PDA

View Full Version : Invasion comic included with the N7 Collector's Edition?

rikkeh105
01-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Is this going to be the full four issues, or just the first one? I know it's supposed to have a special cover and whatnot.

:confused:

The TPB of Invasion comes out in April, but I would prefer to read it before Mass Effect 3 comes out, not after.

Captain Urahara
01-30-2012, 11:51 PM
The ME3 Collector's Edition trailer shows it only as Issue #1 so I would assume it's just the first issue.

inFAMOUS 2 had a very similar thing going where it gave the first issue of the short comic series with different cover art as part of the Hero Edition.

Rivercurse
01-30-2012, 11:55 PM
I'd imagine this will be issue 1 only. ME2 shipped with a Redemption issue 1 out of 4.

Frankly, you're not missing out on much. In general the comics are terrible, and I thought Invasion was probably one of the worst out of the whole bunch.

I'd suggest just reading the wiki for the synopsis, and saving your eyes.

rikkeh105
01-31-2012, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the responses.

I like reading them mostly for bits of the story that aren't explained in full in the games.
Maybe I'll just end up checking it out at the library then.

Also, without major spoilers, is Aria going to be in ME3 in a larger role than she was in ME2?

Rivercurse
01-31-2012, 12:41 AM
Also, without major spoilers, is Aria going to be in ME3 in a larger role than she was in ME2?

Without a doubt.

rikkeh105
01-31-2012, 01:53 PM
I would love for her to be a squad member, even if it was just for one mission. A former commando, a matriarch, and just all-around powerful Asari. It would be interesting to say the least.

jules the great
01-31-2012, 03:52 PM
I'd like to see Aria again. She had a very interesting story. One of the better Non Squad personalities in ME2.

rikkeh105
02-01-2012, 12:10 AM
She has a rough exterior, but you can tell she has soft spots. It's similar to Jack, but I like Aria a lot more. She is one of the better NPCs in Mass Effect. There's something oddly likeable about her.

Opiate42
02-01-2012, 08:12 PM
I'd imagine this will be issue 1 only. ME2 shipped with a Redemption issue 1 out of 4.

Frankly, you're not missing out on much. In general the comics are terrible, and I thought Invasion was probably one of the worst out of the whole bunch.

I'd suggest just reading the wiki for the synopsis, and saving your eyes.

Indeed, a mini-issue of #1, shrunk to fit the game case. It was cute small.

Well they're not brilliant (we're not talking the Death of Superman or the Captain American Civil War series here)but I wouldn't say terrible. They were decent, I bought the whole volume in it's entirety when it came out and enjoyed it.

Looking forward to the mini-issue in ME3.

Aria rules. Are we turning into a small Aria fan-club here?