PDA

View Full Version : Daily Word workaround

Krueg70
01-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Credit goes to magenciotag of TA for this method.

If you go to options and change the dictionary to any other language. Its going to tell you that your saved games will be erased, I can confirm that this does NOT erase your progress towards words spelled and twists used, so go ahead and hit yes. Then just change it back to English and you can do daily word again. I have gotten the achievement for 5 and 10 rounds played so far. I can also confirm that you only need to spell the biggest word and then end the round and it will count towards the achievement.

Now all we need is the lightening bolt to get fixed and its another 200/200.

TrishTheDish
01-21-2012, 04:58 PM
God bless you for posting this! Cheers!

IEvil IMonkey
01-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Ok I've done 5 daily words now and I know 100% I've done 5 games on each other mode and no achievement..... What gives??

Krueg70
01-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Not sure evil. I have all the achievements for rounds played now, anyone else have this problem and can elaborate?

IEvil IMonkey
01-21-2012, 09:08 PM
^^
Nevermind..... I hadn't "completed" the lightning rounds, I just played them without advancing a full round

Nice find and thanks for the 45g

Just need lightning bolt fixing now

master_shake_350
01-22-2012, 05:04 AM
Credit goes to magenciotag of TA for this method.

If you go to options and change the dictionary to any other language. Its going to tell you that your saved games will be erased, I can confirm that this does NOT erase your progress towards words spelled and twists used, so go ahead and hit yes. Then just change it back to English and you can do daily word again. I have gotten the achievement for 5 and 10 rounds played so far. I can also confirm that you only need to spell the biggest word and then end the round and it will count towards the achievement.

Now all we need is the lightening bolt to get fixed and its another 200/200.

Nice find, but one achievement is still glitched so its 170/200

IEvil IMonkey
01-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Gamehouse replied to my email and basically said its not their problem so take it up with xbox support..... funny coming from the dev who made the game!!

eastx
01-22-2012, 11:19 PM
Gamehouse replied to my email and basically said its not their problem so take it up with xbox support..... funny coming from the dev who made the game!!

They have already submitted a fix... Just hard to find a decent email for companies like that.

LanEvo
01-24-2012, 02:52 AM
Thanks a million for posting this here!