PDA

View Full Version : Few cheevo questions?

TRICKY1976
01-19-2012, 03:29 AM
How do you get the following achievements are they story related or missable?

Framed
Pose for a photo and admire it

Reel scared
Star in a motion picture

Dead ringer
Answer the ringing telephone

Cheers for any info i just dont want to miss them

EDIT: just got the reel scared cheevo in the security room you turn on the projector and it shows you on the train when the bats attack.
Just got the framed achievement get the flash next door in the photographic studio pull down on the camera cord and you have afew secs to get in front of the camera before it takes the picture then go to the gentlemans parlour and look atthe picture hanging on the wall.
The telephone is in a bedroom it didnt ring 1st time i saw it then as i passed the room later i heard it ringing.
They could be classed as missable especially the framed achievement.

o D M C o
01-19-2012, 07:25 AM
What about the Newspaper clippings? Are they missable, how many are there etc? Cheers

TRICKY1976
01-19-2012, 08:57 AM
What about the Newspaper clippings? Are they missable, how many are there etc? Cheers

Not sure of exact number of clippings it tells you on each level if you pause the game i thought id missed quite afew but the achievement popped when i reached the end of the 3rd mission.
They are not missable as you can replay levels well thats what it said on the loading screen.

o D M C o
01-19-2012, 11:22 AM
OK great, thanks for the quick reply, Ill give this a try later on I think

xvx Foot xvx
01-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Pretty much everything is easy to get/collect if you are thorough (searching every desk/cabinet, checking desk tops for clippings). As TRICKY1976 mentioned you can pause at any time to see what you are missing. The "Great Hall" hub level has one clipping, and the 6 other levels have two a piece putting the total up to thirteen by the end of the game. By the end of my playthru I had collected all of the clippings and vital flasks by using this method (didn't care about the flasks, but got them anyway from searching for clippings).

-foot

Cringer85
01-19-2012, 08:42 PM
they are all missable including the newshound achievement. But you can just replay chapters and they aren't hard to get/find.

DERVISH888
01-20-2012, 12:55 AM
I took my picture and went back to the Gentleman's Parlour and there was nothing there. No picture.

Any idea what I'm missing here?

Thanks.

***Edit*** Do you have to take the picture before you get the 3rd crystal? I'm thinking that's where I went wrong. I took the picture once I had the 3rd crystal and it opened the door. Does your picture go into the black "pictureless" frame in the Parlour?

Cringer85
01-20-2012, 06:51 AM
***Edit*** Do you have to take the picture before you get the 3rd crystal? I'm thinking that's where I went wrong. I took the picture once I had the 3rd crystal and it opened the door. Does your picture go into the black "pictureless" frame in the Parlour?[/QUOTE]

I took the picture, before I got the crystal. You have to run in front of the camera before those 5 seconds are counted down. This can be quite hard.

Coruba
01-20-2012, 08:49 AM
This looks like a very easy 200 pts, like people have said just check all the rooms in each level, what you need sparkles anyway. Kinda plays like a kids version of Rise Of Nightmares for those who haven't tried it.

DERVISH888
01-20-2012, 01:29 PM
I took the picture, before I got the crystal. You have to run in front of the camera before those 5 seconds are counted down. This can be quite hard.

Ohhhhhhhhh!!!! Dammit! That makes perfect sense! I waited for the countdown and stood there like an ass thinking that my picture was being taken. It never dawned on me that I was standing behind the camera. Hahaha!!! I'm such an idiot.

Thanks for the clarification man. Much appreciated. That will certainly be my last achievement as I missed it first go round. Sighhhh...

DERVISH888
01-21-2012, 03:35 PM

Thanks for the tip here my good man. I got this achievement within 5 minutes of finishing the game. Much appreciated!!

Fang Foom
01-30-2012, 10:27 PM
I feel silly but where's the clipping in the main hall?
It say I'm the guide easy to spot next to the book where you watch clippings but don't recall seeing that?!
Thanks in advance fellow ghost hunters!

xvx Foot xvx
01-31-2012, 12:16 AM
I feel silly but where's the clipping in the main hall?
It say I'm the guide easy to spot next to the book where you watch clippings but don't recall seeing that?!
Thanks in advance fellow ghost hunters!
If I remember correctly (big IF) when you were facing towards the log book for the clippings it was on the left, if not, check to the right ;).

-foot

Fang Foom
01-31-2012, 12:22 AM
If I remember correctly (big IF) when you were facing towards the log book for the clippings it was on the left, if not, check to the right ;).

-foot

Here's the part where I feel silly..I don't remember seeing a log book! :p

xvx Foot xvx
01-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Here's the part where I feel silly..I don't remember seeing a log book! :p
The log book is in the Great Hall's first floor. If you are looking directly at Benjy's Statue it's to the left side of the room in the little alcove that is between the two chests that you can open.

-foot