PDA

View Full Version : Graphics: SDTV vs. HDTV

KlicK
08-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Alright, a buddy of mine has this game.

He also has a SDTV. I played this game a whopping 30 seconds before putting something else in. This game looks like ass. I thought I was playing a PS2 game with horrid graphics at first.

So, my question is: Does this game look a whole lot better on a HDTV? Because my VGA cables came in today, and I'm going to setup my 360 with my monitor. (19 inch @ 1440x900) And I'd like to know if there is a huge improvement.

Blue Ninja
08-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Alright, a buddy of mine has this game.

He also has a SDTV. I played this game a whopping 30 seconds before putting something else in. This game looks like ass. I thought I was playing a PS2 game with horrid graphics at first.

So, my question is: Does this game look a whole lot better on a HDTV? Because my VGA cables came in today, and I'm going to setup my 360 with my monitor. (19 inch @ 1440x900) And I'd like to know if there is a huge improvement.
If you think F.E.A.R. looks bad on an SDTV, you're not going to get much better results with a HDTV. F.E.A.R. looks F.I.N.E. imo.

Flea
08-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Not all games on 360 support sd properly,
Theres a 3-4 page article on it in this months xbox 360 gamer.

Hdtv is a vast improvement on sd,
you will notice a change.
:)

MrEastSide
08-11-2007, 03:38 PM
The problem with FEAR's visuals isn't so much that they're bad. They're just plain looking. FEAR actually is still one of the most graphically demanding games on the PC. And it looks very nice. And the particle effects are second to none. The only problem is lots of the environments look the same. And the color palette seems like it only contains 4 or 5 colors a lot of the time. You will notice an improvement once you move to HD. But, the problem for your dislike probably lies in just the way some of the levels look and are designed.

Still I'm surprised you found it that bad. The effects, lighting and reflections are top notch. The colors are just very plain.