PDA

View Full Version : Pushed back

Baihu1983
01-06-2012, 12:28 PM
http://www.shoptonews.net/2012/01/06/slient-hill-hd-collection-delayed/

Konamiís Silent Hill HD Collection, which was slated for release later this month, has been delayed until March.

It seems that a number of retailers have updated their listings for Silent Hill HD Collection, with ShopTo giving the game a new date of March 16th, which also happens to be the release date of the latest game in the series, Silent Hill: Downpour.
Konami has yet to confirm the delay.

Soldiercloud9
01-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Yeah this is a disappointment I was looking forward to this. Heck I even pre-ordered it which I hardly do for any game that comes out. Gamefly and Gamestop has got it down for a 3/6 release date.

Ceris
01-06-2012, 07:07 PM
I was looking forward to this :/ What is up with Konami and delaying Silent Hill games?

TVthePunisher
01-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Silent Hill HD Collection Developer Demo - YouTube

^So that claim at the end of the video is false? =/ he says "and it's coming this January", right there after Heather gets run over by the rollercoaster car. It's that Tomm Hulett fella who says it. I recognize his voice anywhere since he always sounds shy ;>_> hey, it's not a problem just an observation...very reserved on how he speaks which is cool and all. I'm the same way.

Anyways, this was posted on the 4th...and it's that Konami guy, so I'd take his word over other sites any day. Screw the March release date =D

Nevaeh 2Die4
01-08-2012, 11:57 AM
why? game has been out for years , why the need of a delay?

i want silent hill 1!!!!!!

Vigor
01-08-2012, 12:01 PM
So it's coming on the same day as Downpour..
Smart move to save distribution costs.

Shining Star 77
01-08-2012, 09:39 PM
I Don't Know If That Would Work Based On Certain Factors But As Long As They Don't Delay It Again Then Fair Enough, I Mean What Developer Hasn't Had Setbacks!

Ravnicar
01-08-2012, 11:39 PM
I'm mostly disappointed in the fact that we will only get 2 games. Almost every other HD Collection has had 3. I agree with everyone else that it needed to have a remake of SH1 but at least SH4 would have been nice. At the very least they had better do like the ICO collection and put a ton of behind the scenes stuff with it. None the less it's got SH2 in it so I will not be able to pass it up.

Soldiercloud9
01-09-2012, 06:22 AM
I'm mostly disappointed in the fact that we will only get 2 games. Almost every other HD Collection has had 3. I agree with everyone else that it needed to have a remake of SH1 but at least SH4 would have been nice. At the very least they had better do like the ICO collection and put a ton of behind the scenes stuff with it. None the less it's got SH2 in it so I will not be able to pass it up.

From what I've read somewhere they decided to not put SH4 in the collection due to lack of interest in the game.

Ceris
01-09-2012, 06:34 AM
From what I've read somewhere they decided to not put SH4 in the collection due to lack of interest in the game.
Yeah, I read that too. Honestly I am fine without SH4. It was my least favorite out of the games made by Team Silent. And if people haven't noticed the trend yet, only the previous gen consoles are getting HD remakes (as far as i know) MGS 2-3 were PS2, FFX is PS2, SH2-3 are PS2, RE HDs had PS2 releases. I don't know the DMC games, never played a single one...

HabsCen10ial
01-25-2012, 03:22 PM
I really wish it hadn't been delayed. I was hoping this would keep me busy until downpour but now I'm going to have three games to play all at once.

I may not buy Silent Hill HD right away because of this.

Jack Pumpkinhed
01-27-2012, 04:17 PM

That really sucks because I actually enjoyed SH:4 more than SH:3, which has led to an epic debate between me and my friends girlfriend that's lasted for years....

Still...I am pretty sure they could have included it. This seems like an excuse if anything =/

Hell, they could have tossed in Origins for all I care. I like all the SH games (compared to other games, they are head and shoulders above most of the shit that's out there now)

ALSO:

Is anyone else concerned that this game now (with delay) comes out in a little over a month and there is STILL no achievement list? And today it was suggested that the two games may be XBLA released after all...

This does not bode well for our hopes of a 1000 gs game collection =/

Ceris
01-27-2012, 04:25 PM
That really sucks because I actually enjoyed SH:4 more than SH:3, which has led to an epic debate between me and my friends girlfriend that's lasted for years....

Still...I am pretty sure they could have included it. This seems like an excuse if anything =/

Hell, they could have tossed in Origins for all I care. I like all the SH games (compared to other games, they are head and shoulders above most of the shit that's out there now)

ALSO:

Is anyone else concerned that this game now (with delay) comes out in a little over a month and there is STILL no achievement list? And today it was suggested that the two games may be XBLA released after all...

This does not bode well for our hopes of a 1000 gs game collection =/
I am getting it regardless. I loved both SH 2 and 3; they were my two favorite Silent Hill games. I want them for Xbox so bad because I lost SH3 and loaned out SH2 and never got it back. Also, it seems they are actually taking time to make it look good, unlike the Resident Evil remakes.

demoneydsniper
01-31-2012, 08:55 AM
why? game has been out for years , why the need of a delay?

i want silent hill 1!!!!!!

probably to create hype for downpour but thats just a guess

IDiivil
02-02-2012, 07:18 PM
... I'm personally happy SH4 isn't in it, though I'd give it another shot if it was :S I didn't mind anything about it save for those damn undying ghosts, and God, those things really irked me. Like, enough to really not want much to do it at the time.

I can see myself feeling differently about it now and forcing my way through it to see the rest of the game, but........

Thicketford
02-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Hopefully if this is sucessful, they'll make a second collection with 1,4 and origins.

ChaoticOblivion
02-10-2012, 02:25 AM
It's bad enough that they wont be doing SH 1, then this?..

Jack Pumpkinhed
02-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Well...looks like it's being pushed back again...

I just got an email from Amazon saying that the new release date is 3/20

Ugh.

It never bodes well when no achievement list surfaces...sadly I expected this...

ThaMyth
02-23-2012, 11:51 PM
yup 3/20, which is smart cause they wanna drop downpour first for the rush to buyers and why fuck with sales goin against mass effect 3 on the 6th, itll be worth the wait.

Jack Pumpkinhed
02-24-2012, 01:56 AM
yup 3/20, which is smart cause they wanna drop downpour first for the rush to buyers and why fuck with sales goin against mass effect 3 on the 6th, itll be worth the wait.

Yeah, I think it's strategic if anything. It's dropping on the same day as Operation: Raccoon City.

Seeing as that's an unknown (as to whether it's good or not) and everyone highly regards SH2 and 3

I'm getting all three of these games (had them pre-ordered since Xmas) so it doesn't matter much to me. I just wish that it came out earlier :(

Thicketford
02-27-2012, 08:55 PM
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/silent-hill-hd-collection/10480723.html

Apparently, it's been moved up to the 9th March. Same day as Mass Effect 3.

TVthePunisher
02-27-2012, 09:23 PM
I don't know what to believe until I see it physically available to buy. Not to sure about this zavvi and how reliable it is...but damn where is our friggin achievement list already?! ._.

paradox85
02-27-2012, 11:48 PM
There are a lot of different release dates for this one.. the "official" release dates from Konami are still March 6th (US) and March 9th (EU), but something tells me we're not gonna get this next week, sadly.

EDIT: Konami Europe now has a release date March 16th 2012 (http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/game.do?idGame=306) (http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/game.do?idGame=306).

Ceris
02-27-2012, 11:57 PM
There are a lot of different release dates for this one.. the "official" release dates from Konami are still March 6th (US) and March 9th (EU), but something tells me we're not gonna get this next week, sadly.

EDIT: Konami Europe now has a release date March 16th 2012 (http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/game.do?idGame=306) (http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/game.do?idGame=306).
The official NA HD collection release date is still 3/20. It is shown on their website.
http://www.konami.com/officialsites/silenthill/index.php

singhellotaku617
03-10-2012, 10:33 AM
releasing it after Downpour seems stupid to me, and releasing it the same day as RE:ORC means i'll have to take a pass on it for a few weeks for my wallet's sake.