PDA

View Full Version : I preordered the game

Hoborg
02-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Yes I did, just now. Despite my venom, I decided to pre-order and I'm not shy to announce on the forums. It shows that I have guts whereas I could have just silently let this incriminating fact slip away.

First off all, I took advantage of Toys R' Us promo which took 15 bucks off. So I feel good I'm not paying 100% MSRP.

Second, I am an achievement whore first and foremost. The game has super-easy achievements which is really the primary reason I'm getting it.

I will still hold off for some early reviews but if the game doesn't bomb completely, I will honor the pre-order. I'm about to finish my free month on TOR and I absolutely revile subscriptions so I decided to get this instead of renewing my sub.

Axel 360
02-01-2012, 09:00 PM
I donīt get it, why would you have to explain anyone or feel ashamed of having a game that people is hating even before is out ?? Specially when there are other people who actually like the demo.

And I even get less that "I pre-order. Despite my venom", Iīm guessing you mean your venom about the community reaction to the demo, because if you feel any venom about the game itself, then pre-order is just plain stupid.

Mighty Goliath89
02-01-2012, 09:03 PM
well done ^^b and nice to know, I guess :/

Kraderic
02-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Yes I did, just now. Despite my venom, I decided to pre-order and I'm not shy to announce on the forums. It shows that I have guts whereas I could have just silently let this incriminating fact slip away.

I don't see how this thread is a showing of "guts" because you decided to pre-order a game you for whatever reason hate everything about. If anything, that shows nothing but indecisiveness or general cluelessness, if not stupidity.

I donīt get it, why would you have to explain anyone or feel ashamed of having a game that people is hating even before is out ?? Specially when there are other people who actually like the demo.

It's because he made one of his novelty threads yesterday before it was locked by a mod. While his concerns may or may not be valid, he has a long history of creating volatile threads over the simplest, most trivial inconveniences. If you'll fancy a read, here is his earlier locked thread.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=355003

And I even get less that "I pre-order. Despite my venom", Iīm guessing you mean your venom about the community reaction to the demo, because if you feel any venom about the game itself, then pre-order is just plain stupid.

He's referring to the "venom" he spewed in the above linked thread. All this venom was displayed while ignorant of the fact that the demo was made from 3-month old code and was created from a different studio entirely from those developing KoA:R.

But regardless of all that, this thread is essentially pointless because he already said he wasn't going to get the game for a laundry list of reasons; that the only redeeming factor was "easy achievement":

It does have easy achievements though, so that's a good thing. But even with that as a bonus I can't get myself to play it. And I'm a good critic of RPGS(<--lol)

JONBLEACH
02-02-2012, 12:19 AM
I loved the demo, and i pre-ordered it today from Canadian EB Games. $72.00 altogether which includes the $3 scratch protection.

I died alot in the demo cause it seemed the enemies were always tougher than me for some reason. You cud pick to simply ressurect. I wonder if this is possible in the full game and if it has a negative effect on anything.

Hoborg
02-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Dont get me wrong, I still pretty much hate the game but I am an achievement whore at heart. Because of this, I am willing to shell out premium for an easy 1000g.

I'm falling behind my friends who are all upper 80k to 100k GS.

HLR zdmetal
02-02-2012, 01:46 AM
After reading the other thread all I have to say is, what the fuck?

Also, fucking LOL at you having "guts".

JONBLEACH
02-02-2012, 01:52 AM
but people assuming its going to be bad when the demo is 3 months old, u cant really say the final game is going to be shit

Akir388
02-02-2012, 02:51 AM
I don't understand this thread or your reasoning... I would never buy or even play a game I hate just because it's easy, even if I was an "achievement whore". That would take all the enjoyment out of gaming. I also don't understand judging a game so harshly when you have only played an old demo.

Kraderic
02-02-2012, 03:10 AM
I don't understand this thread or your reasoning... I would never buy or even play a game I hate just because it's easy, even if I was an "achievement whore". That would take all the enjoyment out of gaming. I also don't understand judging a game so harshly when you have only played an old demo.

This (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4578786&postcount=29) will help you understand where Hoborg is coming from. The funny thing here is that Hoborg is most likely behind all his friends GS-wise because of his constant fabrication of nonsense to help justify in his mind why he shouldn't finish or even try out a game. It's likely that his friends don't play games solely for achievements, but.. surprise surprise, actually enjoy the games they play even with those simple, almost negligent minor inconveniences!

Hoborg
02-02-2012, 05:06 AM

That's because you only have 4000 something GS, sorry but you don't understand the mentality.

Akir388
02-02-2012, 05:53 AM
How did I know you would point that out. :rolleyes: Yeah, my GS is low because I'm new to gaming. Does that make my opinion irrelevant? I could hide it but I'm not ashamed of the fact, everyone was a newbie at some point. Obviously I'm not the only one who doesn't understand your mentality.

TortoiseDelight
02-02-2012, 06:02 AM
That's because you only have 4000 something GS, sorry but you don't understand the mentality.

so if someone has a low gamerscore, they automatically don't understand the mentality? I have over 120k gamerscore and don't understand your mentality, mainly because your mentality is skewed and very much impractical.

i mean, come on.. you pass on BF3 because there's recoil on weapons, boycott a game because your not skilled enough to defeat a boss, traded in gears 3 after a week because there is co-op play, refused to purchase singularity because it was published by activision, passed on red dead redemption because it was 'souless', called splinter cell 'gay', boycotted L4D2 because they made a sequel.. the list goes on and on.

jung4ever
02-02-2012, 07:04 AM
When I looked at all your pointless threads, all I can think of is...
http://cdn.socialhype.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/eCards-061.jpg

Minty
02-02-2012, 07:09 AM

You state your falling behind your friends who have 80k gamerscore.

I don't see how you can claim to be an achievement whore with that either. I don't care about achievements and I have double that.

Des
02-02-2012, 07:12 AM
Pretty sure the community here has made it clear they don't give a shit what you think and or feel about any game. Please do us a favor and stop subjecting us to the shit that seems to spew from your mouth. Thanks.
~ The Community.

DOOKH8R
02-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Dont get me wrong, I still pretty much hate the game but I am an achievement whore at heart. Because of this, I am willing to shell out premium for an easy 1000g.

I'm falling behind my friends who are all upper 80k to 100k GS.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg

Yaymez
02-02-2012, 12:52 PM
I for one admire the fella. It takes all kinds of courage to roll up into a retail store and put down a fully refundable pre-order.