PDA

View Full Version : A New Way to Rate Games?

M7.Ninja
08-10-2007, 08:59 AM
I was thinking of a way that games could be rated by different gamers.

If everyone's collection was to be put in a commercial airline plane, the gamer in question could arrange the "passengers" as he or she sees fit. They can also upgrade and downgrade any specific passengers as they please.

Here's an example rundown of the flight sheet, based on my preferences:

First Class:

Halo 3
BioShock
Assassin's Creed
Mass Effect
Business Class:

Two Worlds
Eternal Sonata
Jericho
GTA4
Economy Class:

Soul Calibur 4
PGR4
Lost Odyssey (reviewing upgrage proposal)
Blacklisted (ie, stuff that's never going into my collection):

Guitar Hero (any number)
Rock Band
Madden (anything)
Tiger Woods (anything)
Tony Hawk (anything)
FIFA (anything)
Dangerous Materials (ie, stuff that might make it into a Ninja Airlines flight, just not overdone and handled with extreme care):

Anything that requires an Xbox Live account to fully appreciate
Music/song games
Movie ports
Anything that requires peripherals not included in the initial package (game or console)
Anything with a well-known non-gaming brand stamped on the title (or anywhere in the package)
Anything that has over 30% of its achievement points only unlockable through online play
Anything with the words "Guitar", "Rock" or "Super"
Anything World War 2, Civil War, Stealth to thwart terrorist plots.
Anything that doesn't seem to belong where it's at (ie, Viva Pinata looks like it should be a Wii game, or the sister game to the ridiculous LittleBigPlanet on the PS3).So there you have it. Take your time working on your list. You'd be surprised what you'll find if you give it a little extra thought and effort.

artvandel4y
08-10-2007, 11:33 AM
you know economy is suposed to be the largest part of the plane. If you insist upon keeping the numbers the same, try a different analogy. Might I suggest social classes. With the ever shrinking middle class, I think it would work. Sports games are okay if you buy them every other year.

M7.Ninja
08-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Probably, but the previous example is just that: an example. It's not a comprehensive list, just one off the top of my head.

I think I'll work on a more comprehensive list soon, to show you what games falls where, and what games couldn't get past the security check to begin with.