PDA

View Full Version : Some tips on unspecified requirements

vithzeral
01-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Overall this is a pretty easy game, but not all the achievements tell you exactly what you need to do. To avoid wasting time with the wrong settings here are some tips:

Bragging Rights - you must have 3 or 4 players/controllers. Beating only one person does not work.

Hearts and Minds - play with only 2 players otherwise you cannot win enough territories before the game ends. Obviously win only 100 point territories.

On a Roll - hot seat mode works for all other Explorer achievements, but not this one. You must be using multiple controllers.

Counter-intelligence - some people have had problems with this one. You should know that it doesn't pop after the round, but at the end of the game. I made sure that I still had a negative score at the end of the game although I don't know for sure that this is required. Also having a negative score in the round (i.e. less points at the end than at the beginning) is not enough. Your total score must be negative (the commentator will say something about he didn't know you could have a negative score).

So far I have not found any achievements to be impossible/glitched unlike the PS3 version. If I come across anything else I'll add to this post tomorrow.

Mini Road Map

Quiz Mode (play solo unless stated) -

Play 3x Short Easy Quiz and get 1000 points on at least one attempt, and deliberately answer wrong for negative score on another attempt
Play 1x Medium Easy Quiz and get 2000 points
Win 1x Long Easy Quiz with 3 players and get 4000 points
Play 5x Short Hard Quiz

Explorer Mode (Easy difficulty for all games)

Play one game in hotseat mode with 4 players, making sure to take over a territory of each different color, and try to complete 2 continents before you win
Play one game with 2 controllers and don't let the game end until you have won 5 puzzle battles in a row, and taken over half the territories
Play 2-3 more games in hotseat mode with 2 players until you have completed all of the remaining 6 continent achievements

Remember you can always keep the game going by letting the other player take over your territories in continents that don't matter

Puzzles

- complete one puzzle battle (2 controllers)
- complete all Jigsaw, Square and Slider puzzles (this is the long boring part!)

Final note: corruption of the save file appears to be a fairly common bug. This generally isn't an issue for most play modes, but you wouldn't want to lose 2 hours of play just before you finished the last puzzle. When doing puzzle mode I suggest making a backup save every few puzzles.

anthonyd46
01-13-2012, 06:55 PM
great road map worked great got all non puzzle achs in under 2 hours with this puzzles took bout 2.5-3

Da CRU Mughhh
01-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Great guide, but how do you make back up saves. Can't seem to find it!

Ace Attorney 86
04-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Thank you for the guide, this oughta be the offical roadmap. You did mention this in your tips but I wanted to empathize that you cannot get "On a Roll" - the one for winning 5 puzzle challenges in a row in Explorer - with one controller. You have to use 2. I was trying to get it with 1 and I thought the game had glitched on me because I did get the save data corruption bug.

This game is a very easy 1,000. A nice weekend gamefly rental and you might actually learn a few things you didn't know before lol. I think i know more about Greenland now than I ever hoped or wanted to know.

Law
05-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Great info here. Here is another tip, when you are doing your 4-player Hotseat game you can actually get at least four of the territory achievements because all of the players count as your main profile. Just conquer one territory for each player in the game during the Hotseat game. Might save you some time so you don't have to play extra games just to get territories.

Cossack William
05-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with my last two achievements, on the roll achievement and winning 5 games on hard. I've tried playing explorer With two controllers several times winning as many puzzle battles as possible, but still nothing? Does the achievement pop right away or at the end of round? Is there a specific type of puzzle i need to do for the achievement? I'll try again with all our controllers later, but if any one has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it! As for the 5 games on hard I have no clue other than to clear the cache and try again? Any one else having problems?

Great road map btw

the Wulf
06-06-2012, 06:45 AM
Ya, can't even unlock play 5 solo games, 5 easy or 5 hard. just played 7 in a row. will try on another xbox and let you know if it works.

Sundowner
06-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Same issue here with the 5 in a row Solo... I got the easy and hard, but am at like 9 or 10 games solo now and still no pop.

Sundowner
06-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Update: played 13 games now.. all solo, on my profile, short, easy quiz mode. Scored over 2000+ points on at least 5 with a sage ranking.... no achievement.

Can anyone who has gotten it comment? Thanks

Update: Got the achievement to pop after clearing the cache and deleting my save file, basically starting fresh.