PDA

View Full Version : Horrific Gameplay Footage

I CR0W I
01-25-2012, 05:06 AM
Ninja Gaiden 3 Chapter 2 gameplay (Part 1 of 3) - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRxeLKgHUYg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flmacnQ11wU

I am really disappointed. The obvious pandering to the CoD kids in the loading screen and the middle east army shit is depressing. There are more QTEs than Ninja Blade and both women in the video gave their tits modestly tucked away...this isn't Ninja Gaiden.

What next, a tacked on team deathmatch mode?

Oh wait

Anyways, there should be plenty of related videos for you to look at if you haven't seen this stuff already.

Devolon
01-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Yeah, the MP looks awful, but the campaign footage simply looks dull IMO.

Not sure about this one, I know I want this game because this is NINJA GAIDEN after all, but what they've shown so far is an uneasy mix of "been there, done that" gameplay and innovations that just don't look very good.

I CR0W I
01-28-2012, 10:54 AM
I really don't "get" what they're doing with that sword stuck in the body mechanic. I got sick of seeing him struggle to rip through people just by watching the vids, on Ninja Gaiden 2 I have yet to get bored of the obliteration techniques- many of them still make me laugh like a nutter or make an orgasmic groan at how brutal they are- and I've beaten the game about 10 times.

I miss moon face.

Devolon
01-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Agreed, this "sword on bone" thing gets old very fast, and the payoff isn't as satisfying as NG2's OTs. It's kinda optional, though: since they said that most of the enemies would be humanoids, and you'll only have the sword, I think I'll just izuna drop everything to death, like in NG1. Bleh.

I CR0W I
01-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Wait...where did you hear/read that there is only the one weapon in the game? Seriously? Good god.

Meanwhile Platinum Games, that are no strangers to making a challenging experience, have this up their slieves:

NINJA RAIDEN 3

More murderous "Ninja" gameplay in the middle east with only one weapon, except there's actual DIY gore in it. I have more faith in Platinum to make a solid action game than I do in what's left of Team Ninja. Whether you like it or not, there's no real reason to buy NG3 over this Metal Gear thing...

Devolon
01-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Check the E3 developper walkthroughs on gametrailers, Hayashi says the game will be more about the story, will feature humanoid enemies mostly and that it will focus on the sword in single player.

BTW, giantbomb's quick look is out, it features the london level from E3, and it's DULL.

I CR0W I
01-29-2012, 05:12 PM
BTW, giantbomb's quick look is out, it features the london level from E3, and it's DULL.

Haha yes I literally just watched that. One guy was saying how he just mashes the buttons to get by, the blood without dismemberment was just wierd and the constant breaks in the action to have a little scripted event or minigame or woman talking in your ear are just boring. The enemies have absolutely no game, I loved how the black spider ninja guys never quit until they were dead. They were to be feared and respected.

Keikofuri
02-01-2012, 01:22 AM
Looking at those videos, I'm very disappointed! The Ninja Gaiden series was the reason I bought an Xbox in the first place because of the old school difficulty and the exclusivity! But now, the series seems to have changed: it went multi-platform et it wants to be more "accessible" (-_-')

Dark Anaconda
02-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Looking at those videos, I'm very disappointed! The Ninja Gaiden series was the reason I bought an Xbox in the first place because of the old school difficulty and the exclusivity! But now, the series seems to have changed: it went multi-platform et it wants to be more "accessible" (-_-')

I totally agree with you ,when the PS3 and XBOX360 was released ,i bought the Playstation 3 together with Assassins Creed and Ninja Gaiden Sigma ( i never heard about ninja gaiden before at this time ).

I bought the PS3 because 1) i had a ps1 and ps2 so next would be ps3 and 2) when i saw a gameplay video i couldn`t believe the awesomness about this brilliant game!

Oh-my-god i fucking sold my ps3 together with those games JUST to get Ninja fucking Gaiden 2!!

Now we have to face NG3 ,and i wished that this game would be hard or harder than the previous game (just for the reputation of this game ) but what i have seen so far , gives me the feeling ,that NG3 will be EASIER than the previous games...what a dissappointing...OK OK there is a "Noob-Mode" for casual players ALRIGHT I CAN ACCEPT THAT ,but for gods sake please do a Ninja Master Mode ,take the difficulty from NG1 or NG2 ,or make it harder but please don`t let it by " Very Hard " Mode...for gods sake please no!!

And fuck i don`t need this multiplayer shit...the moves and skills are almost the same as in the storyline (from ryu)...

If you want to bring a multiplayer ,just do a Mission Mode ,which you can play alone or in coop with a friend ( like in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 ,which i never played), that would be fantastic ,you can also bring Hayate as a DLC Character ,since Ryu is wearing Jinran-Maru (hayates sword ) so this would make many ppl happy ,since there are like 3 Girls everytime and only 1 Man > 2 mans Ryu ,Hayate and 3 girls : Ayane ,Kasumi ,Momiji ,would be awesome.

Well anyway ,i will play it before i judge completely..... maybe it turns out to be really good than expected. We will see.

Mercury
02-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Holy. Shit.

What the fuck have they done?! No dismembering?!?! That's seriously my favorite part of the other games. You do an upward cut; an arm gets cut off. You do the flying swallow; heads roll.

I was so excited for this game, but after watching these videos, the lack of gore, the QTE's, the COD style mission briefing, I doubt I'm going to get this one. I guess that's what happens when you replace your lead designer.

Dark Anaconda
02-14-2012, 02:15 AM
I guess that's what happens when you replace your lead designer.

Hmmm...Itagaki is creating a game called "Devils Third" ,you should watch the trailer...maybe we will find the essence of Ninja Gaiden in this game rather than in NG3.

I will play NG3 but i won`t expect anything ,this way i want to avoid getting dissapointed........

EDIT: There are new screens here

http://www.playstationfront.de/screenshots_galerie-1225-5268-48932-Ninja_Gaiden_3_Sony_PlayStation_3.html#start

I am really dissappointed ,look at the "Mission Mode" instead of fighting with the "Hero" Characters like Ryu ,Ayane ,Kasumi ,Momiji you will fight with these cheap ass Ryu copies called "Multiplayer Characters" ,i fucking hate this ,i was suppose to be enjoy this game really much ,like i enjoyed NG and NG2 ,but it seems like i will make this game real quick to 1250Gs and then i will play another game.

At least they should have made the Mission Mode much better ,including some Characters as DLC or give us the opportunity to unlock them in the Story/Multiplayer Mode would be a way to make the Mission Mode very attractive. I wonder if there is anybody else who feels the same.

BTW there is another video here:

NINJA GAIDEN 3 - EU TOUR GAMEPLAY (EXCLUSIVE) - YouTube

Shigurui
02-22-2012, 06:10 AM
^^ Saw that vid a few days ago. Oh my fuck this game is a mess. :eek:

F Swan
02-27-2012, 12:40 AM
That Metal Gear looks awesome.

BIG L RETURNS
02-28-2012, 01:31 AM
Meh. Team Ninja is gonna regret this one. Just watch. The ninja gaiden fan base is going to blow up because of this sorry excuse for a ninja gaiden game. They think they have it under control......THIS will be their wake up call believe me. The creator is gone anyway so i guess we should expect this :/

Its just disappointing that they had a lot of time to fix this game. The E3 demo launched and there was an outcry due to the fact that there was no dismemberment. why did they not pay attention to this along with all the other complaints.

Multiplayer, DLC, the gaming industries just want money. they don't care about anything else anymore. if 5 year olds can play there game and they can make more money they don't care, they'll sacrifice the core audience to do it.

jackofblades
03-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Its not that bad better then i thought it was going it be and it could have been a lot worse

a7x4lyf3
03-03-2012, 01:47 PM
I don't know why there's so much hate towards this game, it looks like it could be really fun and enjoyable, and they're technically not QTE's, they are part of combo's, the only reason there's a button that pops up on the screen while cutting is because it's a tutorial, once you've done it enough or advance further after you've learned it those tutorials go away and all you do is press the button, I'm a huge Ninja Gaiden fan, I admit I'm a bit disappointed with the path they chose to go down but I have faith in it nonetheless, maybe with Itagaki gone we'll finally get a solid well made story this time around because let's be real here, Itagaki only cared about 3 things, gore, violence, and big boobs.

jackofblades
03-03-2012, 04:20 PM
To be fair the Dismemberments and Gore made it one of the things that people enjoyed

The Bum-Mobile
03-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Yeah, it does look very disappointing. Multiplayer looks like it'd be fun, if that, for five minutes, and the game does look very dull. Originally when they said they wanted to make dismemberment less common and more dramatic, I was intrigued. Seeing that gameplay though... It's just splashes of blood with no payoff.

I'm sure this has much to do with Itagaki (Itagaki? Think that's right...) leaving the studio. From what I understand, he's a bit of a character who kind of shaped Ninja Gaiden into what it's known for: big tits and crazy violence. I'm sure with him gone, whoever took over wanted to differentiate himself from Itagaki's work, while still continuing his franchises. Just speculation.

As for Metal Gear Rising, I was disappointed at first. I'm a die-hard Metal Gear fan. and seeing such a great concept turned into a straight-up action game disappointed me. Then I realized that Platinum Games was made up of incredibly talented people with a huge list of great games under their belt. Definitely the victor in the "modern ninja action" genre for this year.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Wtf. Its.lightnings voice again! Shes stalking me

jackofblades
03-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Wtf. Its.lightnings voice again! Shes stalking me

wrong game : P

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Her.voice actor is stalking me

Devolon
03-04-2012, 10:33 AM
let's be real here, Itagaki only cared about 3 things, gore, violence, and big boobs.

What's wrong with that? And you forgot to mention that NG2's battle engine is fantastic. NG3's doesn't look nearly as good, that's kind of the main reason why most NG vets aren't too happy.

rc deaths agent
03-13-2012, 03:02 AM
What's wrong with that? And you forgot to mention that NG2's battle engine is fantastic. NG3's doesn't look nearly as good, that's kind of the main reason why most NG vets aren't too happy. I agree. And if this only use one weapon rumor is true.....oh boy. It was so awesome using different weapons, leveling them up and doing there ut's and ot's. Such a deep and verry rewarding battle system in ng2.

Dark Anaconda
03-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Here is a new Launch Trailer since yesterday:

NINJA GAIDEN 3 - Launch Trailer - YouTube

We will get our answers very soon

jackofblades
03-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Genshin! how.....

Dark Anaconda
03-13-2012, 12:51 PM
@jackofblades: I think the scene with Genshin will be some kind of flashback, but we will see the truth in 1 week. ;)

jackofblades
03-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Blah thats a shame Genshin was great :)

Prisoner8490
03-13-2012, 10:34 PM
I really feel i cant contain my disappointment anymore. I went through hell to get that 1250 on NG2, and honestly it was probably the most rewarding thing I've ever done in terms of my gaming, 8 weapons, each with a HUGE list of different combos, the gore, the gameplay and how when you finally master it, you dont feel like a badass, YOU BECOME a badass.

With what i "feel' with this new game...it's jus..."off", idk how to explain it. It just doesn't really feel like where ng2 comes from, the gameplay is SOOO SLOW compared to ng2, and honestly yeah i do miss the body parts and chunks fling everywhere, it was a result of me beating the crap out of everything in sight whether it be claws/staff/dual swords/a friggin huge wolverine scythe, the one thing ninja gaiden 2 (IMO) did right was well...the gameplay.

Besides the camera, the gameplay was fan-freaking tastic, and the more i watch these vids, the more disappointed i get and say "what are they thinking?" oh yeah, and scans saying that "past weapons will be DLC while the game itself focuses only on swords" gahhhhh noooooo =(

The Clutch Hand
03-19-2012, 12:32 AM
yeah I'm still up in the air about this one. Its getting a lot of crap and whats with there being a higher difficulty than MASTER NINJA that should be the highest? No essence and with all the QTE events it seems like they're taking a step back which I knew was going to happen. I'm probably going to buy this just because its Ninja Gaiden but..........

jackofblades
03-19-2012, 01:01 AM
:D cant wait... it could have been a lot worse so

Foxhound300
03-19-2012, 02:15 AM
No essenceThat's to stop people from farming, which was the only way that many people beat Ninja Gaiden 2. The QTEs might be a little much, but seriously all they are are OTs.

rc deaths agent
03-19-2012, 03:42 AM
That's to stop people from farming, which was the only way that many people beat Ninja Gaiden 2. The QTEs might be a little much, but seriously all they are are OTs. So, instead of developing a good solid essence system that works they decided to take it out all together? Seems a bit lazy to me. I don't even care about the currency part of it really, but it was a verry important part of gameplay/combat for me. Not sure how they replace that, or even if they can replace it.

To me the gameplay just seems lacking without it (that and a number of other things). But who knows it might still be fun.

Foxhound300
03-19-2012, 04:07 PM
It's also to control your ability to do UTs. Which I imagine is the only reason they were an "important part of gameplay" for you.

And there is no way to balance a currency system in a game where you can upgrade your weapons. Eventually people are going to discover which weapon is OP (like the Claws in Ninja Gaiden 2) and then there goes much of the difficulty.

Devolon
03-19-2012, 04:20 PM
And there is no way to balance a currency system in a game where you can upgrade your weapons. Eventually people are going to discover which weapon is OP (like the Claws in Ninja Gaiden 2) and then there goes much of the difficulty.

Except that, if we are to trust the internet, all NG2 weapons but the flails are OP ;)

Foxhound300
03-19-2012, 04:52 PM
I must have missed all those posts. Three best weapons in Ninja Gaiden 2 were the Lunar, the claws, and the scythe. Only use for the dragon sword was gap closing until you got the claws, the chain weapon was only good against the giant skeleton boss, twin swords were fun to watch in action but the dragon sword is better than them, and as you already said the flails are worthless.

Dark Anaconda
03-19-2012, 05:01 PM
@Foxhound: In my opinion every weapon was usefull ,depending on the situation.

The Tonfas were extremly powerfull against mechanic monsters for example, sometimes i had the feeling that this weapon was a little bit overpowered ,but i didn`t care it was still badass.

Look at this awesomness.. :D

Ninja Gaiden 2-Tonfa madness - YouTube

cheevo360
03-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Horrible game. I cannot believe Temco bring 3rd series into trash then into milky world lol

Oh well look at first video and I am laughing this worst horrible footage then other worst footage :)

Funny Koei got lots of awful titles so Temco is work with Koei and now Ninja Gaiden 3 become their next title for more trash into Koei group lol

I wish Temco group remove from Koei group!!

Foxhound300
03-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Horrible game. I cannot believe Temco bring 3rd series into trash then into milky world lol

Oh well look at first video and I am laughing this worst horrible footage then other worst footage :)

Funny Koei got lots of awful titles so Temco is work with Koei and now Ninja Gaiden 3 become their next title for more trash into Koei group lol

I wish Temco group remove from Koei group!!

You've really just gone on every thread and posted the same blank negativity. Why?

Devolon
03-20-2012, 12:36 AM
I must have missed all those posts. Three best weapons in Ninja Gaiden 2 were the Lunar, the claws, and the scythe. Only use for the dragon sword was gap closing until you got the claws, the chain weapon was only good against the giant skeleton boss, twin swords were fun to watch in action but the dragon sword is better than them, and as you already said the flails are worthless.

As usual, we'll have to agree to disagree, and I never said the flails were worthless. I did 6 of my 8 weapon achievements on mentor and got all gold without too much problem, as they all worked fine. All weapons have at least a couple uber useful moves you can build your game on and a couple enemies they match up very well against, and none of them has a flaw the windmill shuriken or a couple IS can't fix; but this belongs to the NG2 board, where you will be able to find all those posts you missed.

Spartanwarninja
03-20-2012, 01:15 AM
,none of them has a flaw the windmill shuriken or a couple IS can't fix; but this belongs to the NG2 board
Yeah, that and Arrows in mission mode survival for flails was absolutely crucial for me to get over 2mil+.

Ahh now I wanna play MM again thanks -_-.

rc deaths agent
03-20-2012, 01:53 AM
It's also to control your ability to do UTs. Which I imagine is the only reason they were an "important part of gameplay" for you.

And there is no way to balance a currency system in a game where you can upgrade your weapons. Eventually people are going to discover which weapon is OP (like the Claws in Ninja Gaiden 2) and then there goes much of the difficulty. I understand what you're saying but imo your logic is flawed. As far as my experience goes, playing on MN the way you used/controlled essence, ut's, if's,ot's was vital for survival and in no way easy to exploit but a core (master) gameplay element. Just one more thing that seperated the softcore from the hardcore NG player.

And it seems to me with the limited weapons, no upgrades and no essence most of the elements that allowed hardcore gamers to really dig in and have a great deep gameplay experience is gone.

cheevo360
03-20-2012, 04:27 AM
You've really just gone on every thread and posted the same blank negativity. Why?

Because it is shocked that Ninja Gaiden 3 is terrible and before game reviews and release this week, I though it will be amazing and brilliant game like 1st and 2nd series but fucked damn Team Ninja failed on it. Never though it would be oh well. :)

Cannot wait for play it to cheevos

Edit: Look at BioWare, they did fantastic job with trilogy of Mass Effect so why not Team Ninja do same to Ninja Gaiden trilogy oh well now Ninja Gaiden is not trilogy because 3rd series is rip off.

Foxhound300
03-20-2012, 04:51 AM
Except that the end of ME3 was a horrible and killed the whole trilogy.

Devolon
03-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Yeah, that and Arrows in mission mode survival for flails was absolutely crucial for me to get over 2mil+.

Ahh now I wanna play MM again thanks -_-.

Most of all, I'm gonna miss the windmill shuriken, the UT was just ridiculously badass.

One Winged Joker
03-20-2012, 02:16 PM
I began to feel something really stinky around Ninja Gaiden III when flying limbs were confirmed to be out of the series, half a year ago. I hope I'm wrong.