -V.Easy - Easy - Hard - Extreme I never ONCE used the swords BLOCK feature during the Solidus battle... I guess I did it the bloody hard way. What a tool.

Here is my playlist.

MGS2 E-Extreme Speed Run (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2DDA37CD19ABC033&feature=mh_lolz)

Bosses Index (Clickable YouTube time links):

Tanker

Olga Boss Battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=PL2DDA37CD19ABC033&v=ufP_fwX-z04#t=247s)
Deck-2, Port Soldiers Battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL2DDA37CD19ABC033&feature=player_detailpage&v=KvwLFusj_8s#t=55s)

Plant

Fortune Survival Scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=PL2DDA37CD19ABC033&v=E-F-q2-abkQ#t=155s)
Fatman Boss Battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=PL2DDA37CD19ABC033&v=E-F-q2-abkQ#t=449s)
Harrier Boss Battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=PL2DDA37CD19ABC033&v=9FA59s1UUK8#t=380s)
Vamp Boss Battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL2DDA37CD19ABC033&feature=player_detailpage&v=MuRNjLTw7yE#t=38s)
Tengu Soldiers Battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=PL2DDA37CD19ABC033&v=Q2AWUTnKfbw#t=1s)
25 Metal Gear Ray's Battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=PL2DDA37CD19ABC033&v=Hj1B4quAnuE#t=454s)
Solidus Boss Battle
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=PL2DDA37CD19ABC033&v=44QrahBOthI#t=152s)

Hope this helps..

mnwlkr
05-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Back in the time, I remember I only had problems with Olga and Solidus.
I am pretty sure I finished Extreme with no on everything but saves!
Not sure if I could still do it though......
Not even start yet.

It seems that Fatman is of little problems to many.
Here is my strategy.
1. Equip with the Brown Wig.
2. Put on the "killing pistol"(I don't remember what it was).
3. When the fight starts, freeze the two bombs at once.
4. Then find Fatman and auto-lock on him.
5. Chase him down! And stay close.
6. Whenever you and him are in the same line(even if he is out of the screen), spam him with bullets.
7. He should be down by 5 or 6 successive shots.
8. Switch to the M9 and shot him in the head. (You can land 2 hits if you are fast)
9. If you can pull it out nicely, he don't even have a chance to plant a bomb.
10. If he ever plant a bomb, stick to the bomb first! Then get back to him.

The Harrier is another tough one, until I found the blind spot.
1. As always, Brown Wig on.
2. Run all the way to the left then turn "into the screen"(Raiden's right).
3. Crouch and lean against the fence on the right. (Raiden should be facing left.)
4. This is the blind spot where The Harrier's machine gun and "machine-missles" can't hurt you at all!
5. When it flies away and drop bombs, go back to the middle stage, lean against a fence, jump down to grap the ledge and pull yourself up immediately. If you time it right, you should avoid the incoming missles and have a chance to land a few shots on it.
6. I don't remember having to jump a broken bridge gap and go downstair like some of the strategies above. So I think the blind spot should avoid all other attacks as well.

For Vamp, my strategy was exactly the same as above with the orange wig!

For the Tengu battle, using the sword to block the bullets while Snake do the job is a nice touch. But also depends a bit on luck. You can occasionally land a few stun hit on nearby enemies.

For the 25 RAYs, I remembered defeating them without much problems.
But I also remembered spaming CHAFF and occassionally land a few shots on them.
Just remember the effective period of the chaff and throw another one before it's offline.

Gotta start in a few days.
Hopefully these still work.

Johnny Royce 415
04-06-2014, 05:11 PM
THE HARRIER! I replayed this on PS3 and it was the hardest Platinum ever. I'm going at it again for 360. The Harrier is ridiculous on Extreme but I love the challenge