PDA

View Full Version : i wanna play a pc but no idea...

Hairy Goo
01-07-2012, 09:34 PM
hola! when im at my parents house (and away from my xbox haha) im ussually up late just hanging out but if i found a fun pc game that would run on thier pc, well then thatd be more fun then chillin...any tips? i never play on pc.. any suggestions for a good pc game?! one that could run fine on this pc...all i know is its a windows 7...i dont know much about it haha sorry

bob101910
01-08-2012, 03:19 AM
hola! when im at my parents house (and away from my xbox haha) im ussually up late just hanging out but if i found a fun pc game that would run on thier pc, well then thatd be more fun then chillin...any tips? i never play on pc.. any suggestions for a good pc game?! one that could run fine on this pc...all i know is its a windows 7...i dont know much about it haha sorry

***I use a laptop with Windows 7. Not very good, but it can run some stuff. I do have a very very good desktop just in case games I buy do not work on the laptop***

For Games for Windows Live games
Depends what games you like.

Tinker is a free puzzleish game. I don't like it, but it is free

I recommend Dawn of War 2 if you like RTS games. I got it recently during the Steam sales and it runs fine on my laptop Windows 7 on the lowest graphics settings that can't play GTA4. There is a FREE demo on Steam, so play that before making any decisions about buying the game
If you do plan on getting Dawn of War 2, it has 1,000 gamerscore without the expansion. Also get the Chaos Rising expansion too. It adds another 1,000 gamerscore for a total of 2,000 gamerscore. Not an easy 2,000, but still fun.

Note: The other expansion (Retribution I think) does not have achievements.

Amazon has 2 pack (Dawn of War 2 and Chaos Rising Expansion on sale for $12 (Was $15 in the Steam Sale)
Amazon.com: Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II: Pc: Video Games

DO NOT GET WHERE'S Waldo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000

For not GFWL games, I highly recommend Lord of the Rings Online. Mostly free to play. Once you get around lvl 28ish (can take a new player a long time to get, several hours for experienced players as well) you start running out of free stuff. Luckily you can complete Deeds to get Turbine Points that you can use to buy Turbine Points.

Deeds are just like Achievements and Turbine Points are like Gamerscore that you can spend. Example: complete 10 quests in a certain area, get 5 points.

I think it's fun. If you do try out Lotro, send me a msg on xbox live and I can help you get started ;)

I mak3 big boom
01-08-2012, 06:53 AM
Halo 2: vista (it works on 7)

matthewh00
01-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Running games on your PC (Vista/XP/W7 System requirements).

To test if a game will work on your PC, check out this website:
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/

You can use this (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/) website too see which games you are interested in to see if your computer can run them. Becomes very usefull if you don't know anything about the computer you are using.

A few games I have got that go with your gamertag are

Age of Empires online (Free)
Resident Evil 5
Fuel
Flatout Ultimate Carnage
Dead Rising 2
Bulletstorm

Also you should check out some games on Steam, sometimes have very good deals on a few games.

Hairy Goo
01-12-2012, 11:44 PM
thanks guys!!! im glad i was told not to buy wheres waldo... that was my main choice haha...just teasing...and does halo 2 still run?!?! cause on xbl its down forever....ha...if so...ill get that...im a huge halo nerd...haha...but yeah i recently got into rts' and maybe ill check out lotr... i dont play games for achievements...this is my 2nd profile my other one i was playing for achievements too much and it got old...i just enjoy good games...i got shadowrun coming...i used to love that...and ill probably get fallout 3 and maybeeeeeee lotr....

GT- Hairy Goo

add me for a good time....hahahaha

PPsyclone
06-28-2013, 05:50 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Deific Aberrant
06-28-2013, 07:19 PM
The Steam Summer Sale is coming up soon. In the next 2 weeks or so. If you have Steam, I'd recommend watching for GFWL games to go on sale (or any PC games if you're interested).

Otherwise, the choices would be a bit harder since you'd most likely be buying higher prices for these older games unless there's a sale on amazon or something....which in most cases you redeem on Steam anyway.

There are 3 free games though - Age of Empire (online), Tinker, and Flight. Respectfully being....online RTS, puzzle game, flight simulator. So, it depends on your interests really...

I'm not sure if the Microsoft Marketplace still has a few of the games cheap, but you could find some elsewhere as others (and I) have stated previously.

As for if the PC could handle the game(s)...I'd assume it could since it's a Windows 7 machine. However, from what I've read on the internet is a few people run into issues trying to get older games to work on Windows 7, but there seems to always be a work around.
The only thing that would be iffy is a video card maybe...

EmporerDragon
06-29-2013, 07:11 AM
The Steam Summer Sale is coming up soon. In the next 2 weeks or so. If you have Steam, I'd recommend watching for GFWL games to go on sale (or any PC games if you're interested).

Though with Steam, you don't even need to wait for sales, they just throw them everywhere. For example, last week they had Rome: Total War for a buck just because. It's very easy to get spoiled with Steam's deals.

Zuxun
08-08-2013, 03:26 AM
www.systemrequirementslab.com/‎

See what games you're interested in that meet your systems hardware.

Rukieth
09-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Yep what Zuxun said.