PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed

trymemf
01-21-2012, 02:48 PM
I was hoping for open-world and more of M.O.O.R But after watching the trailer i was quite angry because it looks just like forza but with only Ferraris. We don't need more track racing games we need more open world racing games. (Midnight club&TDU lookalike) Only me who is dissapointed?

Trailer: http://www.trueachievements.com/n7112/test-drive-ferrari-trailer-races-in.htm

WartyHogger
02-01-2012, 08:22 AM
Wish there was more information. But I feel ya, track racing can get just as boring as trying to play through a linear RPG more than once. It gets very boring after awhile, Forza 4 still has my attention a little bit, but this, with just Ferraris, really silly imo. Only plus it has is that they're not putting the usual price of $59.99 on it.

Would love more open racing games. TDU/TDU2 are, imo, the best open world racing games for the console, as terrible as the controls may be. If and when they make a 3rd one, I hope they drastically increase a lot of things on it. Environment, driving and handling, customization(being able to customize your character more than your car is silly), and the repetitive environments :( But I still love it. Just cruising around the island is good fun, really beautiful sights.

TantalizedMind
02-27-2012, 02:17 AM
Ferraris?.. ZZzzz....

xRelentlessx
02-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Agreed, Forza 4 is an awesome game with awesome graphics but its not something I can play for hours on end cos its the same tracks and the same racing all the time. When TDU2 came out I spent hours discovering all the roads and the wrecks etc when I got bored of racing there were distractions.

Mr Matty
03-05-2012, 11:23 AM
That's because they gave the game to Slightly mad studios
The guys who made Both shift games the 2nd was such a let down and broken game.
Not buying this game might of done if it was on the same engine as tdus

ReklezZTrini
03-09-2012, 11:03 PM
That's because they gave the game to Slightly mad studios
The guys who made Both shift games the 2nd was such a let down and broken game.
Not buying this game might of done if it was on the same engine as tdus

Track racing with the TDU engine would suck balls.
I think this will be a $40-$50 game, as slightly mad is trying to make their own racing game. This uses the same engine as the Shift series, & they got the Ferrari rights from Atari. I might pick this one up depending on how reviews go.

BTW Ferrari doesn't allow their cars to be in "street racing" games.

ReklezZTrini
03-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Agreed, Forza 4 is an awesome game with awesome graphics but its not something I can play for hours on end cos its the same tracks and the same racing all the time. When TDU2 came out I spent hours discovering all the roads and the wrecks etc when I got bored of racing there were distractions.

They are 2 different games that cater to 2 different crowds...

ReklezZTrini
03-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Would love more open racing games. TDU/TDU2 are, imo, the best open world racing games for the console, as terrible as the controls may be. If and when they make a 3rd one, I hope they drastically increase a lot of things on it. Environment, driving and handling, customization(being able to customize your character more than your car is silly), and the repetitive environments :( But I still love it. Just cruising around the island is good fun, really beautiful sights.

Well there aren't really any other open world racers on this gen consoles. I highly doubt that a 3rd TDU will be made, unless Eden games is out of the picture. They did a horrible job launching TDU2, as there wasn't enough support. They lost alot of money with TDU2 & I think that is why Atari teamed up with Slightly Mad, so they can re-cooperate the lost funds.

Matt36
04-08-2012, 01:53 PM
This feels more of a 2.5 then a 3rd game. And I'm happy with that. I'll rent this though, wont buy, especially after the glitchy mess that was the 2nd.

Pakhair
05-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Indeed Shift 2 was terribly executed, my hops for this studio are quite low but I'll still keep an eye and see how the reviews go. Wishing the AI is not annoying like last time and the cars don't slip on the road + they don't attach (like glued) to oopponents once you hit them or ram them slightly, oh god that was annoying

Barad
05-16-2012, 09:39 AM
I love Forza but this game actually looks terrible, just like the achievements and even the cover art.

mosin360
05-16-2012, 02:32 PM
I have modest interest in this game. Yeah the track only style is a bummer but as long as they did it right, it should be worth one playthru.

Thou, I sure wish there was more info out there as the game was supposed to have released yesterday and no sign of it.

EDIT: Well, some sites say the 15th and now others say the 31st. Since I've not seen it at all, I will go with the 31st.

pined5551
05-16-2012, 02:53 PM
I have modest interest in this game. Yeah the track only style is a bummer but as long as they did it right, it should be worth one playthru.

Thou, I sure wish there was more info out there as the game was supposed to have released yesterday and no sign of it.

EDIT: Well, some sites say the 15th and now others say the 31st. Since I've not seen it at all, I will go with the 31st.

I don't even know if its available in the UK. At least its known to be getting released in the USA so you know you'll be able to play it sooner or later. This game isn't available to order on play or amazon over here. It's shit!

Graivul
05-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Well if it is released in the UK, i'll give it a go based on the refreshing non-online / hard mode copy and paste achievement list crap too many games use. Would like to see more on the game but thus far....looks like a buy from me!

SatNiteEduardo
05-24-2012, 02:49 AM
I want more track racing games so this looks ok to me.

red_hammer
05-25-2012, 06:42 AM
Of course no one can know it yet...
but Ranked Amateur - Ranked Legend sounds like online chievos for me.

When I'm wrong I'll definitely get this game :)

CHIRUNO99
05-26-2012, 06:57 AM
I was disappointed heavily by TDU2, I'm not surprised that Ferrari Legends won't be anywhere near the same. That said I think I've had enough of trailing the map for hours on end looking for a tiny piece of road I haven't driven over yet.

Speed Kinduci
06-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Of course no one can know it yet...
but Ranked Amateur - Ranked Legend sounds like online chievos for me.

When I'm wrong I'll definitely get this game :)

Having now got and played the full game i can confirm there are No online achievements. Reaching the higher ranks though will be very hard as the game is hard imo on all but the easy difficulty. I imagine to unlock Legend will require gold in all events of which there are over 200.

Little vid of me doing the first race :)
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends gameplay - YouTube

Speed Kinduci
07-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Added another vid of me in action, love this circuit:

Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends gameplay 2 - YouTube

Speed Kinduci
07-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Just one more this time in the F355 @ Cote D'Azur

Test Drive Ferrari Legends Career race - YouTube

Trace17
07-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Having now got and played the full game i can confirm there are No online achievements. Reaching the higher ranks though will be very hard as the game is hard imo on all but the easy difficulty. I imagine to unlock Legend will require gold in all events of which there are over 200.

Little vid of me doing the first race :)

It seems by reading that the achievements don't require playing on a certain difficulty, is this true?

Also, can you elaborate on which difficulty has what options or something? I read another person say you can't individually tweak things and have to use preset assists for each difficulty.

LeMansFahrer
07-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Just to help and clear a few things that have been asked here on this thread.
1) There are NO online achievements
2) The game is made up of challenges, not really a racing game like we know it. You have like 2 laps to finish first, beat a certain laptime etc.
3) You have 3 difficulties, Easy - Normal - Hard
4) Ofcourse you can change drive assist (Turn off the green racing line) etc.
5) To rank up, you get for each challenge on each difficulty 1 point. eg. Beat challenge 1 on easy you get 1 point. beating it on hard you get 3 points.

I would say that this game is going to give players alot of grey hairs. Some Challenges are extreamly difficult on hard and wnt to make you break something. The biggest problem is that if you donīt finish the challenge you donīt unlock the next one.

I like this game, but thats mainly because I LOVE those old cars and tracks, and am a big fan from Ferrari Cars.

Hope it helps some players that dont know what to expect

DangerousK
07-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Just to help and clear a few things that have been asked here on this thread.
1) There are NO online achievements
2) The game is made up of challenges, not really a racing game like we know it. You have like 2 laps to finish first, beat a certain laptime etc.
3) You have 3 difficulties, Easy - Normal - Hard
4) Ofcourse you can change drive assist (Turn off the green racing line) etc.
5) To rank up, you get for each challenge on each difficulty 1 point. eg. Beat challenge 1 on easy you get 1 point. beating it on hard you get 3 points.

I would say that this game is going to give players alot of grey hairs. Some Challenges are extreamly difficult on hard and wnt to make you break something. The biggest problem is that if you donīt finish the challenge you donīt unlock the next one.

I like this game, but thats mainly because I LOVE those old cars and tracks, and am a big fan from Ferrari Cars.

Hope it helps some players that dont know what to expect

Thanks for the information!

I should have looked at this topic before posting what I did in the other topic. :)

red_hammer
07-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the post LeMansFahrer! *thumbs up*

Got the game now too, but I still can't figure out, how to get the ranked achievements. Any1 able to tell us? :)

Another point... nearly through the golden era and the game wasn't difficult till now imho... always 5 secs quicker than the AI per lap... so the golden era races are pretty silly. (Worst thing was at Misty Loch - you start 11 secs behind the leader and have 3 laps to catch him. At the end I was over 25 secs in front of him, BUT... the bonus mission told me, to not be in front more than 1 sec so I had to wait .............^^)
On the other hand, there are time trial missions which can be pretty challenging but not at all times... there was a quali at Rouen - 10 secs faster and then Monza '59 and I only managed a time 0,5 secs faster.

Oh and before any1 asks: I chose the hard difficulty (3 points) and the pro handling system.

And yes, the handling is stupid. Even worse than Shift 1! -.-

Maybe every1 who thinks about getting this game should try to rent it...
For me... I'll try to progress a bit further and decide then.

LeMansFahrer
07-04-2012, 09:38 AM
You can see how many points (Medals) you still need to Rank up on the screen where you choose "Golden, Silver or Modern Era". Take a look in the middle TOP of the screen it says ??? points for the next Rank. It starts off with 100 points.

red_hammer, I know that you are a great Racing player, I am using Pro settings, no green line etc., Hard difficulty, Manual shifting, always Onboard Vision and standard Controller and am having sometimes real big problems winning some challenges. to continue with the game, I even had to go down to easy (earning only 1 Medal), but am really having fun with the game. Those Timed Laps are giving me some real big problems sometimes. I just love the Old Cars, Tracks and Ferrari Sounds so that I am glad that I did not rent it (then again I sell the games, so its mostprobably easy for me to say). I think a must for Ferrari Fans, for racing fun you get better I think.

DangerousK
07-04-2012, 02:28 PM
You can see how many points (Medals) you still need to Rank up on the screen where you choose "Golden, Silver or Modern Era". Take a look in the middle TOP of the screen it says ??? points for the next Rank. It starts off with 100 points.

red_hammer, I know that you are a great Racing player, I am using Pro settings, no green line etc., Hard difficulty, Manual shifting, always Onboard Vision and standard Controller and am having sometimes real big problems winning some challenges. to continue with the game, I even had to go down to easy (earning only 1 Medal), but am really having fun with the game. Those Timed Laps are giving me some real big problems sometimes. I just love the Old Cars, Tracks and Ferrari Sounds so that I am glad that I did not rent it (then again I sell the games, so its mostprobably easy for me to say). I think a must for Ferrari Fans, for racing fun you get better I think.

The timed challenges are definitely making this game extremely difficult.

I've been playing on hard, and I got up to the timed challenge on Rouen with the 250GTO. Couldn't even break 2:05 on that one. I blame the lighting on that challenge because it throws the depth perception off for me personally.

I am assuming to rank up completely you need to get every medal in this game?

I wouldn't care about getting every secondary objective if I was sure you could rank up fully without hitting all of them.

The game is definitely fun for Ferrari fans...unless you like Ferrari and would qualify yourself as a tifosi, I'd probably avoid this game. The handling so far is not as bad as Shift 2 which I thought was abysmal, and kept me from even bothering trying to finish it. The old cars do slide which may take a little adjustment to, because you have to know when to swing out the back a little.

red_hammer
07-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Ah ok thanks fr clearing up the ranked-thing!

Oh ... have to admit, that those time challenge become pretty... bad.
Was struggling a bit to get through the golden era... but then... 512 BB on Enna Pergusa (1st challenge in the silver era) made me going crazy... couldn't do it legitly...
Did the first lap 1:57,8 or sth and then shortcutted 2 times to manage the 4 min timer.. (BS, that this timer even starts before hitting S/F for lap 1 -.-)
Annoying. Well.. returned the game for the moment but think I'll give the game another shot in a few weeks...

I'm not such a diehard Ferrari fan so my advise is still: Rent before buying when you want the chievos... Going to be quite a task!

(Edit: Just remember, that NFS:TR on legend was exactly the same and I did it legitimately.. Why giving up already, r3d!??)

DangerousK
07-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Ok.

I finished the Golden Era last night.

It took me a little over 6 hours on hard difficulty.

From what I can tell, the bonus objectives do not count towards ranking up. So if you are struggling to meet them, I wouldn't worry about it. Just focus on the main objective because that's the only way you can move on to a new challenge. Not having all of the bonus objectives completed, still allowed me to unlock the Golden Era achievement.

When you complete any mission on Hard difficulty, you get 4 points towards your rank.

I watched the numbers based on completing both objectives, and completing only the main objective. You still receive 4 points total.

I'm hoping there is no hidden catch involved because some of these bonus objectives are ridiculous.

Let me state for the record that Enna Pergusa is the most godawful track in this game.

The time trials involving it are brutal. You have no leeway to make a single mistake. The best I could pull off in the 512 Pro Championship was a 1:57.5xx and the bonus objective is to break a 1:57 lap. Screw that.

Just to get into the 1:57's I had to use every trick I could possibly pull off to carry through the chicanes...some of them can and must be taken way faster than you would think. There are two sets of chicanes that have tires on the sides...the second chicane, you can carry your speed at 130KPH or a little more safely in the 512, but it takes getting the braking zone down right otherwise you will lose time due to the braking.

I'm not sure how manageable a 1000/1000 is in this game since I have a feeling there are worse missions awaiting me.

One thing is for sure, if you are not proficient at racing games, do not buy this looking to go for the full 1000. You'll likely wind up frustrated with things on hard --the actual races aren't a problem, it's just the time trials that make this game difficult-- and want to break the disc perhaps.

vithzeral
07-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Are you sure it is not 3 points for completing the main objective on hard (2 for normal, one for easy) and one for the bonus objective? That's how it seems to work for me

DangerousK
07-06-2012, 01:18 AM
Are you sure it is not 3 points for completing the main objective on hard (2 for normal, one for easy) and one for the bonus objective? That's how it seems to work for me

I had a total brain fart, not sure how I figured I was getting 4 points.

Whoops...my bad. :drunk

DangerousK
07-06-2012, 01:19 AM
Short of it is, this game is going to be a difficult 1000/1000.

I really can't be assed to go back for some of those bonus objectives with the time trials.

LeMansFahrer
07-06-2012, 05:28 AM
Short of it is, this game is going to be a difficult 1000/1000.

I really can't be assed to go back for some of those bonus objectives with the time trials.
I agree wth you that this game is not an easy 1000GS, the time Trials seem to get worse and worse. F1 on expert with all assists off was easier than theses Time Trials with the Formula One Cars, they are driving me crazy in the Silver Era. If it gets worse in the Modern Era, I will be wriing in the following threads from a small white room with no windows, the white Jacket will only be lying next to me seeing that they could not get it on me because i refuse to let go of my Controller. Maybe thats the reason why they say Consoles are bad for your health, lol

Just by the way, Congratulations on the Time 1:57. I stopped by 1:58, my wife wanted to order the jacket already.

DangerousK
07-06-2012, 11:32 AM
I agree wth you that this game is not an easy 1000GS, the time Trials seem to get worse and worse. F1 on expert with all assists off was easier than theses Time Trials with the Formula One Cars, they are driving me crazy in the Silver Era. If it gets worse in the Modern Era, I will be wriing in the following threads from a small white room with no windows, the white Jacket will only be lying next to me seeing that they could not get it on me because i refuse to let go of my Controller. Maybe thats the reason why they say Consoles are bad for your health, lol

Just by the way, Congratulations on the Time 1:57. I stopped by 1:58, my wife wanted to order the jacket already.

:D

Agreed...this game tests your sanity on the time trials lol. I find it interesting because you suddenly go from thinking there is no chance of beating a certain time to knowing that it can be beaten. But god, it's just aggravating especially when you get a new car that you have not driven, and then have to learn on the fly.

I actually have been thinking the Modern Era is going to suck, especially once you get to the modern F1 cars because you're probably going to have to turn in time trial times that I don't know if are asking for more than the F1 drivers have pulled off in real life lol. The Silver Era has been challenging more so with the time trials than the Golden. I figure the Modern will be more difficult. The only thing I am hoping might make up for it are better handling cars.

Thanks! It's funny, a few of the bonus objective time trials I could not beat in the time trial, I managed to actually do better in the actual race which gives me some hope that perhaps some might actually be in fact doable.

I feel like Michael Schumacher during the races just turning in qualifying time after qualifying time each lap. :woop:

vithzeral
07-07-2012, 04:36 AM
If it stays at 100 points per rank then you don't need to pass everything on hard. There are 216 events, so a maximum possible 864 points and only 600 needed to reach Legend. Even on normal you could afford to miss some of the bonuses and still reach Legend.

ixnay37
07-07-2012, 05:42 AM
If it stays at 100 points per rank then you don't need to pass everything on hard. There are 216 events, so a maximum possible 864 points and only 600 needed to reach Legend. Even on normal you could afford to miss some of the bonuses and still reach Legend.

That's not necessarily the case, though, since I can confirm now that the 2nd rank requires 250 total points (so 150 above the 1st rank).

It'd be nice to get some confirmation on the point numbers for the rest of the ranks.

ccclxadct10
07-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Ive completed the first few races and the AI is way too easy. I even even have the driving set to normal. The achievements wont be hard either. Just simply complete the game and you'll have all 45 in one play through. There are no grinding achievements or difficulty based achievements. The tracks seem to repeat quite often as well. Plus I play only on hard so im rewarded the 3 points right away.

Weblaus
07-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Ive completed the first few races and the AI is way too easy. I even even have the driving set to normal. The achievements wont be hard either. Just simply complete the game and you'll have all 45 in one play through. There are no grinding achievements or difficulty based achievements. The tracks seem to repeat quite often as well. Plus I play only on hard so im rewarded the 3 points right away.

Interestingly enough your profile shows that you have earned exactly 0 gamerscore on the game so far - due to not having played it, coincidentally -, oh well.

Aside from that, "the first few races", especially in the Golden Era, really don't say anything at all about the true difficulty of the game, as you'd know if you had a) played it and b) read what the other people in this thread said.

"Just simply complete the game", heh...

DangerousK
07-08-2012, 01:35 AM
I may have reached my breaking point last night with this game.

In the Silver Era, the Competizione mission has an event where you do a time trial around Imola 1981. The main objective requires a lap time of 1:38. The bonus objective requires a 1:35. As usual I could get into the low 1:36's, but nowhere close to the 1:35. No big deal since I have just been moving on without wasting time on bonus objectives.

The next event is a race on Imola 1981 with the same car.

Now for this one, the main objective is to complete a lap time better than 1:35.

I was ready to break the disc in half.

It is beyond BULLSHIT.

Basically any of these moronic lap times you have to set, there is no way to do it outside of trying to cut corners as much as you can. The problem is trying to figure out how much you can get away with, otherwise you get the lap time not allowed. The cars do not handle at the point of which you could reasonably get around the circuits with the chance of bettering those lap times.

Imola actually brought out all the idiocy of this game for me.

Anyone who is a F1 fan knows that Imola with the Tamburello Corner was an ungodly fast track. The Tamburello Corner itself was a 190MPH corner. The F1 cars from 1987 and 1990 don't even hit 190MPH in that corner and they have traction issues. The real life corner was flat out at that speed...you put your foot down to the floor and did not lift off the throttle.

I'm starting to wonder whether the idiot developers have even tried to beat the moronic times they came up with for the time trials...the inaccurate speeds...the inaccurate car handling, and so on.

Give this game the Forza 3 engine for chrissakes with more tracks, and this game is near perfect.

Fucking ridiculous.

DangerousK
07-11-2012, 01:18 AM
I went back to the game a short time ago since I felt I calmed down enough and managed to break through the 1:35 mark needed. I actually had a low 1:33.xx that could have been lower. But all I care is getting through that challenge.

With that said, I have completed the Silver Era.

It's taken me a little over 12 hours to complete the Golden and Silver eras on hard.

I did not complete every bonus objective so the current tally without having gone back to try for the bonus objectives I missed are:

Golden Era: 228/232 points
Silver Era: 204/212 points

That should give people a general idea for how things go on time spent in the game, as well as what they might have left to do on hard.

I'm sure people very good at racing games might be able to knock every event's bonus objective out without needing to revisit anything.

Anyway, hope this is of help to people.

jaiwtfy
07-11-2012, 02:21 AM
Golden Era: 228/232 points
Silver Era: 204/212 points

Can you tell us what rank you're at with 432 points? Still wondering what it will take to get to Legend.

ixnay37
07-11-2012, 04:47 AM
I just hit Semi-Pro rank this evening, and according to the display of points remaining until the next rank, it takes 400 total points to get to Pro.

So with half of them confirmed I'd guess these are the ranks:

Amateur: 100
Semi-Pro: 250
Pro: 400
Champ: 550 ????
Ace: 700 ????
Legend: 850 ????

Flapjack waldi
07-11-2012, 07:48 AM
I just hit Semi-Pro rank this evening, and according to the display of points remaining until the next rank, it takes 400 total points to get to Pro.

So with half of them confirmed I'd guess these are the ranks:

Amateur: 100
Semi-Pro: 250
Pro: 400
Champ: 550 ????
Ace: 700 ????
Legend: 850 ????

Confirm 550 for Champ (hit it yesterday) and 700 for Ace.

jaiwtfy
07-11-2012, 03:06 PM
So with total points available including bonus objectives at 864, the best we can hope for is 14 missable points ( unless of course they made Legend 864 and not 850.)

So best to play on hard from the beginning and don't start skipping bonus objectives until late silver era.

Knaapster
07-11-2012, 05:51 PM
guy's is this game fun to do? i'm not sure if i will buy it.

TTR 683
07-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Hello all,

I've bought this game this weekend and was anticipating it for quite some time. Anyway i did like Shift and Shift 2 as much at it was driveable with lots of tweaks. This game feels better, being the same engine.

AI even on hard is easy but the times in TT's is just WRONG.

Anyway, anyone already played the F333 SP endurances?? I have the feeling the car gets less and less grip and the many times i've tried everytime i got to lap 7 the car feels like it's on ice. Seems to me they coded something in (like perhaps tirewear) and it then has so much degraded at lap 7 and after you have to "focus" as its written in the bit of text accompanying the mission(s).
Or is it just me?

DangerousK
07-12-2012, 12:47 AM
Hello all,

I've bought this game this weekend and was anticipating it for quite some time. Anyway i did like Shift and Shift 2 as much at it was driveable with lots of tweaks. This game feels better, being the same engine.

AI even on hard is easy but the times in TT's is just WRONG.

Anyway, anyone already played the F333 SP endurances?? I have the feeling the car gets less and less grip and the many times i've tried everytime i got to lap 7 the car feels like it's on ice. Seems to me they coded something in (like perhaps tirewear) and it then has so much degraded at lap 7 and after you have to "focus" as its written in the bit of text accompanying the mission(s).
Or is it just me?

I'll be honest, I did the endurance races around Hockenheim and Imola with the F333 this morning, and on Imola I had lapped half the field on lap 9. I didn't notice anything with tire wear. Not to say there may not be something to what you're saying, but I honestly never noticed anything, and I have a habit of setting a faster lap every single lap in the last half of a lot of races. I was into the low 1:29's on the Imola F333 endurance race. I could have probably gotten into the 1:28's if I had been a little more careful at the Variante Alta.

DangerousK
07-12-2012, 12:48 AM
So with total points available including bonus objectives at 864, the best we can hope for is 14 missable points ( unless of course they made Legend 864 and not 850.)

So best to play on hard from the beginning and don't start skipping bonus objectives until late silver era.

I can only hope it's 850.

If it happened to be, I might actually try for the 1000/1000.

If not, no chance in hell. I'm anticipating winding up with 900/1000.

DangerousK
07-12-2012, 12:49 AM

How big of a Ferrari fan are you?

BiG I Johnny
07-12-2012, 05:38 PM
I can confirm, that there is a gap of 164 points between Ace and Legend. So you definitely need the complete amount of 864 points, with everything completed on hard + bonus.

TTR 683
07-12-2012, 07:57 PM
With normal aid on i completed the Imola F333 SP endurance quite easily.

Anyway, about the bonuses; in what are they actually counted for? If it's 864 points in total to reach Legend (gold 232, silver 212 modern 420), then what do the bonuses do? 216 bonuses to get.

BiG I Johnny
07-12-2012, 08:31 PM
The bonuses are already counted in the maximum amount of each era.

So if modern has 420 points, there are 105 races, with 315 normal points + 105 bonus.

DangerousK
07-12-2012, 10:18 PM

I can confirm, that there is a gap of 164 points between Ace and Legend. So you definitely need the complete amount of 864 points, with everything completed on hard + bonus.

Thanks for the information.

Definitely will not be trying for the full 1000.

Knaapster
07-14-2012, 12:07 PM
How big of a Ferrari fan are you?

well i'm a big Ferrari fan

MajickBullitt
07-14-2012, 01:03 PM
I am a huge Ferrari fan, but this game is a complete piece of shit. So if anyone is reading this trying to decide if they want the game or not, DO NOT buy it. I just wish someone else would have posted this earlier before I threw away my money on what is the worst racing game I have ever played, and I have played some real shit.:rant:

Obama bin laggn
07-14-2012, 08:29 PM
"the green gauntlet" requires 3 laps at nordschleife which takes bout 24-27 mins but u will start in 8th and have to finish 1st. The track has very few passing points and considering only 3 track cuts makes it really difficult even on easy. If u are lucky enough to get into the front without making any mistakes at all AND a little luck, u still won't be able to make a single hiccup or u will prob get pinballed into a magnetic gaurdrail by the ai that's gets to push thru u like they're on a rail. So, 25mins to pass 8 cars on the tightest track without bumping any if them or hitting any rumble strips cuz the 599 just loops out every time u try to push it a little :( really gay racing game

DangerousK
07-15-2012, 01:56 AM
OK I just finished up this game on hard difficulty a little while ago.

22.5 hours to run through this game on hard, I missed 22 bonus objectives.

I'm stuck with 900/1000 because I sure as fuck will not be going back to try for any of those bonus objectives any time soon.

It's an ok game.

If you need to play this, wait till it is under $20, it's not worth the $35 I paid for it.

900/1000 is more like a 1000 if you ask me...it's a shame, if they could have fixed the handling in this game a bit more, it would have been way easier. Some of the times needed to complete bonus objectives on hard are ridiculous. I imagine, rubbing sandpaper all over my dick might be more fun than trying to beat some of these bonus objectives.

I think the 250 GTO event around Misty Loch in the Golden Era is glitched. The one where you start on lap 90 and have to get into the top 3 for the bonus objective. I got into the top 2 and it did not register. Based on that, fuck this game. It's going on my shelf for all eternity now.

I'll check back periodically to see if anyone has questions.

I need to shower now, I feel dirty from this game.

TTR 683
07-15-2012, 06:40 PM
I think the 250 GTO event around Misty Loch in the Golden Era is glitched. The one where you start on lap 90 and have to get into the top 3 for the bonus objective. I got into the top 2 and it did not register. Based on that, fuck this game. It's going on my shelf for all eternity now.

LOL i thought it was me..yeah man all the other cars just got more and more away from me even if i raced impossible laptimes!

The 512 BB race on Monza where you can win the ENNA circuit is some crap too. Going to try once more!

DangerousK
07-15-2012, 06:54 PM
LOL i thought it was me..yeah man all the other cars just got more and more away from me even if i raced impossible laptimes!

The 512 BB race on Monza where you can win the ENNA circuit is some crap too. Going to try once more!

Is it an actual race?

Or is it something else?

Everything started to blur together with this game.

What I find beyond hysterical is that instead of perhaps grouping similar cars together for events, they opted to sprinkle unlike cars together. What I feel should have been done, is all missions should have featured road/production cars only in the mission's events. Same goes for the race cars.

The very final Modern Era mission has you using two F1 cars; the F2008 and the F2011. Then the last 2 events have you using the 458 Italia. I find it beyond ridiculous to go from driving a car that is fast, and has ungodly cornering ability, to a piece of shit for the final 2 events. I had to restart them constantly because it was like driving a boat after doing 10 laps around Spa Francorchamps in the F2011. The 458 sucks in this game, and it's a shame because it's a fantastic car in real life.

One thing I will give this game credit on are how the F1 engines sound...or any engine for that matter. They sound great.

AndreFlash83
07-16-2012, 04:39 PM
OK I just finished up this game on hard difficulty a little while ago.

22.5 hours to run through this game on hard, I missed 22 bonus objectives.

I'm stuck with 900/1000 because I sure as fuck will not be going back to try for any of those bonus objectives any time soon.

It's an ok game.

If you need to play this, wait till it is under $20, it's not worth the $35 I paid for it.

900/1000 is more like a 1000 if you ask me...it's a shame, if they could have fixed the handling in this game a bit more, it would have been way easier. Some of the times needed to complete bonus objectives on hard are ridiculous. I imagine, rubbing sandpaper all over my dick might be more fun than trying to beat some of these bonus objectives.

I'll check back periodically to see if anyone has questions.

I need to shower now, I feel dirty from this game.

Hey buddy i completed this game some days ago and for the challenge that u are pointing i think its glitched too, cause the secondary objective its to finish in top 3 but i finished in 3rd and 2nd and it wasnt unlocking, it just unlocked when i finished in 1st place and to get 1000/1000 u need to complete every challenge on hard but u can make the secondary objective on easy if u want even on timed challenges.

Knaapster
07-16-2012, 04:43 PM
mayb someone told this already but do you have to do every race on hard (to get all the medals)?

DangerousK
07-17-2012, 02:09 AM
Hey buddy i completed this game some days ago and for the challenge that u are pointing i think its glitched too, cause the secondary objective its to finish in top 3 but i finished in 3rd and 2nd and it wasnt unlocking, it just unlocked when i finished in 1st place and to get 1000/1000 u need to complete every challenge on hard but u can make the secondary objective on easy if u want even on timed challenges.

Hmmm....

Maybe I will check out what I have missed, and see if completing it on easy makes any difference. Do you know for certain if going back and doing a timed challenge on easy, after you have beaten it on hard, will unlock the secondary objective?

WoH Jabba81
07-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Hmmm....

Maybe I will check out what I have missed, and see if completing it on easy makes any difference. Do you know for certain if going back and doing a timed challenge on easy, after you have beaten it on hard, will unlock the secondary objective?

You will unlock it... but not the 3 points for hardmode. ;)

DangerousK
07-17-2012, 12:10 PM
You will unlock it... but not the 3 points for hardmode. ;)

Very nice!

Thank you.

Maybe 1000/1000 isn't impossible after all now lol.

I figure, if I could beat almost every secondary objective on hard, the ones I missed should be much easier on easy.

DangerousK
07-18-2012, 03:05 AM
Ok there we go!

I got the full 1000/1000 tonight.

Not sure if I am the first person on X360A to do this or not.

Either way, thanks for the advice on going back to the bonus objectives on easy.

It was a cakewalk at that point since I had done almost everything on Hard.

25 hours to get the full 1000.

Now I can finally say, FUCK THIS GAME.

:uzi: :AR15 :boom Test Drive Ferrari Legends

On a more serious note, what exactly would people rank the difficulty of this game at? I think 8.5 maybe 9, out of 10 on the difficulty scale. For people who are not good at racing games, this is probably a 10/10?

WoH Jabba81
07-18-2012, 05:24 AM
Ok there we go!

I got the full 1000/1000 tonight.

Not sure if I am the first person on X360A to do this or not.

Either way, thanks for the advice on going back to the bonus objectives on easy.

It was a cakewalk at that point since I had done almost everything on Hard.

25 hours to get the full 1000.

Now I can finally say, FUCK THIS GAME.

:uzi: :AR15 :boom Test Drive Ferrari Legends

On a more serious note, what exactly would people rank the difficulty of this game at? I think 8.5 maybe 9, out of 10 on the difficulty scale. For people who are not good at racing games, this is probably a 10/10?

Can confirm this... its hard for the nonskilled racers out there. Congrats on your 1000 ;)