PDA

View Full Version : This game is sick!!!

DERVISH888
01-21-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm not sure if it is the update for the Kinect, this awesome game or both, but the controls are amazing! I couldn't get over how responsive this game is. The movement of the flashlight, walking in place to move around, opening doors, drawers, etc. So responsive and fluid.

The story was cool and a VERY awesome ending!

The game was short, but the duration felt perfect.

Anyhow... I'm writing this thread in hopes that anyone "on the fence" should definitely take a look. It was a nice break from the usual relentless difficulty that we're used to with most games. You can nab all 200 achievement points with minimal difficulty.

Roaming around the house using the Kinect really sucks you in. It's exciting and there are many twists and turns.

Okay I'll shut up now. Buy this game and enjoy!!!

theduke1
01-21-2012, 03:54 PM
I took a gamble and bought it yesterday i do usually wait for reviews but i was pleaseantly suprised it plays very similiar to rise of nightmares but instead of putting one foot forward you walk on the spot basically lifting knees higher the faster you move it is pretty smooth and so far so good.

DERVISH888
01-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Nice! I did the same thing. My Kinect and I have been on a break for a while. I liked it when it first came, but the novelty kinda wore off for me. The response time on most games was kinda frustrating for me as well. This game was very crisp!!! I'm not sure if it was the update for the Kinect or not.

Nevertheless... I'm glad I went for it on this game. I loved it.

Fang Foom
01-23-2012, 12:28 PM
I was waiting for reviews but as I couldn't find any I went for it. I'm one of those people who enjoyed rise of nightmares and find this much better in terms of control..graphics and presentation are cool too

xvx Foot xvx
01-23-2012, 03:04 PM
My sentiments on this game exactly! One piece of advice that I would have for any one on the fence is download the trial and try it. The trial for this game is actually a very good representation of the feel and fun of this game. I literally bought the full game right after finishing the trial.

-foot

Baihu1983
01-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Only review ive seen is this

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-23-haunt-review

7/10

There's no getting away from the fact that Haunt is a slight experience, but it's also very charming and a game that is carefully crafted to work with both the Kinect controller and its intended young audience. Not a game you'll keep coming back to, but for parents it's still worth the 800 Microsoft Point asking price for the short but sweet entertainment it offers.

bob101910
01-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Thanks to all who posted about the game. Was on the fence.

Kinect still amazes me, but I grew up in a time where cell phones and video chat were in the same category as hover cars.

Coruba
01-24-2012, 03:35 PM
It was a fun distraction and easy 200gs but I've deleted it already, absolutely no replay value.

DERVISH888
01-27-2012, 12:50 AM
It was cheaper than a movie and twice as long. I don't need to play a game over and over to feel as though I got my monies worth. I thoroughly enjoyed myself while playing this one and felt it was well worth $10.00. I've eaten sandwiches that have cost more.

HellspawnRei
05-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Reading all these makes me wanna buy it,since i love Rise Of Nightmares and this looks abit like it.

Baihu1983
05-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Get it while you can, its 400MSP right now but shall go back to 800 in the next few hours.

Foxxy kyle
05-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Get it while you can, its 400MSP right now but shall go back to 800 in the next few hours.

Glad I got it...Super good deal for only 400msp

ScoobyWRX555
05-23-2012, 11:52 AM
not finding this smooth at all. Ive moved it above the tv and recalibrated it but it walks when im standing still.

Spectreshade85
06-27-2012, 03:46 AM
I got it today for free and while I really enjoy it and am surprised at how much fun it is, I find opening the drawers and doors a little tedious, just a tad bit too much.

Overall, though, I'm really glad I have it.