PDA

View Full Version : Get Ready For Next Gen Gaming

Fenrir767
08-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Even though the 360 has been out for about 2 years I was wondering who here thinks we've gotten into the next generation of gaming yet. From what I've seen I don't think were quite there yet, sure there have been some amazing titles that push the limits of graphics and do some new concepts like gears of war. But a lot of the really fun game aren't all that next gen in terms of gameplay

Marvel's Ultimate Alliance is X-men legends rehased
Lego Star Wars is available on older consoles.
Stranglehold while it does new stuff is pretty much an upgraded Max Paine ( I still want to own this game though)

I could go into more detail but not really any point in it.
I'm just wondering if anyone like myself feels that next gen is really about to start now for the 360 with revolutionary games like Rock Band, Mass Effect, Frontlines Fuel of War, The Force Unleashed and others on the way. Anyhow 360's future is looking bright.

Vampire x360a
08-12-2007, 01:24 PM
soem games dont need to be next gen to be fun !! look at shadowrun that isnt next gen, and its liked amongst many gamers

sarezjay
08-12-2007, 01:25 PM
With what we already have this generation, I'm curious to see what they can cook up for the next generation. We already have great graphics, great online connectivity, etc.

I wonder if Microsoft and Sony will have true motion controls for their next systems. Doesn't seem like they wouldn't, since Nintendo is setting a great example with the Wii.

infradude
08-12-2007, 01:29 PM
When the orange box comes out then its going to be next gen! ;)

Fenrir767
08-12-2007, 01:34 PM
I am so not ragging on the current generation games. If its fun,its fun I have Shadowrun and love it except for those god damn trolls. But its a good game, I was just wondering what people are thinking now that we have some games that are looking at redifining how we game coming out

sln333
08-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Sure, we're getting into the next gen now. With games like Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, and others soon to come out we are starting to see a change in gaming. Many games coming out in the upcoming months have considerably better graphics than previous 360 titles. Bioshock has a great story like The Darkness did, and it makes you find your own way to do things. CoD 4 focuses on new multiplayer and leaves behind the WWII era. I see what you mean with the gameplay though. However, now is when games come out that have great gameplay. Stranglehold has great gameplay even though it may be similar to other games, and games like Rock Band let people live out realistic experiences in a game. I can't wait until next year, because there will be so many games coming out then that I'm sure will even blow away this year's games.

M7.Ninja
08-12-2007, 04:31 PM
People say the next wave starts with the Madden NFL '08 release. I disagree.

The next wave must start with a hit. BioShock will literally begin our sumberge into the ocean of new games.

Fenrir767
08-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Definitely the next games are starting not now but in a few months