What am i doing wrong?!?

Turbo VDuB 44

Can anyone explain this to me...i read through all the posts and didn't see any hints or anything.

I am a great button masher, but when i run i just rail the B button to get my speed up. I leave about 3.5 empty blocks on the end of my speed bar almost always. I can't get past 10.45 and 13.50 for those 2 event plus even if i hit the board and throw or jump 45 degrees i still fall 1 meter or 10 meters short...what is the trick to get your speed all the way up or do i have to suffer through the pains of not knowing how to play this damn game

I'm feeling your pain there. I have never once been beat in a Mario Party button mashing game. I am ridiculously good at it. But this game... it just doesn't seem to work the same way, I can't figure it out.

LOL my thoughts exactly...i finally figured out that you need to turn the controller upside down and use your right hand to move the joystick left and right really quick....works like a charm

now if only i knew how to not suck at the hammer throw...

Thats the exact way im doing it at times ive to switch it around its nuts the amount of bashing that goes into the controller im stuck now on the last thing the poll jump its strange getting it right getting the speed right then get jump and landing if any ones got tips on this one let me know!!!

I had a lot of trouble with the high jump as well...The acheivement guide helped a little bit. The main thing I had trouble with was when exactly to hit the jump button. If you wait til you get just past the Konami sign, then as the guide states tap the A button. Immediately after you hit the A button go back to smacking the analog stick. This will help you keep rising higher. Once you are high enough, press and hold the A button in short bursts to move over the bar. Once I got the hang of it, it worked perfectly. I can now clear 2.43 meters. Hope this helps you guys out. Any tips on the hammer throw? That one is still giving me probems.

the best tip....get lucky haha...when he's spinning around about 50 miles per hour just try to get a lucky tap of the A button. count 7 turns, then on the 8th or whenever you can hit the A button and try to get 45 degrees...i hit 90.00 on the nose the first time i ever tried it...now i haven't gotten past 80 haha

High Jump:

1) count the steps (or listen to the sound of the footsteps), jumping at the 10th step is ideal (or at the "i" in "Konami"), just TIP the grenn button (an angle around 80 ist perfect)

2) while in air sprint like hell

3) adjust the angle according to the 3 different aMinations (yeeh!)

it takes some time to get used to it. but it will take you over 2,45 without ANY probs.

me, i am number 2 in the world with 2,49. i don't know if 2,50 is possible. i have often cleared 2,49 without fouls and still could not make it over 2,50. maybe i am just tooooooo slow. who knows

have phun,

zephyr

• 1 year later...