PDA

View Full Version : A Smash Hit !!! Any tips.

alainb
01-07-2012, 12:29 AM
I've played around 1000 games, all game mode included but still haven't get this. It begins to scare me. Ant tips to make it happen. Build, situation, sliders, anything?

acdougla17
01-07-2012, 03:22 AM
Luck. I didnt have it after about 200 games (online and offline combined) and then 1 game I got it off a rather weak hit. Then I did 2 more times in like the next 10 games. But then I have gone another 200 games or so without doing it again. It seems to trigger when the AI shoulder hits the glass so hits from the front or back dont seem to work so well.

Peelman
01-08-2012, 11:39 PM
When I have glass break on me it is usually when going for a hit in the corners I shouldn't be going for. Mostly when the puck is dumped in, wraps around behind the goalie, and both my defenseman and another forward are going for the puck. I slow up and get ready to board him/check him from behind and sometimes the glass breaks. Dirty hit that is appropriately penalized more often than not, but the times when the glass has broken for me are cases like this.

Perhaps have icing and penalties turned off. Skate it into their zone and give it up. Let them bring it back into your zone and try and catch them in the corners. I don't think you'll get that many opportunities when they're already established in the zone, so once they set up generate a turnover, dump it down the ice or skate it out, and rinse and repeat.

Probably not the quickest method, but if I was trying to target that achievement specifically it is what I would try.

xSynGatesXx
01-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Man, you guys are unlucky. I got all the hit achievements after my first four games. I just hit a lot.

Smokiiz
01-19-2012, 08:25 PM
It's really luck... I got this after a while.
I found that a shoulder hit usually works. I unno. EA just cursed some people I guess.
Good luck.

HabsCen10ial
01-23-2012, 02:56 PM
I've broke the glass a few times by hitting players but it's never been against the cpu so no achievement yet.

Jimskeleton
01-24-2012, 01:43 PM
I would say luck more than anything as well, I got this in only my 2nd game, played about 300 since and it hasn't happened again.

Onyx Mark
01-24-2012, 06:34 PM
I got it after like 50 games.But if I recall I don't remember if it was on a COMP.

loganm223
01-24-2012, 06:45 PM
yea i got it quite soon, but i recomend trying to use teams with better hitters and if you want go into EASHL practice and have the other player just stand infront or around the glass and just hit him the whole time

HabsCen10ial
01-24-2012, 07:06 PM
It has to be against the computer.

Onyx Mark
01-24-2012, 08:43 PM
I think I got mine in a Drop-in EASHL game. I hit someone and the glass broke. It must have been a person who quit or a position no one took becuase it was a computer.

HabsCen10ial
01-24-2012, 09:00 PM
I think I got mine in a Drop-in EASHL game. I hit someone and the glass broke. It must have been a person who quit or a position no one took becuase it was a computer.

Holy crap I didn't even think of that. I just assumed against the CPU meant it had to be an offline mode like Be A Pro. This is good to know. It'll give me something to shoot for while getting my ass handed to me in EASHL :p

bdghablig500
02-16-2012, 04:53 AM
Hopefully it is a computer player and not specifically while playing offline, been playing alot of NHL 12 recently and want this cheevo

Bassani 097
06-03-2012, 09:56 AM
I finally got mine just a bit ago. It was online in a OTP game. I was going after the puck trying to beat a cpu player to the puck for icing, however I knew that I wasn't going to by a matter of just a couple feet so I went for the hit instead, glass shattered & pop, got the cheevo. Like many others have said, it seems to pretty much be a "luck" achievement, but anyway, it can be done online vs cpu controlled players.

I RYXCORE I
06-03-2012, 09:33 PM
i think i literally got this achievement in my first game (winter classic intro) lol

Habs14
06-04-2012, 05:20 AM
When i got mine i got it within 10 minutes of the first period. First attempt at trying to get it. I used boston and played as Chara and picked washington and i kept turning over the puck in my own end and just lined up everyone for a hit. Eventually it broke. Pretty simple