PDA

View Full Version : MvC vs. UMvC Achievements

Krisko Disko
01-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Will any achievements I get in Marvel v Capcom 3 transfer over to Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (like in Super Street Fighter IV vs it's Arcade edition) or are these two separate achievement lists?

Sorry if this is a stupid and previously answered question, I just went back through 8 pages of forum posts and didn't see the solution so thought I'd ask quick. Thanks in advance.

Zechs Merquise
01-13-2012, 01:36 AM
Seperate games bro. New achievements for UmvC3.

boomdizzle 2
01-13-2012, 03:56 AM
and if I might add, more annoying achievements. 480 missions to beat with 50 characters including jill and shuma? Horseshit.

Zechs Merquise
01-13-2012, 05:58 PM
and if I might add, more annoying achievements. 480 missions to beat with 50 characters including jill and shuma? Horseshit.

Lol. I'm guessing you haven't played the SF4 series? Have you?

Didi Mau
01-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Lol. I'm guessing you haven't played the SF4 series? Have you?

I imagine you were just pointing out that those games asked for 100% completion, but frankly I'd say they're still less demanding achievements than the 480 in Ultimate. Luckily a lot of the missions become much easier if you can find a workaround with X-factor so both the series are more than doable, but the missions in general for Ultimate ask for a lot more out of the player than SSF4 ever did.

Definitely a game with much more annoying achievements than its predecessor either way, I agree with Boomdizzle. Spectating online matches for 30 hours is going to be boring as sin, glad I'm saving it for last.

Dennoman
01-14-2012, 10:31 AM
I'd say SFIV and SSFIV were more demanding for me as a 1k, but hey, that's just me. The most annoying part about the 1k for UMVC3 is finding a person to turbo the 30 online hours with.

Zechs Merquise
01-14-2012, 03:39 PM
I'd say SFIV and SSFIV were more demanding for me as a 1k, but hey, that's just me. The most annoying part about the 1k for UMVC3 is finding a person to turbo the 30 online hours with.

I agree with you bro, SF4 series was definitely way more demanding than MvC3 series. Mission/trial wise and achievement wise. Took me forever to get 90% in vanilla and months to get the original 1k in super. Also, for the 30 hour online achievement, you could get one other person, created a lobby with only 2 players allowed, toggle on both the spectate and fight acceptance and then go about your business. I just got to find someone to do this with.

Didi Mau
01-14-2012, 05:54 PM

Agreed, I was talking purely about the trials vs. missions- SSF4 is far more grindy online than Marvel for a full 1k, but the trials are mostly focused around one frame links which are extremely similar to each other once you get to used to it. When it comes to execution for your left hand, SF4 is few and far between (Ibuki's #23 is the only one I consider to be hard on the left hand, personally) while Marvel treats it quite equally with button presses and links due to the nature of how combos work in the game.

IceKingz
01-14-2012, 09:32 PM
All I know is the 30 hours online achievement is pretty ridiculous especially if you aren't serious about the online. >_> The trials also compare with SSF4 on difficulty but for different reasons as mentioned.