PDA

View Full Version : Possible re-release as separate titles?

TVthePunisher
01-27-2012, 04:19 AM
I saw this and I'm going to post it for the sake of discussion...if they did appear on the marketplace, would they get the same individual lists as the PS3 version's trophies? They had like 40 something a piece...;>_> I mean I don't mind, that's separate completed games one way or the other (200 or 1000) but...I don't know about redoing Virtually Impossible X_X

I got this from another thread on the SH Collection.

With help from Bluepoint Games, Konami remastered three Metal Gear Solid games and sold them on a single disc as Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Then Konami split up the package and sold each game separately on PlayStation Network in Japan. Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, and Peace Walker will also be re-released on Xbox Live Arcade later this year.

It appears Konami will use the same strategy for Silent Hill HD Collection. Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 were rated as standalone PS3 and Xbox 360 titles by PEGI, Europe’s video game rating board.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/26/is-silent-hill-hd-collection-also-coming-to-psn-and-xbla/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Silicone ra%29

Your thoughts on it I guess, just a rumor or misinformation...reality perhaps?

I'm just going to throw out there that the report is incorrect on one aspect: the games were released on TWO discs on the 360. Now they may have been referencing the PS3 but MGS2/MGS3 are on Disc 1 and PW on Disc 2. And to my knowledge, in Japan PW is sold as a separate game while MGS2/MGS3 are on a single disc.

tehapoc
01-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Probably not.

Japan had the Resident Evil HD Collection given to them digitally and through retail and they didn't have separate achievement lists.

Ceris
01-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Probably not.

Japan had the Resident Evil HD Collection given to them digitally and through retail and they didn't have separate achievement lists.
I don't think MGS will get new achievement lists either, I think if you download one, you are screwed at getting the 1k if you don't download the other. That's just a theory though:p

MoldyClay87
01-28-2012, 11:04 AM
I don't think MGS will get new achievement lists either, I think if you download one, you are screwed at getting the 1k if you don't download the other. That's just a theory though:p

Oh wow, that brings up a very interesting thought. I really doubt they'd do that, but I also doubt they'd make separate achievement lists.

However, it's also possible that MGS2/MGS3 will still be packed together, as one download, while PW is released on its own, as opposed to MGS2, MGS3 and MGSPW as 3 different downloads.

Guess we'll see.

TVthePunisher
01-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Well I mention additional achievements due to the PS3 Trophies list.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/metal-gear-solid-2-hd/trophies/
http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater-hd/trophies/

Both MGS2 and MGS3 have FORTY-SIX trophies and APPEAR TO BE separate titles, while the MGSHD collection gives MGS2 24 achievements and MGS3 26. I mean if they were released separately and allowed to have those additional achievements that were trophies on the PS3 versions...I'd be happy.

tehapoc
01-29-2012, 02:47 AM
Yeah, that doesn't matter at all.

I'm more pissed that we didn't get a Shadow of the Colossus/ICO HD collection. Very irrelevant, though.

TVthePunisher
01-29-2012, 03:32 AM
Yeah, that doesn't matter at all.

I'm more pissed that we didn't get a Shadow of the Colossus/ICO HD collection. Very irrelevant, though.

Exclusivity, I hate it =/ so many games I want to play on the PS3 but can't...since I don't have one anymore *sigh*.