PDA

View Full Version : Keep away from the sensor?

jae200
01-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Hey guys.. I just downloaded the new demo of this today and was trying it out and for some reason the large message 'Keep away from the sensor' won't go away. Any tips on this? I moved the couch and have the ideal amount of space for all Kinect games (we play Once Upon a Monster, Kinect Adventures and Fruit Ninja with the kids and have no problems whatsoever). Just not sure whats going on here as I'm nowhere near the sensor. The game and control scheme is interesting but I'd prefer to play it without a large black box in the corner.

ownon
01-04-2012, 01:08 PM
demo worked fine with me and I realy enjoyed this game, don't know how to solve your problem

Killerchronic
01-08-2012, 01:32 AM
Seems this game requires more space than other kinect titles, i have a very limited play space (5ft is the furthest back i can go before i hit the sofa so i have to use the nyko zoom lens anyway) but this game was quite picky, while standing right back it went away but the second i popped my hand forwards it would start yelling at me to move back, however gameplay seemed unaffected other than the annoying box in the top left.

pistonh
01-14-2012, 01:39 AM
This is actually caused by the player leaning too far forwards while they play (think of the angle you lean forward while walking up a steep hill). The reason the game tells you to back up is because the angle of your lean partially obscures the position of your legs for the sensor to read. Since your chest is probably blocking the view of your back leg to the camera, the game just uses whatever position it was in when it could last see it, then just places the warning up on the screen. The same effect happens when people wear baggy shorts past the knee and the cuff blocks the shoe of the back leg when they're moving. This usually happens to my friends when they get into the more intense parts as they naturally start leaning towards the screen in their vigor to judo chop groups of rabid zombies. Just try to be more conscious of your body position & keep your body upright/erect as much as you can.

Toaster Forster
02-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Hey guys.. I just downloaded the new demo of this today and was trying it out and for some reason the large message 'Keep away from the sensor' won't go away. Any tips on this? I moved the couch and have the ideal amount of space for all Kinect games (we play Once Upon a Monster, Kinect Adventures and Fruit Ninja with the kids and have no problems whatsoever). Just not sure whats going on here as I'm nowhere near the sensor. The game and control scheme is interesting but I'd prefer to play it without a large black box in the corner.

This is happening to me on the demo too,it tells me to move back (even though i have at least 8 feet of space) and i take a step back then it says move closer to the sensor,is it the demo thats not up to scatch?
This game is due to be delivered to me in a couple of days but i dont want to open it if its gonna be like this,i could send it back.

PANIC ATTACK 10
02-07-2012, 10:15 PM
had no proablems, best kinect game yet. i stand 6-8ft away with kinect on top of tv. they should post on boxes the space needed to play game though.

adifabio1024
07-17-2012, 10:14 PM
The actual game does the same thing for me. It will also show the character walk backwards when I am in the motion for forward. This game seems to need a lot of space and I seem to get more messages if the kinect sensor is at an angle.

CORPSIE19
11-21-2012, 01:19 AM
yea pisses me off. im always too close when im actually far away