Control Issues?? Jump issues!!

kidemtjoe

I dont want to sound like a dumba$$, but does anyone else have a hard time hurdle/Jump for the ball to intercept it. I constantly try and press Y and all the player does is dive for the receiver. Any ideas? The thing that bugs me about it is.I have played several online games and the other guy jumps up and intercepts it and all I do is dive.So I know it can be done.Please guys any help would be grateful. Thanks

I have alot of trouble intercepting as well. Whenever I try to do it, my guy just dives like a dumbass to the ground and then the receiver is wide open for a big run down the field.

I would love to know how to do this without having the possibility of accidentally diving to the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to start intercepting passes, change your control settings to Blitz, that way you can change players while you're holding turbo, and I find that it's just an easier scheme to use.

And secondly, you can't hold Turbo while you're going for picks, if you're holding Turbo, your defender will just dive in the path of the receiver (although this works sometimes too, if you do it right when the ball arrives.) Also, make sure you're at least near the passing lane or your defender will just dive to the ground.

One more tip, it's MUCH easier to pick off passes if you're ahead of the receiver as opposed to being slightly behind them. If you're slightly ahead of the route your defender will jump it and pick off the pass 50% of the time, the other times are usually just knockdowns.

Anyway, hope that helps.