PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Sahara

M7.Ninja
08-10-2007, 05:38 PM
I know the next wave of major games is just around the corner, and as the excitement turns into a waiting game, I feel washed out. Like a guy wandering a burning desert and seeing a mirage...

Dammit, every night I dream I walk into a store to buy a game, and end up either at the business side of Master Chief's rifle, chased by the Assassin or cornered by a Big Daddy with Little Sister laughing crazily at me from behind that damn brute.

Alright, I'm calm. What I'm saying, I guess, is that the wait grows more unbearable everyday. I'm trying to occupy myself, but my mind keeps wandering back to the games like an auto-aim feature.

The fact that I cut off a friend after a session of trash talking went too far is probably another reason behind my... situation.

Is anyone else feeling anything similar?

Bluntman428
08-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Is anyone else feeling anything similar?

You could say that.

Not having my 360 for another 2 months roughly is already driving me crazy. It's been a week, and already I'm overwhelmed by boredom. I've resorted to reading to kill time. Not much else to do in the country.

I'm not pleased I'm not going to be able to play Two Worlds, Bioshock, and Blue Dragon for quite some time either.

I think I'll learn Japanese or something while I wait impatiently.

M7.Ninja
08-10-2007, 08:05 PM
It's been a week, and already I'm overwhelmed by boredom.Look up the three books written by Robert Greene. It's a great book to occupy your time, and will have a long lasting impact on your life. Not a self-help book, more like an interesting twist on human history and how you can apply the greatest lessons of humanity in your everyday life.

Mace1982
08-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Oh my god, Ninja i feel your pain, i am in the gamerscore league and each week i hit my allocation of 1500 points early then leaving me with 3 options go for more achievements, go for hard achievements or just do whatever, each time i try a new option i get bored, when i was not in the league i was trying for seriously but when i got that major milestone *poof* 4 weeks till the next gamerscore league, god damn it, anyhow my boredom is sated and maybe you should give the GSL a try it helps with the boredom

LordDurham
08-12-2007, 05:19 AM
You could say that.

Not having my 360 for another 2 months roughly is already driving me crazy. It's been a week, and already I'm overwhelmed by boredom. I've resorted to reading to kill time. Not much else to do in the country.

I'm not pleased I'm not going to be able to play Two Worlds, Bioshock, and Blue Dragon for quite some time either.

I think I'll learn Japanese or something while I wait impatiently.

X 2 , I'm just waiting since 3 weeks though, but it fucking sucks when you have to go work when you used to play a bit before, but you can't now.

Anyway, none of future game really put me insane, the only one I really want to have right now is Assassin's Creed, but it's not until November so I'm just waiting patiently :p

TMANEDD
08-12-2007, 07:24 AM
These few weeks of the summer are kinda weird. Ive been going back though old titles trying for more achivements. Still cant motivate myself to get the 30 wins i need for the Fifa 07 300 wins achievement!

Fenrir767
08-12-2007, 01:23 PM
I do find of feel the same way. I've been dying for Mass Effect to come out but I have some nice games to die me over like Project Sylpheed a few older games and I'm eagerly awaiting stranglehold and DW Gundam that are coming out in a few weeks.

M7.Ninja
08-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Problem is, I'm waiting for BioShock, and it seems the closer it comes, the harder it is to wait.