PDA

View Full Version : Ryder White DLC Releasing 1st Feb *updated with Trailer

Hayden
01-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Deep Silver today announced the upcoming release of a brand new story DLC for the award-winning game Dead Island.

This DLC offers a unique new perspective into the incidents in the main story of Dead Island: This time the player will get the chance to play as Ryder White, the antagonist of the main game; learn more about his motivations and why, from his point of view, he did what he had to do. This fresh take on the Dead Island story shows Ryder White both as a military man and a loving husband.

The DLC stars Ryder White as a newly playable character and offers a single player campaign with several hours of story content with twists and turns that will shed new light on the game’s happenings. Two blueprints and weapons will further expand the already impressive arsenal of Dead Island.

The DLC will be available on February 01, 2012 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. It will be available for 800 Microsoft points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace or for £7.99 on PSN and Steam.

Dead Island Ryder White Campaign Trailer [Europe] - YouTube

amacteur
01-16-2012, 02:33 PM
I've just seen that on their FB page.

I'm wondering if this DLC will include any new cheevs :confused:

ChickinOnaChain
01-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Good to know! As long as it's not MP, I'll buy it. Man...it's been 2-3 months since I played DI, no that I think about it.

Hayden
01-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Good to know! As long as it's not MP, I'll buy it. Man...it's been 2-3 months since I played DI, no that I think about it.

No new achievements with the DLC.

TriRock
01-16-2012, 07:04 PM

Achievements would have been the only reason for me to buy more content for this glitch-ridden [insert favourite explicit here].

joshnorm
01-17-2012, 12:22 AM

Oh really that makes me really 2nd guess me buying this. I was hoping for more achievements but I guess since they already bumped it up to 250 during a quarter (isn't that the limit) I guess I will pass....

until its on sale.

KIDDRAGON67
01-17-2012, 04:09 AM
Oh really that makes me really 2nd guess me buying this. I was hoping for more achievements but I guess since they already bumped it up to 250 during a quarter (isn't that the limit) I guess I will pass....

until its on sale.

Bloodbath was released in Q4 2011. The Ryder white DLC will be Q1 2012. I'm pretty sure the limit is 250g per quarter (Which can either be in one hit or divided up, but i'm not 100% on that)

Maynard EFC93
01-17-2012, 06:24 AM

Source?

Not saying your wrong but would be shocked if they missed a trick by not giving this DLC achievements :confused:

Hayden
01-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Source?

Not saying your wrong but would be shocked if they missed a trick by not giving this DLC achievements :confused:

I work at Deepsilver ;)

Hansathan
01-17-2012, 10:34 AM
I work at Deepsilver ;)

Well, that's as good a source as possible then haha. Thanks for the info.

The Pants Party
01-17-2012, 12:33 PM
I work at Deepsilver ;)

Did you tell them they're going to lose a TON of sales not adding achievements?

*hand in the air* :o

merzitar
01-18-2012, 02:57 AM
I love Dead Island, but as much as I love the game, I won't buy this DLC without achievements.

Necrophage33
01-18-2012, 10:55 PM

I love Dead Island, but as much as I love the game, I won't buy this DLC without achievements.

Agreed. After the ridiculously frustrating continual freezing during the Bloodbath DLC, I'll pass on this DLC, especially without any achievements. I'd like to play more DLC for this game, but I have no confidence that I'll be able to enjoy it without any problems.

Syrinx
01-19-2012, 11:08 AM

This guy is completely right, I myself want the dlc but I won't pay full price for it without achievements, but of there were achievements I'd problely be one of the first to download it. I speak for many people when I say put achievements in it or I won't but it. Really need to sort it!!!

Inebriated Jedi
01-19-2012, 10:47 PM
I hate to sound like a broken record here, but unless there's achievements, I'm only going to purchase this if it's on sale.

DFB 1708
01-22-2012, 12:18 AM
I hate to sound like a broken record here, but unless there's achievements, I'm only going to purchase this if it's on sale.

^Agreed^.
Also you work at Deep Silver :O. Can't wait for Risen 2 :).

sera07
01-22-2012, 01:16 AM

Ready to trade :p

Motorexskygtr32
01-22-2012, 01:03 PM
My friend and I were pumped for this game's new additional DLC until I read this thread and felt like "WTF", why no achievements?

It's pretty shocked and so disappointing if this guy claimed to be a deepsilver employee that he stated it will be no achievements for new Ryder DLC.

For your future reference, Deepsilver and Techland...no buy for me if it doesnt have achievements along with a new DLC, period. Majority here will tell you the same thing.

ISSERMIR
01-23-2012, 07:37 PM
No achievements, no buy for me. I really was looking forword to this DLC

MyGood
01-24-2012, 03:27 PM
I wish they had gone bigger (like making Ryder a character for the main campaign with Charon as the new final boss and a NEW skill tree with 59 skill points to go to town with), but alas i will still buy. What i really want to know is how will old blueprints be craftable if we are stuck in the prison. To quote Ryder's bio "I got a bad feeling about this ...."

xvx Foot xvx
01-24-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm going to have to throw my hat in with everyone else. I was really looking forward to this until I read this thread... =(. I may still get it when it's on sale, or later, but I have other games that have DLC with achievements that I haven't downloaded yet, so those will take priority.

-foot

Grimfel
01-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Just to make it a tiny bit clearer we are the majority... no achievements no DLC being bought.

It's just not worth it... as was said above me, there are plenty of other games with plenty of Achievement oriented DLC that I can get...

Not sure why to this devs STILL think they can get by without DLC... WTF people?

ThaMyth
01-25-2012, 03:46 AM
damn i was hype as fuckkkkkkkkkkkk for the dlc, but nothing new but some blueprints? shittttttttttttttttttttttt ill stick to the arena, and snag this when its cheaper than cheap, thanks for the heads up!

Hayden
01-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Updated original post with Trailer.

xSILENTxHUNTERx
01-26-2012, 07:25 PM
No achievements = NO BUY.....

Motorexskygtr32
01-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Updated original post with Trailer.

Hayden, seriously if you claimed to be a Deepsilver employee then you should have give us an answer on why there is no achievements for new Ryder White DLC. We have a right to know.

I read the updated news about the new DLC and find no information whatsoever on achievements which I find this very disappointment. Like I said eariler, you won't get my money out of my pocket as the majority here said it as well.

I think it is time for me to sell Dead Island today as I bought it brand new last month since I am done with all achievements including DLC.

Creeping monte
01-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Im soooo sad, i loved this game and was stoked. Even bought a new MSP card yesterday. No cheevs?! Really? Does it cost developers to have achievements?
I bet it costs more to not sell someting you paid employees to develop. Ill watch it on youtube.

Miramax7000
01-26-2012, 08:52 PM
The trailer looks great! Strange that they put achievements in the Bloodbath DLC but not this.

JuSt BLaZe
01-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Just watched the trailer on the main page, looks aiight BUT NO ACHIEVEMENTS = I'LL PASS.

AgEnT STARZz
01-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Was quite interested until i saw there would be no achievements! Its the only reason why i (and most others) buy the DLC for anygame

MERLINMAGIC1978
01-30-2012, 01:48 PM
seriously no achvs!? that sucks big time, I won't be buying this if there are no achvs. :eek::(:(:uzi:
Come on Hayden, if you work for deepsilver, please explain why no achvs were added for this dlc

VaiBeatFoo
01-31-2012, 05:07 AM
I just picked up a points card for this FML, no achievements will keep me from downloading this!

Trombonafide
01-31-2012, 10:46 PM
The first bullet to the knee for this was its instability. But all other things being equal, I would have played it.

The second bullet in the other knee came with the announcement that it would be an entirely single player campaign. While I enjoy my single player games, dropping multiplayer support from a game constructed entirely around it seems like a terrible idea.

The final bullet, straight to the forehead, was the lack of achievements. Its sad to say, but the inclusion of achievements in DLC can often be the incentive to play it if it was otherwise not worth the cost/time/fun. However, Deep Silver has given me zero reason to play this expansion. No co-op support or achievements in a glitchy, unstable game that I have to pay extra for? Nope.

tvsr
01-31-2012, 11:31 PM
seriously no achvs!? that sucks big time, I won't be buying this if there are no achvs. :eek::(:(:uzi:
Come on Hayden, if you work for deepsilver, please explain why no achvs were added for this dlc

this is exactly what i was wondering also. it doesn't make any sense.

musicman4523
02-01-2012, 02:45 AM
Really wish I had read this forum ahead of time and saw there were no achievements so I wouldn't have bought a code for it today while I was out. Waste of $10. Seriously, why the Hell would you release a DLC with no achievements? Do they not realize that a lot of people will skip this without added gamerscore? I haven't played it yet, and wish I could return it now. Nobody had the achievements listed for this, but I just assumed they would be posted later. It's just bad business to release DLC without achievements nowadays because you're going to miss out on revenue.

Grimfel
02-01-2012, 03:30 AM
Really wish I had read this forum ahead of time and saw there were no achievements so I wouldn't have bought a code for it today while I was out. Waste of $10. Seriously, why the Hell would you release a DLC with no achievements? Do they not realize that a lot of people will skip this without added gamerscore? I haven't played it yet, and wish I could return it now. Nobody had the achievements listed for this, but I just assumed they would be posted later. It's just bad business to release DLC without achievements nowadays because you're going to miss out on revenue.

Sorry mate... Future reference... from what I have seen on here (and someone please correct me if I am wrong) is that IF there are cheevs they usually come out on this site or at least xbox live a week before hand if not more.
At least that's my reference point. If I haven't seen anything about cheevs that far ahead I come on here an ask.

leftoverzombie
02-01-2012, 11:02 AM

that's a shit ton waste of money that is.

Drucifer82
02-05-2012, 09:54 AM
I just got this game a few weeks ago, still haven't played Bloodbath, but I still bought Ryder. Still haven't finished the main story, but I don't care. I love this game and I will buy the DLC, cheevs or no.

Drucifer82
02-05-2012, 09:59 AM

until its on sale.

250 may be the quarterly limit, but it's not the total cap. Borderlands had 1750.

Grimfel
02-05-2012, 03:41 PM
I just got this game a few weeks ago, still haven't played Bloodbath, but I still bought Ryder. Still haven't finished the main story, but I don't care. I love this game and I will buy the DLC, cheevs or no.

Unfortunately you are not alone... as such Devs will continue to release half ass DLC's with no achievements (which let's be honest... is a MAJOR selling point for a large portion of gamers) just to grab a few extra dollars...

If you're going to rip me off with crap DLC at least have the courtesy to give some achievements with it.

Drucifer82
02-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Unfortunately you are not alone... as such Devs will continue to release half ass DLC's with no achievements (which let's be honest... is a MAJOR selling point for a large portion of gamers) just to grab a few extra dollars...

If you're going to rip me off with crap DLC at least have the courtesy to give some achievements with it.

Not to be crude, but what did people like those complaining about the lack of cheevs do before cheevs/trophies existed? Did you simply not play games?

I like my achievements, too but sometimes I think it ruins gaming. What ever happened to playing a game for the experience and the satisfaction of completing it?

I remember playing games like The Suffering where you had to fight through hordes of demons and barely get out alive and your reward for doing so was flashlight batteries, and you were damned happy to have those flashlight batteries.

Grimfel
02-06-2012, 05:08 AM
Not to be crude, but what did people like those complaining about the lack of cheevs do before cheevs/trophies existed? Did you simply not play games?

I like my achievements, too but sometimes I think it ruins gaming. What ever happened to playing a game for the experience and the satisfaction of completing it?

I remember playing games like The Suffering where you had to fight through hordes of demons and barely get out alive and your reward for doing so was flashlight batteries, and you were damned happy to have those flashlight batteries.

I totally understand what you are saying. Honestly I am right there with ya. I loved those days. I played through FFIX 3+ times!! 2 of those times I actually got a perfect save! I understand what it is to love a game for the sake of the game. I played MMO's for YEARS!
Personally, I have 2 reasons why that is no longer true though.
1. Achievements - Like it or not, they are here to stay. Also, they have become a major way of gauging your progress as a gamer. Some people put more stock in it than others but ultimately it is a tangible and lasting reflection (albeit "stupid" or "pointless" to those that are outside the gaming world) of how much time and effort you have put into gaming. My gaming experience has come to rely solidly upon that familiar sound when an achievement unlocks. It's part of the experience for me. So since that is important to me, since I have such a limited time frame in which to play, between wife and 3 kids, full time job, and now schools full time, I'm going to devote time to the games that give me that. For varying reasons I feel that the majority of gamers (although that may be changing now with the expanding demographics) share that sense of wanting a reward in the way of GS.
2. Games just aren't like they used to be. There are very few games now that I would dump serious hours into without a reward of GS. Now this comes down to personal preference, but for me unless it's an RPG, chances are I won't do it without achievements. It's different for different people... guaranteed.

TL : DR - 1. Achievements are the new unlockables that drive people to play. They are bragging rights. 2. Games just aren't what they used to be.

The Pants Party
02-06-2012, 12:48 PM

My thing is about the DLC to a game. I won't avoid an entire game based on its achievements, but if there are other games I want to play and DLC for something I've completed comes out, there is way less chance of me coming back to it at that point unless the DLC just sounds ridiculously awesome. Like I'd have played all the Borderlands DLC (minus Moxxi) regardless. This... not so much.

Grimfel
02-07-2012, 01:26 AM
My thing is about the DLC to a game. I won't avoid an entire game based on its achievements, but if there are other games I want to play and DLC for something I've completed comes out, there is way less chance of me coming back to it at that point unless the DLC just sounds ridiculously awesome. Like I'd have played all the Borderlands DLC (minus Moxxi) regardless. This... not so much.

This too... well put as always Pants. :goodpost

Drucifer82
02-07-2012, 10:07 AM

When you put it like that it makes sense. I spend a lot of time on a game I buy anyway before moving on to another one, so for me it's less about the cheevs and more about the experience of the game.

V8Killa248
02-07-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't understand why any game would put out DLC without Gamerscore? Everybody knows the fans love getting achievements. Blows my mind.