PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon gets Signature Edition!

AirborneRichard
01-31-2012, 06:38 PM
Good news for all ghost recon fans and something to ease the pain of the many delays, yes ghost recon gets a sort of limited edition called Signature Edition!
Here the details!

Ghost Recon - Future Soldier Signature Edition includes:
- Two ultimate weapons: MK-14 and AK-47
- Two unique weaponskins: Tigerstripe, Winter Digital
- 48 exclusive Headgear Skins
- Exclusive Multiplayer Map: Moscow Suburbs

As far details go on most of the stores when pre-ordered this edition will cost you the same as the regular edition.
So get yours now!

The Bum-Mobile
02-04-2012, 10:20 PM
48 different headgear options? Could've sworn it was just one.

Well, I was in Gamestop yesterday and they had a poster up for the Signature Edition and, indeed, there are 48 headgear items. But man, 48! Wonder how many there will be in the game otherwise.

Matt36
02-07-2012, 01:08 AM
Won't bother pre-ordering if I get this, will likely be easy to come by in store, like other games with alt. editions.

DEG23
02-07-2012, 02:11 AM
I personally don't go for the in game content, i prefer spending money on the limited/CE edition if there is physical content like artbooks & statues.

I'll probably import this cheap and save myself some cash but it's nice to see that the game still gets a special edition.

Matt36
02-07-2012, 02:13 AM
I personally don't go for the in game content, i prefer spending money on the limited/CE edition if there is physical content like artbooks & statues.

I'll probably import this cheap and save myself some cash but it's nice to see that the game still gets a special edition.

Same here. I made the mistake with RAGE. I paid extra for in game extras I didn't care about. Prefer to have a book or something worth while for my extra pennies.

Hasenpflug
02-24-2012, 10:38 PM
And yet here I am wanting to get this for the MK14.. Closest thing I get in modern war games to the Garand..

The Bum-Mobile
02-25-2012, 11:05 PM
You guys realize that the special editions for both this and Rage were free upgrades for pre-orders and people who bought it early?

deadpool316
03-15-2012, 04:09 PM
I live in the UK and the only place selling the signature editon is GAME but it looks like they will be shutting down soon. So dose anyone knowvof a other retailer selling the sig editon

EDDS
04-03-2012, 12:37 PM
I live in the UK and the only place selling the signature editon is GAME but it looks like they will be shutting down soon. So dose anyone knowvof a other retailer selling the sig editon

You can get it directly from the UBI shop. You also get a few of the pre order bonuses from there.

shop.ubi.com

OceanH
04-11-2012, 06:38 AM
In Canada (FutureShop-exclusive, sister to BestBuy):

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Limited Edition (XBOX 360) - Future Shop Exclusive

http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/Products/500x500/101/10197/10197936.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ghost-recon-future-soldier-limited-edition-xbox-360-future-shop-exclusive/10197936.aspx?path=b28fe4bd119e78a737a4bb013f4e549 ben02

GameStop (US)/EBGames (Canada)

- Bonus Moscow Suburb In-Game Co-op Multiplayer Map
- 2 Bonus In-Game Weapons
- Bonus Head Customization Mode
- Limited Edition Penny Arcade Weapon Skin Featuring Twisp and Catsby

BestBuy (US)

Exclusive In-Game Weapons

Protect yourself when you enter some of the world's most explosive warzones with access to these weapons.

• MN 91/30 Mosin-Nagant earned its fearsome reputation during WWII, when it was employed by the legendary snipers of that era. This modernized warhorse offers increased maneuverability, a magnified optic, and integration of the Virtual AR system.

• M40 Sniper Rifle is the weapon of choice for U.S. Marine Corps snipers. This weapon is modernized with a fiberglass stock, upgraded optics, and the Augmented Reality system used by the Ghosts.

Plus, when your character progresses, you'll be able to unlock a third additional weapon for your arsenal.
Offer is valid on X360, PS3, and PC and is for pre-order only. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. While supplies last.

BestBuy (Canada)

Pre-order this game and get 800 Reward Zone Bonus Points!* ($10 Value)

Romanian Camo - Adopted in 2002 by the Romanian Ministry of Defense, this pattern known as M2002 is an adaptation of the British DPM pattern.

British Camo - DPM Pattern. Developed in the 1960’s and still in use today.

Walmart (US)

Bonus $10 Walmart.com eGift Card

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/11/13/00/02/21/1113000221320_300X300.jpg

Amazon (US/Canada)

Get a $10 Credit and an Amazon.com Exclusive Bonus Offer

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/promos/2012/GRFS048_Endcard_AMAZON.jpg

WalterWhite
04-13-2012, 05:48 AM
What a mess of exclusive pre-order items/future paid DLC. This stuff is way past annoying. I almost wonder if they actually expect people to buy ten different copies. I'm waiting for reviews on this game but I have a feeling it'll become something I pick up on Black Friday for $10-$20.

Edword
04-14-2012, 07:29 AM
I really wish FutureShop in Canada would ship to the US because that steelbook looks nice. They always have some great exclusives, especially for Blu-rays. Sigh.

Rep
04-14-2012, 08:17 AM
I just wish the Collector's Edition wasn't a exclusive for people in New Zealand and Australia.

MikeAK
04-14-2012, 02:41 PM
What a mess of exclusive pre-order items/future paid DLC. This stuff is way past annoying. I almost wonder if they actually expect people to buy ten different copies. I'm waiting for reviews on this game but I have a feeling it'll become something I pick up on Black Friday for $10-$20.

I totally agree with you on this point. This whole pre-order/DLC is beyond ridiculous and has gotten way out of hand, just give me the game and be done with it.

Too each their own but I really wish people would start thinking before they purchase these garbage packages because most of these pre/order bonuses are such a waste of money and end up in the garbage. I can't believe people look at these toys or figures and fork out the cash for them. Most of us migrate to a new game after a few months anyway but as people get older do you really think you're going to have video game figures or toys all over your house? I can only imagine what a woman would think when you bring her home and she asks how old your kid is only to have you say "nah, those are mine"... "this is my Master Chief helmet that I got with my special edition pre-order" or "check out these night vision goggles I scored from my "I'm and idiot" version of call of duty" HAHAHA! Obviously that rarely happens because most people end up throwing that crap out or giving it away. Those that do keep them on display don't have to worry about what a woman would say because they probably never will have a woman over.

Seriously people, start thinking before you blindly buy this crap. Sit down and actually look at all the money you throw away on these pre/0rder or special edition version that end up in the trash or trade for a fraction of what you paid for them. You'll be shocked at what you've actually wasted!

Denizens44
04-19-2012, 02:56 AM
I got my Signature Edition upgrade for free so Im pretty excited about the extra stuff.

Demolition D
04-19-2012, 03:59 PM
I wish we were getting the SE

Earth Djinn
04-20-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm getting the Signature Edition (already paid it off), but I really wish I could get the LE with the statue. That thing is awesome, and I just wish it was available where I live.

Int3rnalF3ar
04-20-2012, 05:48 PM
I totally agree with you on this point. This whole pre-order/DLC is beyond ridiculous and has gotten way out of hand, just give me the game and be done with it.

Too each their own but I really wish people would start thinking before they purchase these garbage packages because most of these pre/order bonuses are such a waste of money and end up in the garbage. I can't believe people look at these toys or figures and fork out the cash for them. Most of us migrate to a new game after a few months anyway but as people get older do you really think you're going to have video game figures or toys all over your house? I can only imagine what a woman would think when you bring her home and she asks how old your kid is only to have you say "nah, those are mine"... "this is my Master Chief helmet that I got with my special edition pre-order" or "check out these night vision goggles I scored from my "I'm and idiot" version of call of duty" HAHAHA! Obviously that rarely happens because most people end up throwing that crap out or giving it away. Those that do keep them on display don't have to worry about what a woman would say because they probably never will have a woman over.

Seriously people, start thinking before you blindly buy this crap. Sit down and actually look at all the money you throw away on these pre/0rder or special edition version that end up in the trash or trade for a fraction of what you paid for them. You'll be shocked at what you've actually wasted!

I take it you just watched The 40 Year Old Virgin?
Believe it or not, since you like to believe stereotypes, collectors know what women are, and do have girlfriends. Also, I love how you say most people throw their crap out like you actually survey every person who buys these special editions.

Some people are collectors, and that's why they buy them. I don't ever buy collector editions, but I can definitely understand why people get them. People like to have extra accessories to display in their rooms.

AirborneRichard
04-20-2012, 05:55 PM
I do agree with you guys that paying more for just some in-game content is lame, mainly because its most likely available somewhat later on marketplace for grabs with your MS points. Like Rage or Saints Rows 3 Proffesor Genki pack.
I must say i not pay more for the signature edition then the regular version just because it was a pre-order bonus, pre-order ghost recon and get the signature edition for the same price as the regular edition.
To bad they pump out so many different S.E editions lately it seems a trend from Ubisoft to do this lately, just saying the last Assassins Creed games or the upcoming Assassains Creed III and Ghost Recon to. I normaly not into these S.E. Edition but i woudn,t mind that Ghost Recon Statue realy! :)