PDA

View Full Version : BioShock Demo up on XBLM!

Yoshi6107
08-13-2007, 02:10 AM
Anyone played it yet? I'm downloading as we speak... and am VERY excited.

Bullet2theface
08-13-2007, 02:12 AM
nope, will check it out.

DoM cAbAn
08-13-2007, 02:15 AM
Oh wow. Once my dad goes to sleep and stops using the T.V. I'm definately going to start this download! Thanks for the heads-up about it. :)

sack-gobbler
08-13-2007, 02:25 AM
great news ima have to download it right away.

Yoshi6107
08-13-2007, 02:30 AM
Oh man, I just got booted off of XBL, at only 11%! NO!!!

Vista
08-13-2007, 02:38 AM
dwnlding now!!

thecrazyguy
08-13-2007, 02:44 AM
trying to download, but having problems with xbox live?? Maybe to many people trying to download right now, oh well, cant wait to give this a try.

celr831
08-13-2007, 02:55 AM
I didnt know it was out. I'm going to have to dpwnload it when I get home after work.

Conker Rules All
08-13-2007, 02:59 AM
wow putting up a demo when the game comes out in nearly a week but i can't wait

Jdm
08-13-2007, 03:01 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I will download it as soon as my lil' bro hops off.

Conker Rules All
08-13-2007, 03:02 AM
the download is not working its staying atm 1% for like 10 minutes but everyone needs to stop downloading so i can download it lol:p

BackerMan
08-13-2007, 03:06 AM
cool, i'm going to check it out now

Yoshi6107
08-13-2007, 03:32 AM
Man it's going SUPER slow... looks like I might have to just let this one download and play it in the morning...

sawman90
08-13-2007, 03:58 AM
sickk!!! i have to get a copy when it comes out!!! I jsut got done playing the demo

JacePro
08-13-2007, 04:33 AM
Awesome. I'll have to check this out. Thanks!

Mr Hey
08-13-2007, 05:01 AM
takes fucking forever to download

ThrillKillBill
08-13-2007, 05:07 AM
OmFG! That was the absolute sickest demo i've played in ages! Not only will I buy this the day it comes out, I'll be stopping on my way to work to pre-order it. (guess I better make a lunch)

Simply great

RedstaR
08-13-2007, 05:09 AM
w00t, dling now.

DoM cAbAn
08-13-2007, 05:42 AM
Oh god, it's only at 27% after already maybe two hours. I guess I'll be playing the demo tomorrow... :(

XxCARBONKIDxX
08-13-2007, 05:43 AM
omg cool thanks

graf1k
08-13-2007, 05:44 AM
Fucking this has been downloading since 10:00pm and it's only like 75%!

ravensfanyuya
08-13-2007, 06:06 AM
im downloading it too...im freakin physiced (how ever you spell that...lol)

Senor
08-13-2007, 06:29 AM
Anyone played it yet? I'm downloading as we speak... and am VERY excited.
Your lucky, Ive been downloading since 10:15 and only on 27%.

thecrazyguy
08-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Well its official, the wait to August 21 just became one of the longest and most difficult waits ever! And by that I mean this is the most amazing game (or demo) I have ever played hands down.

Honestly words just dont describe how amazing it is. I would say in my opinion this is a serious contender for game of the year.

Anyway, I gotta get back to playing the demo again. lol :)

Bluntman428
08-13-2007, 08:08 AM
Bloody hell, I won't be able to play this for another month or more. Sucks cause I spent the money for the pre-order too.

Freakin' ring of death. :mad:

JAYSTAMX
08-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Downloading now, can't wait! :D

graf1k
08-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Best.demo.ever.

spikedzombies
08-13-2007, 10:09 AM
i have 10mb cable connection and it took from 8pm Pacific time to 2am Pacific time to fully download it.

This games is ... well..

OMG WTF I WANT IT I WANT IT I FREAKIN WANT IT NOW!

codedigital
08-13-2007, 10:39 AM
I let it download overnight and played it this morning before I came into work. Man this game is fantastic. Lives up to all the dreams I've had about it.

I had download issues too. My roommate started it at 9:45 because I was at a concert...when I got home at 11:30 it was still only at 30% and stayed there until I went to sleep. But it was there this morning :woop:

Comon ST
08-13-2007, 11:58 AM
There is no problem with the downloading. More people who download means a longer wait. I got lucky that I only had to go through that once, on a smaller scale. (Halo 3 Beta)

Vista
08-13-2007, 12:31 PM
I downloaded it the minute it came out cause I was on marketplace and it popped up. Still took me about 45 mins- 1 hour

Zef
08-13-2007, 12:39 PM
I heard nothing about a demo until I saw someone's locked thread about it =o

I guess this is a good opportunity to see whether the pre-order was a good idea, still plenty of time to cancel it if somehow it has been screwed up.

Comon ST
08-13-2007, 12:41 PM
I found out about it while I watched The Kill Point on Spike. The game looks good, but I feel its going to be a pass from me. Just doesn't look as good as it should be.

... I'm gonna get flamed for that.

Lunacy182
08-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Oh great. I started downloading it last night and heard about the background downloader. So I turned my 360 off. Didn't know you had to enable it in settings first.
Oh well, at 45% now.

SRH KRONIC
08-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Holy shit this games so fucking sweet, when it went from cinimatic to gameplay at the begging i relle couldnt tell at all, i was just sitting there in the water woundering y the guy wasnt moving :) ive already preordered and am gettin first day i cant wait looks amazing....... only prob i dont no if u guys had it but on the begging videos(lik where the game companys have a short video displaying there game company) on the 2k Boston Australia one it was lagging lik crazy it would skip every lik .5 sec.... hope actual game doesnt chock the 360

Wolf
08-13-2007, 01:54 PM
It was at 1% when I went to bed. Last time a download started at 1% was for Prince of Persia, and those 50MB took roughly two and one half hours to download. I bet it's still downloading right now.

Fucking this has been downloading since 10:00pm and it's only like 75%!Is your signature image from City of God?

graf1k
08-13-2007, 02:40 PM
It was at 1% when I went to bed. Last time a download started at 1% was for Prince of Persia, and those 50MB took roughly two and one half hours to download. I bet it's still downloading right now.

Is your signature image from City of God?

Yes it is.

As for Bioshock, like I said on another forum, before the demo I was counting the days left until August 21st. Now I'm counting the hours...

Maybe this demo should be enough for the skeptical people to try before they buy and realize graf1k is never wrong.

Vista
08-13-2007, 02:46 PM
I really didn't like the demo that much, the stranglehold demo was sooo much better

JOHN WOO FTW!!

Wolf
08-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Maybe this demo should be enough for the skeptical people to try before they buy and realize graf1k is never wrong.Do you think City of God is a good film?

SegaSaturnSNK
08-13-2007, 04:19 PM
I was really impressed over the demo. Real good stuff and I love the elements they put in the game with side powers and all that (fire, electricity, and etc.). Game looks real good too. Good stuff and def. a must buy for me now.

Unearth4164
08-13-2007, 04:43 PM
I would say this game, deficiently lives up to the hype.

Krueger
08-13-2007, 04:46 PM
this game has taken over 4 hours with is so annoying i want to play so bad

viciousmental56
08-13-2007, 04:48 PM
d/l it, played it, wasent sure before wether i should get it but now i know i am getting it, the demo was great

graf1k
08-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Do you think City of God is a good film?

I love it. One of my favorites, why?

Xterm1n8or
08-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Mine is only at 71% after 9, yes 9! hours :eek: I know it is in high demand but i have never had a demo take this long to download, i mean there was quite a big demand when the forza 2 demo was first released and that only took me 1 hour to download, this demo better be worth the wait, and reading peoples various comments, i think it will be :)

Krueger
08-13-2007, 06:09 PM
after 5 hours finally got this game is GOD

Rand al Thor 19
08-13-2007, 06:11 PM
If you do not buy this game when it comes out, you are part of the problem. Bioshock is going to be a gaming masterpiece. And if you're not sure about the game, go play the demo. It's unbelievable.

ThrillKillBill
08-13-2007, 06:14 PM
If you do not buy this game when it comes out, you are part of the problem. Bioshock is going to be a gaming masterpiece. And if you're not sure about the game, go play the demo. It's unbelievable.

I support this statement 100% ! I had thought I would get the game but I wasn't sure if I'd like it..... after trying the demo last night, I already love it

Comon ST
08-13-2007, 06:15 PM
What happens if we don't...

Graf1k is never wrong...

Smokez
08-13-2007, 06:24 PM
I would have to say I am unhappy with the demo. Took about 6 hours to download only to be able to play for about 30 minutes. It looks good and was fun but I wish it was longer. I can already tell that when the game comes out I will be playing it on Hard since medium wasn't even a challenge at all.

ThrillKillBill
08-13-2007, 06:28 PM
I would have to say I am unhappy with the demo. Took about 6 hours to download only to be able to play for about 30 minutes. It looks good and was fun but I wish it was longer. I can already tell that when the game comes out I will be playing it on Hard since medium wasn't even a challenge at all.

I agree, i'll be trying hard as well but to point out one thing. We haven't tried to kill one of those "Big Daddies" yet..... they look tough ;)

Wolf
08-13-2007, 08:39 PM
I love it. One of my favorites, why?You said you were never wrong.

Dashman232
08-13-2007, 08:49 PM
It takes forever, i was downloading it for a hour and it was 11 %

Folkren
08-13-2007, 09:23 PM
This game is teh Sex, I wasnt sure if I was gonna get it but damn is it good.

Wolf
08-13-2007, 09:45 PM
I just played it. I was extremely disappointed with the opening plane crash sequence. The water was glitchy and the graphics were horrendous. However, one I set foot upon the lighthouse steps, all qualms with the game ceased. It was beautiful. Hiring a person whose sole job was to create realistic water effects was a genius move from that point onward. The gameplay is outstanding; challenging, engaging, not frustrating. It gives a perfect introduction to the mood and atmosphere of Bioshock, and, I'll admit it, I'm scared to descend farther into Rapture but I know I could never stop myself from doing so. From the slice they gave us, I find it hard to believe any other first-person game coming out this year could be better.

Xterm1n8or
08-13-2007, 09:51 PM
I just played it. I was extremely disappointed with the opening plane crash sequence. The water was glitchy and the graphics were horrendous. However, one I set foot upon the lighthouse steps, all qualms with the game ceased. It was beautiful. Hiring a person whose sole job was to create realistic water effects was a genius move from that point onward. The gameplay is outstanding; challenging, engaging, not frustrating. It gives a perfect introduction to the mood and atmosphere of Bioshock, and, I'll admit it, I'm scared to descend farther into Rapture but I know I could never stop myself from doing so. From the slice they gave us, I find it hard to believe any other first-person game coming out this year could be better.

:goodpostWolf, i couldn't agree with your comments more. This game feels different to play,away from the norm, and i like it. A lot.

graf1k
08-13-2007, 09:53 PM
You said you were never wrong.

Fucking right. I never said you are never wrong though.

JonnyC VT
08-13-2007, 09:57 PM
I wanna be wrong, is that right?

Love,
~Jonny

Wolf
08-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Fucking right. I never said you are never wrong though.I don't know. The Benny gets shot sequence was one of the best of the 2000's but everything else I can take or leave. I really do need to see it again but I wasn't too thrilled with my first viewing.

You were certainly right about Bioshock, though.

But now I'm confused.

XxCARBONKIDxX
08-13-2007, 10:05 PM
:( I can't download it because of my usage restrictions. Anyway is it good?

DoM cAbAn
08-14-2007, 05:09 AM
I just finished playing it, and I thought it was great. Nice graphics, cool gameplay. I'll definately buy it.

Krazie
08-14-2007, 05:22 AM
This is easily one of the most beautiful games I have ever seen. I was anticipating this game A LOT as it was, but after playing the demo, August 21st cant come soon enough!

The environment and graphics are so incredible just from the first 30 minutes! It really does look like it will be a gaming masterpiece, and I hope it doesnt disappoint, but just from the opening scenes, I don't think it will. I have a feeling its gonna be one of those games that you'll hate yourself for playing it late at night with the lights off.

This game is a must buy. I can't remember the last game I played where I was literally sitting there on the edge of my seat with my mouth wide open the entire time.

Demander
08-14-2007, 06:28 AM
You said you were never wrong.

Perhaps it's not the Seventh Seal, but somewhat an important and good film, you're right for this decade.

BioShock looks like the hype machine has been brewing a while, demo was kinda fun but I wasn't floored by any means.

graf1k
08-14-2007, 09:07 AM
I don't know. The Benny gets shot sequence was one of the best of the 2000's but everything else I can take or leave. I really do need to see it again but I wasn't too thrilled with my first viewing.

You were certainly right about Bioshock, though.

But now I'm confused.

You can't honestly say it's a bad movie.

lewigi2012
08-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Just got back from playing it. Absolutely stunning!
I SO want this game now lol

Wolf
08-14-2007, 03:36 PM
You can't honestly say it's a bad movie.Probably not; there's too much potential in the subject matter and the director certainly was working diligently on creating his own style, but though I can't really say it was a bad movie, I can't say it's a particularly good one, either. I don't know. Maybe I just don't like the style the director was trying to create. I thought the Constant Gardener was awful.

Wreckon Dracgon
08-14-2007, 03:50 PM
As I've stated for months, and months now Two Worlds and BioShock are the games I've looked forward to all year. Throw in Mass Effect and Army of Two and my 2007 is complete.

I've so longed to play Two Worlds that it's not even funny. I'd always said I'd play Two Worlds for a good couple weeks and then play BioShock, but after playing that demo

I may have to play each a few hours a day, I hate breaking up my gameplay in such a manner but BioShock is simply awesome. If the final product lives up to the high hopes one has for it, this could be Game of the Year material.

Anyone who has not downloaded the demo, do yourself a favor and do so now... it is truly awesome.

teh x3nomorph
08-14-2007, 03:57 PM
I hate Demo's .. I mean I absolutely hate them.

But .. Im considering downloading this. Tell me honestly .. is it worth it?

Zef
08-14-2007, 04:01 PM
It does look phenominally good. I was beginning to get slightly sceptical and thought I might cancel my pre-order and get it later, but now I have witnessed the game first hand I know better =)

I even broke my tradition of sticking the brightness up and kept it in the raw setting and it worked wonders. It is visually beyond impressive, everything in the game feels right so far. The only bad point is that it ended so soon =( I just hope it isn't split into definite levels, I want to be able to wander around Rapture to have a bit of an explore.

And yes, it IS worth downloading.

I also have a mini spoiler, nothing major (possibly).

When you first go into the lighthouse/whatever, turn to your right and read the banner that is hanging down. It says something about a Parasite. Anti-surface propaganda or some dodginess in Rapture? It could explain the whole ADAM thing, evil, corrupt little girls with something inside that everyone wants and needs for survival. Just a bit of speculation.

DeW222
08-14-2007, 04:15 PM
I hate Demo's .. I mean I absolutely hate them.

But .. Im considering downloading this. Tell me honestly .. is it worth it?

It's definitely worth it. I downloaded it and have played through it twice. It's quick, but in that short time you can absolutely feast on all the visual details everywhere. It's also one thing to read/watch how inventive you can be in the game, it's another to experience it.

teh x3nomorph
08-14-2007, 04:18 PM
I think I might try this tonight then.

I just hate demo's because they are usually so choppy and I think it takes away from the actual game as a whole. I was on the fence about BioShock, but everyone seems to have great things to say about it.

I shall post my thoughts tonight!

Zef
08-14-2007, 04:23 PM
That's if you can actually download it in time =P I only managed 50% yesterday, luckily I got on early this morning and snuck in a few hours of downloading whilst less people were on and also trying.

You won't regret trying it, even if you hate it then at least you will know how insane you are.

Exane22
08-14-2007, 04:26 PM
I think I might try this tonight then.

I just hate demo's because they are usually so choppy and I think it takes away from the actual game as a whole. I was on the fence about BioShock, but everyone seems to have great things to say about it.

I shall post my thoughts tonight!

I was the same as you until i played the demo. With 2 worlds coming out around the same time (now the same day) i never even thought about buying this game. But as soon as the demo started and your in the water i was like this is a pretty cool cut scene, looks pretty good. Then nothing really happened so i started moving the joy stick. I was like get the fuck out of here, this is the game :eek: i spent the first moments in awe. Seriously you will c what i mean when you play it. Now im taking some money that i was going to use for some speakers for my truck and im going to get this.

At first i was looking forward to 2 worlds and gave no never mind to bioshock. Now the tables have turned thanks to the demo. Im still going to DT it up in 2 worlds but i think bioshock is coming first :D

DeW222
08-14-2007, 04:28 PM

If you're on the fence about Bioshock then I'm willing to bet that the demo will give you a little boost over and you'll like it. The game also isn't choppy at all. It runs very cleanly, starting at the very beginning of the game and running from there. You experience about the first 30 minutes of gameplay (can take longer if you're like me and choose to read everything)

& like Zef said, it can take a while to download. I began downloading it early yesterday and just let it download while I played through Transformers. If you downloaded the Blue Dragon demo then you'll know about how long it'll take.

But as soon as the demo started and your in the water i was like this is a pretty cool cut scene, looks pretty good. Then nothing really happened so i started moving the joy stick. I was like get the fuck out of here, this is the game :eek: i spent the first moments in awe.

I had the same reaction! I was looking at fire on water for about 2 minutes before I thought to myself "maybe I should try moving..." haha

Wreckon Dracgon
08-14-2007, 04:41 PM
But as soon as the demo started and your in the water i was like this is a pretty cool cut scene, looks pretty good. Then nothing really happened so i started moving the joy stick. I was like get the fuck out of here, this is the game i spent the first moments in awe.

I had the same reaction! I was looking at fire on water for about 2 minutes before I thought to myself "maybe I should try moving..." hahaThat makes me feel so much better because I swear I sat there looking at the TV for a good two minutes thinking to myself "Damn this is one beautiful looking game, but come on end this cinematic intro". Then my son knocked the controller out of my hand and he moved and I was just :eek: this is the game.

SRH KRONIC
08-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Yea alot of my firends didnt want to download it cause of its 1.35GB file size... so i made a video of a play through, and here it is

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SRHxKRONIC

Wreckon Dracgon
08-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Although I'm sure your video may or may not be legit... I cannot view it for fear of being Rick Roll'd therefore I do not view random video posts. I have a reputation to maintain.

Exane22
08-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Although I'm sure your video may or may not be legit... I cannot view it for fear of being Rick Roll'd therefore I do not view random video posts. I have a reputation to maintain.
Its legit. Even though i didnt watch them i will advise anyone who hasnt played the demo and plans on it to not watch them (no offense Kronic) as youtube videos will not do justice to the beauty of this game. Play it so you can see for yourselves ;)

teh x3nomorph
08-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Ok how long are we talking here.

Im on a T1 connection, and haven't really ever had issues downloading games .. but I guess I will but that to the test tonight!

Edit: Maybe between this and Two Worlds Ill actually get to play with Exane ... ya D.G. <3.

Exane22
08-14-2007, 07:05 PM
ya ya whatever. Me, DOcman and Maldune were owning some t-hunt missions (well mostly they were :o ) last night on RBS so back off :p

It wont take you more than a couple of hours. What i did was i started the download b4 i fell asleep and then let it go, woke up a few hours later and BAM it was done :D

Who128
08-14-2007, 07:16 PM
My connection can't handle that sheer amount of space that is the Bioshock Demo. It would take me like 3 days to dl it. I've heard of bioshock, but i haven't seen gameplay....

alex4283
08-14-2007, 07:39 PM
took me about an hr to download last night. this game is going to be much creepier than I expected.

Cold Rival
08-14-2007, 08:03 PM
took me about an hr to download last night. this game is going to be much creepier than I expected.

An hour!?!?!

What the fuck?!

I started the download at 10am, and it didn't finish until 11:30pm. That's 13 and a half hours!

I'd left my console on as I went to the gym at midday, but was disgusted at how long it took. Shitty internet.

I wasn't that impressed with the game either, to be honest! :p

(I never was a fan of shooters set in the war years...:rolleyes:)

EDIT: I've nothing against the gameplay, and graphically it looks sound, I'm just not a fan, thats all!

DeW222
08-14-2007, 08:21 PM
I can't remember how long it took me exactly, but I think I started downloading it yesterday morning at around 10 a.m. and it finished towards 7 p.m. or so. I can't remember exactly though, was playing Shadowrun/Transformers so I didn't see when it finished downloading. Expect it to take a while.

AOS Puck
08-14-2007, 08:52 PM
I started the download at 10am, and it didn't finish until 11:30pm. That's 13 and a half hours!

Wow, maybe it's time for you to invest in a new internet connection as mine took just over an hour also. ;)

I really enjoyed this demo. I like the look and feel of the game but it felt kinda slow. I hope the gameplay gets faster and more intense.

Zef
08-14-2007, 08:57 PM
When you have a Big Daddy trying to insert his Big Driller into your bodily cavities, you will probably be hauling ass at that point. So don't worry about it being slow, plus that is only the portion of the game to ease you into it.

Wolf
08-14-2007, 09:08 PM
I really enjoyed this demo. I like the look and feel of the game but it felt kinda slow. I hope the gameplay gets faster and more intense.That's funny because I praise the game for its deliberate nature. They spent a long, long time detailed an entire underwater universe and I want to explore every last detail of it. You're missing out if you're trying to blast through it.

Cold Rival
08-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Wow, maybe it's time for you to invest in a new internet connection as mine took just over an hour also. ;)

Would I be right to assume that you live in the US?

My internet connection works fine, as there's no problems playing on Live. Perhaps it's something to do with the water mass seperating the server and my console! ;)

Maybe I was a bit too quick to judge the game, but I did find it fucking scary. Going downstairs in the middle of the night is bad enough...

Mr Hey
08-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Amazing game and visuals for a demo. My dad even thinks this game looks awesome, and all he plays is CoD3 and Battleshits: Midway. Pretty freaky/scary as well, and this game is so much better than what I thought it was going to be. I thought Id get to square off against a Big Daddy for a little bit though :(. My friend beat the demo, but he thought it sucked, so I kicked his ass until he agreed with me. Glad I pre-ordered this awesome game. Cant wait to stab myself with more needles.

Yoshi6107
08-15-2007, 01:44 AM
Wow this topic got a lot more hits than I expected.

I am so pumped for BioShock now, it's been a LONG time since I've been this excited for a game. So far, I'm most fascinated by the visuals, and the presentation of the story. This game is definitely a must-buy title for me now.

Punish3r
08-15-2007, 05:15 AM
Incredible demo. I'm preordering the collectors at Gamestop, you get a "Big Daddy" action figure and some other jazz. Looks to be a truely amazing game that will live up to the hype.

As for download time, I started downloading it the morning after it's release, turned off the Xbox, came back 45 minutes later and it was finished, didn't have any trouble at all.

Ghost x360a
08-15-2007, 05:33 AM
The demo, IMO, was amazing. The only complaint I have about it (the demo) is that it took too long to download, and then it was too short.

VaRIABLE SoUL
08-15-2007, 08:56 AM
oh man that demo that crazy. i was expecting this game to be good but now i'm expecting a game of the year contender.

i gotta go reserve this game heh

Pez
08-15-2007, 11:25 PM
I've already preordered this without playing the demo!

I refuse to play it. It's just one of those games I don't wanna spoil for myself until I get the full thing.

~SS

mightydionysus
08-15-2007, 11:47 PM
The game is now a must buy. Wow!

crusaderV1
08-16-2007, 01:06 AM
*Qoutes Comic Book Guy*

Greatest game EVER!

Definate GOTY contender! Good job guys!

TheNeXt6
08-16-2007, 01:45 AM
I downloaded the demo last night, yet I haven't had a chance to play it yet, and after hearing these reviews it makes me want to go pick the game up.