PDA

View Full Version : New Banjo-Kazooie (Banjo Threeie)

A10Hero
08-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Just in case anyone hasn't heard, Rare is currently working on a new Banjo-Kazooie game for the 360! If you haven't played the older Banjo-Kazooies on the N64, Banjo-Kazooie was an adventure game that was very quirky and cartoony and at the same time very humorous. Banjo was the stronger character (the bear) who used his strength (and yellow shorts) to fight the various monsters you encounter while Kazooie (the red bird) was often used as a weapon or tools. He could be used to peck enemy's, fly, swim, and other various useful things. Kazooie is often stuffed into Banjo's blue backpack... i forgot the exact reason why.

But now Rare is making a new one (which would be the 3rd installment). Rare hasn't released any information about this game's story or specific information. The only thing they have released is an official trailer showing the new character models, but some similarities to the past game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://youtube.com/watch?v=ePgIGmYv-sY

-also discuss-
Has anyone ever played the old Banjo-Kazooie games before?

Raxor
08-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Awesome, something ive been waiting for a long time - loved the n64 ones. Thanks for this

Zef
08-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Most people have known since last E3, when the trailer you posted was shown. So this isn't new =)

Since it is still early days, I hope they decide to improve the character design on Banjo. He's too blocky and doesn't look as familiar as Kazooie does. It should be a great game though, so long as it comes out this decade.

A10Hero
08-14-2007, 11:24 AM
I know its not that new of news but I dont think that many people have been aware of it. I loved the Banjo-kazooie series alot and I didnt even know (but I also didnt see all of E3...).

Also I agree, I know Banjo-kazooie is suppose to look cartoony but those character models are too geometrical.

Comon ST
08-14-2007, 11:27 AM
That trailer is fucking awsome. I loved Banjo Kazooie, and I would skip school and wait in line to get this game as its that awsome.

The first game was so comical. I want to go dish out my N64 or go buy one to play the first game >.<

JJBDude
08-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Saw that trailer over a year ago at e3 2006, but yeah should be a great game.

IIFBDII Woody
08-14-2007, 12:08 PM
I loved the first one. Must have completed it 5 or 6 times. :)

The second one was slightly to ambitious and tried to do too much...hope the 360 version doesn't just cram things in for the sake of it...

Exane22
08-14-2007, 12:21 PM
I also saw the trailer a while back but havent heard anything since, to bad :( But i loved the earlier games on the 64. Personally i cant wait to find out more bout this game, it is going to be sweet.

PS, Has anyone heard anything bout this game. If you have any info please....

Zef
08-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Rare have a habit of releasing very little information about games still in the early development stages, since it was announced they have been working on the two Viva Pinata games so they probably didn't get a whole lot done on BK3.

There is speculation that it might be a remake of the two previous games into one title with updated graphics etc. But that doesn't sound like it would be as good as a brand new game. Although Rare remade Conker for the Xbox so it isn't out of the question.

I guess we wait until E3 08 when Rare will shock us all with the information that it will be out within a week and will be the greatestestest game ever.

infradude
08-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Click (http://xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31855) ;) Can't wait for the game. I want to play it so badly!

teh x3nomorph
08-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Im definately excited about this.

Months of my life were wasted playing Banjo-Kazooie.

Searching for all those freaking puzzle peices.

Im tired of waiting for games .. I want my new stuff NOW.

deej brutal
08-14-2007, 04:25 PM
man i remember i would spend hours looking for those stupid honeycombs or jigsaw puzzles, i dont recall which of the two was the one you had to collect one hundred of, but soooo many hours were spent on this game.

hopefully rare releases a remake of goldeneye 007 and killer instinct! i doubt it but i can only wish :(

SteveBIRK
08-14-2007, 04:29 PM
kool there makin a new one i liked the n64 one and proly will just rent this one. it will proly have easy acheimnets too.

Zef
08-14-2007, 04:33 PM
man i remember i would spend hours looking for those stupid honeycombs or jigsaw puzzles, i dont recall which of the two was the one you had to collect one hundred of, but soooo many hours were spent on this game.

hopefully rare releases a remake of goldeneye 007 and killer instinct! i doubt it but i can only wish :(

JIGGIES!
http://www.maxoegames.com/banjo-kazooie/icon_jiggy.jpg

And Rare don't have the right to James Bond games anymore. EA snatched up and subsequently ruined that franchise.

Who128
08-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Oh man! Banjo-Kazooie = one of the best platform games...i just can't wait to see the achievements!

LordDurham
08-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Ok just one question before I say something else, who is Banjo and who is Kazooi? :p

I played a bit on N64, enough at least because I still remember the game. I had a lot of fun, but I was a Playstation One's fan at this time (Stay quiet on this information please :p).

Brighton X
08-14-2007, 07:25 PM
I've played both Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie. I hated Banjo-Kazooie, but loved Banjo-Tooie.

teh x3nomorph
08-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Banjo is the bear, and Kazooie is the Bird who stays in his backpack.

http://www.gamecritics.com/feature/editorial/thoughtpr200212/image03.jpg

Who128
08-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Im gonna preorder this bad boy when it becomes available

Brighton X
08-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Banjo is the bear, and Kazooie is the Bird who stays in his backpack.

http://www.gamecritics.com/feature/editorial/thoughtpr200212/image03.jpg

But in Banjo Tooie, Kazooie could change between bird & a dragon. The dragon version was sweet.

deej brutal
08-14-2007, 08:59 PM
JIGGIES!
http://www.maxoegames.com/banjo-kazooie/icon_jiggy.jpg

And Rare don't have the right to James Bond games anymore. EA snatched up and subsequently ruined that franchise.

your right, i thought it was jiggies but i couldnt remember haha.
damn ea! rares 007 was easily one of my favorite multiplayer games of all time, and the others after that were so so

Pyroman31
08-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Played this game NON-STOP back in the day. By far, my favorite game of all time. Still play it to this day. Too bad we haven't heard any news on this game...what-so-ever.

Dashman232
08-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Dude, i loved their first two. I played it for like 70+ hours AFTER i beat it the first time. I am getting this for sure.

solid_bam
08-15-2007, 05:36 AM
Heard about this game last fall and can't wait for more info or even better a release date is given. I remember back when when I was in 5th grade I couldn't stop playing the Banjo Kazooie games. I hope this game is way better than any of the other games that Rare has created since being bought out by Microsoft.

Glyndinn
08-15-2007, 05:39 AM
I'll definitely rent this game...the first one was fun and it's nice to have a light hearted game to go to once in a while.

oneandonlytommo
08-15-2007, 08:00 AM
best game ever i loved playing this on my n64 it was such a fun game , hopefully it comes out soon i cant wait :woop::)

VaRIABLE SoUL
08-15-2007, 08:37 AM
i loved the first Banjo, that game was mad fun. the second one was pretty good and i hope this third one will be awesome

IIFBDII Woody
08-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Rare have a habit of releasing very little information about games still in the early development stages, since it was announced they have been working on the two Viva Pinata games so they probably didn't get a whole lot done on BK3.

There is speculation that it might be a remake of the two previous games into one title with updated graphics etc. But that doesn't sound like it would be as good as a brand new game. Although Rare remade Conker for the Xbox so it isn't out of the question.

If Rare did that, i'd be so pissed off. Seems unlikely or why would the developing be taking them so long.

There was a rumour a while back that the original banjo kazzoie would be released onto xbox live arcade as well which would have kicked so much ass. Can't remember where I read that though...:( That seems a bit unlikely as well now...

zapp_8rannigan
08-16-2007, 05:10 PM
I loved the first one. Must have completed it 5 or 6 times. :)

The second one was slightly to ambitious and tried to do too much...hope the 360 version doesn't just cram things in for the sake of it...

what he said
first game = perfection (imo...loved mario64 but banjo really rocked the boat for me)
second game, was bizarely too epic for my tastes

as for banjo 1 begin released on xbox live...cant see it happening...surely nintendo own the rights to at least that game?
god i would so love that though.....ohhh man...game could have some incredable achievements!

infradude
08-16-2007, 05:38 PM
surely nintendo own the rights to at least that game?

Microsoft owns rare, rare owns banjo, so no nintendo does not own banjo.

zapp_8rannigan
08-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Microsoft owns rare, rare owns banjo, so no nintendo does not own banjo.

yeah but that game was released on the nintendo 64, wouldnt that mean that nintendo would hold at least some of the licence over that game?
although it did work for conker i geuss...
either way....i'd still love to see it on xbox live arcade!

jab1981
08-18-2007, 11:22 PM
In response to the question of who owns what...

Keep in mind Viva Pinata (a Rare game on the Microsoft 360) will be making an appearance on the Nintendo DS. So these sorts of things can work themselves out.

zapp_8rannigan
08-24-2007, 01:11 PM
i will unload in my pants if it comes out on xbox live....
although...it would be much cooler with 1000 points! :)

nosher
03-26-2008, 05:04 PM
i cant wait it was so good on the b64
its going to be a retail not arcade

the_b1ues
04-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Come on i need more info I saw the trailer ages ago

Shaynringan
04-09-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm pretty sure the info will get here eventually as it is released. :)

JakK93
05-13-2008, 07:44 PM
i wonder how grunty will come back this time? lol can't wait