PDA

View Full Version : COD 4 Server Shutdown??

Arkadian Jedi
01-31-2012, 04:10 PM
Heard a rumour that they're thinking of shutting down the servers for this game.....anyone else heard that??

Ceris
01-31-2012, 05:28 PM
I highly doubt it since Call of Duty 2's servers are still up and running. CoD 4 is still considered a good game, and people still play it. I think shutting them down would be a huge mistake, regardless the number of hackers that play. Also, they have prestige tokens in MW3 wrapped around the older games, so shutting down one of the games you need to prestige in doesn't make sense.

Man On The Moon
02-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Based on the fact that COD 2 servers were still up last time I played last year; I do not see COD 4 being shut down anytime soon. The only justification for shutting these servers down would be the amount of problems the game has, however, the game is still a blast in private matches with friends. The best COD to date IMO.

Snoop QC
05-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Don't worry, as long as EA doesn't host the servers, those will stay up and running. Simply because Activision doesn't shut down servers just because there are only a few thousands of people playing!