PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Orochi 3 NA/EU Releases Confirmed

SimDaddyGT
01-24-2012, 03:38 AM
According to TECMO-KOEI America and Europe, Warriors Orochi 3 has been confirmed for release in their respective regions on both Xbox 360 and PS3. The release dates are as followed:

NA - March 20, 2012
EU - March 30, 2012

There is, however, a hook to this early release posted on the Koei Warriors announcement:

One thing to note about this overseas release is that it will only have Japanese voices with English subtitles, possibly because adding English voices would have delayed the game much further and costed more due to its tremendous volume with more than 130 characters to interact with.

Source: http://www.koeiwarriors.co.uk/

It's a hard call to make on if this is a good or bad decision to eliminate English dubs, but I am thinking about the history of sales on DW/SW titles in my region (I do not personally know the popularity of the entire franchise in Europe, so my apologies). Over the past few years, many gamers that I have interacted with, whether online or in person, have expressed disapproval for the franchise as a whole because they feel that it constantly feels repetitive with every sequel and expansion. This, in turn, affects the sales of the games in our region and causes the company/companies to lose money. This is my personal opinion behind the cancellation of several games and expansions, including Warriors: Legends of Troy (360), Samurai Warriors 3Z/XL, Samurai Warriors 3 Empires, and Dynasty Warriors 7 XL (360).

In saying that, I personally feel that this was a hard, but fair decision to make. I do not say this to show negativity towards the English voice actors, because I love the work that they've done with each and every game. I also do not say this to show signs of impatience for a translated version so I can actually understand all the dialogue in the story. I say this based on what I've said in the above paragraph. It costs money to produce, translate, and release these games, and the sales just haven't been big enough here that they can really afford to pay 130-ish people to spend hours upon hours working on dialogue and the like. Regardless of their decision to only include English subtitles, I still plan to purchase this game when it releases in 2 months.

Thoughts on all of this?

Cifer Almasy
01-24-2012, 02:54 PM
DLC?
I mean... if they can make a sh*tload of DLC for DW7 (which I completed LONG before the DLC came out) they can also gives us english voices as DLC later on... 560 MS Points? XD

I won't cry because we don't get english voices. I started the series with German Voice over in DW3, which was extremely bad (but therefor somehow funny). Got used to the english voices by now (except DW Gundam... prefer Japanese Voice over in this one), but if they aren't included, so be it. The game will still be great!

Necrophage33
01-25-2012, 06:43 PM
I actually would prefer Japanese voices anyway. Most of the English voicing sounded ridiculous to me.

SemperVerus
01-26-2012, 09:18 AM
I normally play with the sound down and some tunes on anyway!

bentiancai
02-01-2012, 01:17 AM
So the release date is finally set, as what I saw, the achievement is relative easy in this game.

Raiben71
02-03-2012, 06:47 AM
I usually put up with the English until I get bored of it.

It's not that I mind one language to the other it's that English Dubs seem so boring/unenthusiastic compared to the foreign dub.

Or maybe they're the same and I just can't understand it :p

AQ Limited
02-04-2012, 07:28 AM
That's an AWESOME birthday present for me! Comes out on my actual birthday in the US!

athaby
02-04-2012, 11:20 PM
I think Japanese language is more proper for this game series .. so after 2 month it will release .. I can't wait to play by orochi :D

krazzr
02-17-2012, 02:14 AM
I don't mind, I love Japanese VAs, they sounded better than the English VAs in most Warriors games imho, the free JAP VAs for DW7 was a really welcomed addition.

I love Koei's Warriors series and am looking forward to play Orochi 3, hell yeahhh

The Mad Clown
02-17-2012, 04:17 AM
Considering that the English voices change every game, I don't think that I'll care, let alone notice, that they're missing in this game.

Honestly, I'm just geeked at the fact that this game is coming, not only to the US, but on the 360 as well! :Bounce:

I was sorely dissapointed that I was unable to play Warriors Orochi Z, Samurai Warriors 3 or DW7: XL :mad: But this helps ease the pain!

k1lla73dd1z
03-01-2012, 08:51 PM
does anyone know where we can buy it at NA because right now game stop, walmart, or best buy doesn't show if they are selling them or not.

RD TechNine
03-03-2012, 12:29 PM
actually chinese for the DW characters and japanese for the SW characters

KittyChan87
03-19-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm so glad this is actually coming out in America. I'd heard somewhere a while back that it wouldn't be released outside of Japan (like 5 or 6 other games I want to play). This only became available for pre order at my Game Stop like week before last. I was getting worried because I started asking a month or so ahead of the release date and they kept saying it wasn't listed. This one sounds like the most interesting one yet, very eager to play.

bentiancai
03-25-2012, 06:15 PM
PS3 users are now able to download this game from PSN, this time they are lucky guys.

amuro98
03-26-2012, 08:03 PM
The DW games aren't even in Chinese in Japan, so what are the chances of them doing that for the NA release?

Heck it took the English voice actors over a decade to finally get the Chinese pronunciation for the names correct. Sheesh, a decade of slaying "cow cow" and his son "cow pee".

I guess that's what happens when you transliterate Chinese into PinYin then hand that to a bunch of Americans who have only been taught to read Japanese Romaji.

KittyChan87
03-27-2012, 01:31 AM
The DW games aren't even in Chinese in Japan, so what are the chances of them doing that for the NA release?

Heck it took the English voice actors over a decade to finally get the Chinese pronunciation for the names correct. Sheesh, a decade of slaying "cow cow" and his son "cow pee".

I guess that's what happens when you transliterate Chinese into PinYin then hand that to a bunch of Americans who have only been taught to read Japanese Romaji.

They fixed the 'cow cow' thing by DW 5 at least, and completely corrected all the name pronunciations in 7. Better late than never right?

I feel a little thrown off now though because I started playing the other WO games while waiting for the new one to come out, now the change in the names I'm hearing sound unnatural just like it did when I first started playing DW 7.

Gleylancer
03-28-2012, 03:14 PM
and completely corrected all the name pronunciations in 7. Better late than never right?

Nope, some name pronounciations are still wrong. Guan Yu for example.

KittyChan87
03-30-2012, 08:09 PM
Nope, some name pronounciations are still wrong. Guan Yu for example.

I was wondering if that was the case but I wasn't sure because I don't know the Chinese language like I know the Japanese language. It seemed like some pronunciations of words and names didn't add up with the changes, but I thought there might be some exceptions in pronunciation like our language. Maybe they'll complete the corrections in WO3? Or the next Dynasty Warriors if they ever have one. *Fingers crossed*

arcanedarsen
04-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Anyone in Europe already have it? I look for release dates here in Spain stores and it says "April 13th", but in the EU release trailer it says "April 6th".

Someone, please? Can't wait anymore.

KittyChan87
04-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Anyone in Europe already have it? I look for release dates here in Spain stores and it says "April 13th", but in the EU release trailer it says "April 6th".

Did you try contacting Game Stop or any other game store in your area and asking if they have it or when they're expecting it?

ponypo2001
04-05-2012, 12:40 PM

It comes out here Friday. Mine arrived yesterday on pre order from shopto and a friends did also. Well worth getting too.

arcanedarsen
04-05-2012, 12:58 PM
I pre order it at Gameshop. Not a pre order exactly, I reserved it and when it comes out i gonna buy it at the store "in person".
In their database is listed as "April 13th release". Same release at other Spain stores as well.

Thanks for the answers. Sorry for my bad english.