PDA

View Full Version : Kinect Interupts Netflix/Hulu

QueenDeadite
01-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Does anyone else's Kinect start to rewind tv shows/movies from lines off of whatever you are watching? This happens to me all the time if the sensor is plugged in.

Ceris
01-13-2012, 06:23 PM
I never used my Kinect, but my friend told me that his Kinect stopped the movie because someone in the movie yelled "STOP" really loudly. Just try disconnecting the kinect, or it will try to take voice commands. Or keep the Kinect away from the TV so it wont interpret the movie as Voice Commands.

Veedrock
01-13-2012, 08:07 PM
I never used my Kinect, but my friend told me that his Kinect stopped the movie because someone in the movie yelled "STOP" really loudly. Just try disconnecting the kinect, or it will try to take voice commands. Or keep the Kinect away from the TV so it wont interpret the movie as Voice Commands.

It doesn't work like that; to prompt voice commands you first have to say "Xbox." So unless the movie said "Xbox stop" then Kinect shouldn't respond.

At the original post, I have experienced some oddities with Hulu/Netflix, like it backing out of menus and pressing random buttons, but I don't think it actually has anything to do with Kinect (again because it seems to be simulating button presses).

TwinTipZ
01-22-2012, 07:16 PM
I have the same things happen to me. However, one does need to say "xbox" first before the commands can be made. Its definitely an issue with the app itself

Hanseas
01-23-2012, 10:04 PM
I feel so newbie didnt know u can use Netflix with Kinect @_@, or just voice command?.. cause i cant move anything with my hands. Ty for the info.,

Worhammer
01-24-2012, 07:47 PM
I think you gotta wave at it first, like on the dashboard.

Maybe I'm wrong, though. It's easier to just use a controller IMO.

Pyrochaos
01-24-2012, 08:07 PM
I think you gotta wave at it first, like on the dashboard.

Maybe I'm wrong, though. It's easier to just use a controller IMO.

No, it's actually always on voice command when the sensor is on. I had to turn my off when not using it, because Netflix always paused or did something even when I hadn't used Kinect that day.

SuperPowerKill
02-04-2013, 01:08 AM
It doesn't work like that; to prompt voice commands you first have to say "Xbox." So unless the movie said "Xbox stop" then Kinect shouldn't respond.

At the original post, I have experienced some oddities with Hulu/Netflix, like it backing out of menus and pressing random buttons, but I don't think it actually has anything to do with Kinect (again because it seems to be simulating button presses).
^
This is BS.

QueenDeadite (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=491908), I've had similar issues. Was just watching one of the first three episodes of Dr. Who (2005) on Netflix a few hours ago and the show was paused by what they said and there where a couple of times where I had issues with it wanting to skip to the next episode. It was quiet frustrating. I always thought that you had to say 'Xbox' first, unless the Kinect was misinterpreting what they said. But then it was quiet clear when they said 'stop'. :-/

Imma go through the audio setup again and see if that helps. Will keep ya updated. ^_^

SuperPowerKill
02-04-2013, 03:42 AM
Nope, the video still stopped when some one on the TV said 'stop' :(

Lirpa93
03-30-2013, 09:35 AM
I've been having a lot of issues with this lately.

No idea why.

I've noticed my kinect confuses 'shut up' sometimes with stop.

It's in a place where it's hard to connect and disconnect it, so it's been quite aggravating. O_O