PDA

View Full Version : yea these games were cool about 5 years ago

xSavage Henry
01-19-2012, 10:58 PM
All they got to do is add achievements and slap HD on it, and its a new game? I played all these on PS2. Why would I want to play them again 5 years later on my Xbox 360? I have noticed a real trend with all the re-releases and its getting old. Can they really just not think of any new ideas? I feel sorry for people that buy these "remastered" HD lies. And on a side note, the first one is the only good one. They should of at least sold them seperate. They probably would make more money that way anyways.

OTool3
01-20-2012, 12:02 AM
I think I played all three, but I remember one being my favorite. Anyway, I understand what you are saying, but hey it's all about money and I may not even get this game, but I am sure there are many hardcore devil may cry fans that are excited to re-live the memories.

Lord Angel 666
01-20-2012, 12:16 AM
I haven't played them so it's great that I can by all three for the price of one.

ll Dem3nted ll
01-20-2012, 09:23 AM
As far as I know...Metal Gear, Silent Hill, and Devil May Cry are the only ones for Xbox. So quit crying when some of the biggest franchises ever are remade.

Darksheik
01-20-2012, 10:39 PM
As far as I know...Metal Gear, Silent Hill, and Devil May Cry are the only ones for Xbox. So quit crying when some of the biggest franchises ever are remade.

Do you mean that the HD collections are the only way an Xbox-only owner can play those games/sagas?
Seeing it in this way I almost agree.
Anyway, they're even published for PS3.

At least this collection has every game of the DMC saga, unlike some other collections.

metallicorphan
01-21-2012, 12:10 AM
I don't really get the haters,if you don't like,don't buy,and you say..

"Can they really just not think of any new ideas?"

you say that as though there are no other Capcom and Konami games out this year,and there are,i am especially looking forward to Dragons Dogma from Capcom and they have gone a little crazy with Resident Evil titles this year also,while Konami have a few Silent Hill games out not included the HD collection,they also have some XBLA game out called Puddle that i have just read about today

...oh and Konami actually have the Zone of Enders HD collection coming to the 360 also,which i absolutely can not wait for
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/object/110/110060/Zone-of-the-Enders-HD_X360_RP_ver0boxart_160w.jpg

I am still Hoping Final Fantasy 10 HD comes to Xbox 360 as well,and not just the Playstation 3(Square Enix haven't actually mentioned anything yet,just that FF10 HD is happening)

Matt36
01-21-2012, 01:25 AM
People will literally bitch about anything!

This is a rant at HD games, not DMC - I don't see why they've posted this here?

Remakes of games is nothing new, why bitch now?

Lordvader178
01-21-2012, 05:39 AM
"The first one was the only good one"

Bitch please, DMC3 was easily the best.

Matt36
01-21-2012, 11:22 AM
"The first one was the only good one"

Bitch please, DMC3 was easily the best.

No chance, definitely the 1st.

metallicorphan
01-21-2012, 04:26 PM
oh nice i never knew DMC 3 was a factor in the best,that means i am in for a treat when i get to these then,i always presumed the first was the best and the rest were crap,if some are saying DMC 3 is the best then i am sure it will at least be great as i loved the first,but had 2 and 3 as well but never played them

Matt36
01-22-2012, 01:15 PM
The only reason the 3rd is a factor, is because it was made to look amazing after the terrible 2nd game.

metallicorphan
01-22-2012, 01:42 PM
ahh,good point,i had heard the second one was some dire crap

Matt36
01-22-2012, 02:36 PM
I didn't mind it. It was just different to the first and people didn't like that.

Takamura Bear
01-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Dmc3 was, in my eyes and many the fans, the best in the series.

Echilion
01-23-2012, 12:51 AM
Dmc3 was, in my eyes and many the fans, the best in the series.

I love #3, definitely my favorite too.

Pakhair
01-23-2012, 08:32 AM
DMC 3 was best, I will get this BUT THE ACHIEVEMENT LIST IS HORRIFIC for an average fan\gamer (e.g me)

Matt36
01-23-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm still sticking with the first as my fave! :)

kennyubasterd00
01-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Man can't wait to get this so I can figure out which game I like best. I've only played 4 so I guess I'm forced to say it's my favorite for now lol

Matt36
01-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Man can't wait to get this so I can figure out which game I like best. I've only played 4 so I guess I'm forced to say it's my favorite for now lol

You're in for a treat with 1&3 then :D

TakahashiDemon
01-26-2012, 03:44 PM
First and Second one are my favorites, I do not know why the second one gets the hate it does.. is it because of the random mess of a last boss? as that's the only bit that frustrated me lol

First one would be the best to me, it introduces Dante, technically though, DMC3 is the first in timeline, but they treat it like you know who Dante is, I thought the first one had a nice Resident Evil theme to it, it was originally meant to be Resident Evil 4, so that's maybe why.

Wing Gundam Zero
02-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Ps2>xbox360

WebsOfADevil
02-04-2012, 06:55 AM
You'll want to play it on your X360/PS3 because of:
1. HD graphics.
2. Bonus content (promised in the box art).
3. Achievements.
4. Those games are fun as hell and never get old.

For the record, I've also played all 3 on my PS2 and I'm going to pre-order the game on March 3rd.

DeathRisk
02-05-2012, 08:24 AM
DMC 3 was god

nuff said

xTGMx INF3RNO
02-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Devil may cry 3 was fantastic. Worth s buy just for that.

Matt36
02-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Got my pre-order down. 5 years ago I bought them, and doing the same now for the HD graphics and achievements. Nostalgia mainly though.

Onyxflamegod
02-13-2012, 01:37 PM
It always amuses me to no end when people bitch about games OTHER people are playing, like they shouldn't replay games that they enjoy... I don't like playing shooter games, that doesn't give me the right to tell people not to play their Modern Warfare and Battlefield games.

I will agree that the HD trend gets a bit annoying and played out, but then after I start to see the games that are being made now, and how few are actually good games, I welcome the HD remakes of games that I actually enjoyed or in the case of the dmc series enjoy, playing with the crisper graphics/different console.

I still played the RE4 game I have on gamecube up to the first couple weeks of me hearing about the HD remake, and still bought that. I also still play DMC3 (would play one as well but I lost it, and two played like bricks, quit 2 stages in) and plan to get the collection. As well as several other games that I would play if they were released in "HD" even if it is just a quick brush up on the textures so they don't look like a 50 year old jpeg file.

Why should some guy on the internet tell me not to buy a game I already know I'll enjoy when the alternative is to buy one of the newer games that's released that I probably wont enjoy, or not play anything at all?

Kaiyo
02-13-2012, 10:37 PM
The whole thing of the 2nd game was an absolute mess.
Only reason to replay the 2nd game is to get all the achievements which is a pain since the 2nd game was crap. The 1st and 3rd games were better.

zarmartiaux
03-07-2012, 03:41 PM
First of All, itís a great way for new players to discover the series.
Not everyone bought a PS2, and people who did were not especially interested in DMC.
Personally, Iíve only played the 1st when it came out on PS2, and I didnít really like it.
So this pack is a great way for me to give a 2nd chance to Dante.

And there are the hardcore fansÖ
Those that have all 3 games but want an excuse to play them again.
Those who donít want to play them on a 640 x 480 format on their HD TV Set.
Those who want some extra things (like achievements) to motivate them towards achieving new goalsÖ

I know, that's what drove me to buy MGS HD...

Matt36
03-07-2012, 09:57 PM
I don't see why threads like these are made, and even in the wrong place. Why even go in to a sub-forum of a game you have no interest in? =/

Lordvader178
03-21-2012, 01:27 PM
The reason people hate the second game was because of two reason's:

- Dante became some quiet emo whereas in the first he was a funny guy.
- The game was easy mode compared to DMC1. There was almost no challenge.

Then DMC3 was so hard they had to re-release an easier version. That's badass at it's finest.

SMF Darksteel
03-21-2012, 10:39 PM
to me the dmc 1 2 and 3 never get old the just fun to play over and over again

UpgradePolecat
03-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Then DMC3 was so hard they had to re-release an easier version. That's badass at it's finest.

SE's difficulty is better scaled than the regular versions (be it PAL, US, or JP), but it's in no way easier. :p

DMC3 (PAL) - DMC3 (US) - DMC3 (JP) - DMC3:SE
Easy - Easy - Easy - Easy
Normal - Normal - Normal - Normal
Hard - n/a - Hard - Hard
n/a - Hard - n/a - Very Hard
DMD - DMD - DMD - DMD

I remember the big jump from Hard to DMD!.

Those that have all 3 games but want an excuse to play them again.

My reason right there.
I have DMC1 twice namely a PAL version and and NTSC-J version (PlayStation 2 the best, with an OST disc), DMC3 twice (Regular and SE) and DMC2.

Matt36
03-22-2012, 05:13 PM
I bought the PS2 original of DMC today for £1. Couldn't say no! Looks rough as hell though, can't wait for it in HD!

Blackrose Writer
03-24-2012, 01:44 AM
The reason they are doing this is because in this day and age. It's hard to find the games. I'm glad they are doing collections for old games. It allows me to buy that instead of going nuts trying to find it on the console that is all but disappearing each day.

punkrockfox
03-25-2012, 02:27 PM
I am really excited about this. I have only played DMC4 so far, and it was an odd introduction to Dante. I didn't own a PS2 and Lord knows I don't want to go buy one now so I can play a game that looks awful. And for all the hate, saying they are money hungry...... You do know about economies, right? Capcom has to make money somehow. And they can always use the cash that comes from HD remakes and stuff to fund other, larger games.

Onelastbreath
03-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Im going to pick this up when i get a chance. Iv only played 1 & 2 so id glady pay £25 for 3 games. If you dont like the collections jst pretend they don't exist, it wont harm you in any way. All we need now is some Final Fantasy HD.

ademlakey
03-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Im sure many people here would say that some of the games that came out long ago are far better than the crap that is released now.

Big simmo
03-28-2012, 10:46 PM
It's people like this Savage Henry... that make me hate people, DMC is such a great series (the second might not be as good as the 1st and 3rd, but still a great game to play) and to be able to save the hassle of wipping out the ps2 and setting i all up... I can just play the 10x better version on the 360 :D

P2 Prophet
03-31-2012, 05:53 PM
I never really played DMC1 or 2 for that matter. But I was lucky enough to play 3.
So DMC3 is my favorite.

But they made Halo remake and stuff. I don't see a problem with the HD remakes/collections. Gives me a reason to go back and play games I haven't touched in years. And I can also get achievements for them.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-31-2012, 06:39 PM
I bought the PS2 original of DMC today for £1. Couldn't say no! Looks rough as hell though, can't wait for it in HD!

Got mine today. Sorry to say the graphics are the same as ps2 no improvement at all that I noticed. Still its dmc!

Vindicator51
03-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Got mine today. Sorry to say the graphics are the same as ps2 no improvement at all that I noticed. Still its dmc!

They improved some of the effects in the game, but it's not a huge graphics difference.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-31-2012, 10:03 PM
Game feels smooth and is still a great game. But grapically its shit. Hate how the menus are tiny and dont fit widescreen

Matt36
04-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Is this out in the UK yet? The guy in GAME didn't have a clue -.-

xTGMx INF3RNO
04-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Is this out in the UK yet? The guy in GAME didn't have a clue -.-

Tuesday in the UK. Mine came yesterday from shopto tho :)

Matt36
04-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Ah. I'm alright waiting till payday on Friday then ;)

Ryuuk GX 57
04-01-2012, 10:38 PM
I like them all and I'm glad there is an HD release because like previous posts state, it gives me a reason to replay them. I have been playing it for awhile now. I beat the storyline of the 1st and 2nd. I am working on the 3rd and for some reason normal on the third game kicked my ass. Well I hope everyone enjoys the newest HD collection.

xTGMx INF3RNO
04-01-2012, 10:44 PM
I like them all and I'm glad there is an HD release because like previous posts state, it gives me a reason to replay them. I have been playing it for awhile now. I beat the storyline of the 1st and 2nd. I am working on the 3rd and for some reason normal on the third game kicked my ass. Well I hope everyone enjoys the newest HD collection.

Believe me its not a HD collection. Just ps2 game put straight onto xbox. But its still the games we love dmc3 is awsome but normal is whopping me and i did DMD on ps2. I suck atm :p